Nasturtium

Do you buy things thining.. When my SO is here... :)

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
omg a big list of stuff to do for me while he's waiting for his ssn is hilarious! i'll make sure to show him where the mop and other cleaning products are. :whistle:

mine found them on his own :yes:;):blush:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
omg a big list of stuff to do for me while he's waiting for his ssn is hilarious! i'll make sure to show him where the mop and other cleaning products are. :whistle:

Hey! You know you may as well! Partly because if he's not doing anything, eh will go crazy. This isn't a concern as much for those in a bigger city. I like in podunk and have one car, so I know he will be nuts. I need to take him out :) He's actually a gardener like me, so when he saw my photos of my yard, we immediately started to draw up landscape architecture plans for plantings. If you can find somehting he *wants* to do, I imagine it will help!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
In April 2003 I bought a new Cavalier so we would have a new car. He came in Sept 2004, it was already 1 1/2 years old.....so much for the new car. :blush:

Jackie (F)

Aww! Did you get to enjoy the new car though? :) Mine will have to get a job before we get a new car.

WHich reminds me, how did the foreign driver's insurance work out? I have a friend who is having to pay an astronomical ammount.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Now i see im not the only one thinking of the lawn mowing :whistle: and car washing

Hachemi got on my old mower. I gave him instruction on all the levers. He took off and never looked back. He really enjoys mowings. I even bought him a brand new yard machine riding mower so he can enjoy it even more this sping. :lol: And yep, he washes cars too. :thumbs:

Meriem (F)

IMG_0590.jpg

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Um, I invested in a new bedroom setjust this past weekend. I am sure we will use that together. Also as the months pass, I plan on buying a new sofa. And a complete dish set. None of these really for him, more for me. I want to do more entertaining when he gets here. And go back to the life I am accustomed to.... :thumbs:

I think I have wasted enough money for the 4 years with phone bills, fon cards, letters, internet, flying and trips.... I cut back ALOT on my lifestyle.... I donnot go out anymore for fun (a sacrfice we both have been making) donnot buy clothes or any gifts for myself anymore and no leisure travel (only for business).....when he gets here... I am going back to the usual lifestyle. :yes:

I have the Italian coffee maker, pastry making tools and dishes....so I am good there.

When he gets we will go out and get him some clothes and tolietries, you know the usual. I rather him bring over his things that are irreplacable, like family photos, his computer software, important books and family heirlooms.... clothes he can buy here cheaper and better quality.

Later down the line, I am sure he will want to buy himself a computer and a car... but he can do that himself. I know I am NOT going out of my way to buy him anything... he is a grown man, he can do for himself.

Most important is we are together, we have a home, food and work. Everything is just extra BS.

Timeline
Now i see im not the only one thinking of the lawn mowing :whistle: and car washing

Hachemi got on my old mower. I gave him instruction on all the levers. He took off and never looked back. He really enjoys mowings. I even bought him a brand new yard machine riding mower so he can enjoy it even more this sping. :lol: And yep, he washes cars too. :thumbs:

Meriem (F)

IMG_0590.jpg

LOL glad to see Hachemi is enjoying the simple things in life Meriem :lol: Funny what strikes people when they come to the US... some people it is the dollar store, others is the 24hour shoppes, freedom...and others is lawn mowers... Well ye... it is almost like a race car (without the race part LOL)

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Meriem (F)

IMG_0590.jpg

We need to buy one of those we have a huge yard to mow during the summer :) What we should have invested in was a freaking snow blower. We live on a street where the city doesn't clean during snow storms thank god we have a SUV because I don't think we could have made it out of the driveway.

I wanted to buy another car and a house before my husband came but he wouldn't have none of that, and insisted that I wait until he got here. He wanted to pay for half once he was financial able too. We needed another car asap once he got a job, so i just co signed the loan for him and he pays the payment. We recently bought a house together. Not bad for his first year here. I'll have to agree with what Henia said. "what matters is that you are together and have jobs and a roof over your head and food to eat." :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I went to the Indian store and bought a couple of big steel Thalis like K uses at home. I'll probably buy a large, heavy-duty rice cooker to replace my cheapie 5-cup one and a big pot for Dal and we'll be all set... :lol:

Edited by deathbydalbhat

Timeline

Yes an electric kettle isgreat idea. I use mine for a multitude of things, not just to make tea.

And wooooooooooooohooooooot I really cannot wait to go 'shopping' in the kitchware shoppe on Shaeffer in Deaborn Moody. I have already picked out my *complete* china set.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I love to shop, it is my vice. So when my fiance comes down I will try to buy anything he will need or what I want him to have. He is very careful about spending $$$ and that is a good thing. I need someone in my life like that. I waste so much money. I will also waste it on him if he allows me to, which I doubt.

He will come down with money that he saved. He will also be very conscious of how it is spent. I do not know how much $$$ he will come with but just the idea that he is carrying a heavier load by working two jobs, ect. to save money for us is adorable. Can his $$$ compare to the money we will have here, highly unlikely. But while he is there without contributing towards us, he should be saving all his extra money.

While visiting him, he spoils me rotten. I can just say what I want and he buys it. He will get the same treatment here until he is able to earn a decent living and then spoil me again.

When he comes down he will have to carry the load of the household duties mostly for a bit, but then we will share all of that as well.

Filed: Timeline

You're so cute, Henia :)

That store is nice. I don't have to worry about kitchen supplies since Moh isn't a fancy guy. A large mug for tea is all he requires. lol.

Yes an electric kettle isgreat idea. I use mine for a multitude of things, not just to make tea.

And wooooooooooooohooooooot I really cannot wait to go 'shopping' in the kitchware shoppe on Shaeffer in Deaborn Moody. I have already picked out my *complete* china set.

Edited by moody

Filed: Timeline
I almost feel like it's bad kharma to actually buy something for when he's here though. Like when I was pregnant I refused to buy anything for the baby until around the eighth month of pregnancy............just in case. lol

Good thing I don't believe in Karma :) I have quite a few things, but almost NONE are specific to him. Only one thing- -I got him a couple of pairs of underwear. i won't be borrowing those! he sent me several things this trip to take here for him. We weren't sure if or when he would ever go home, so we went ahead and moved a few things so he could move the rest himself.

lol about the underwear. That's something I will never buy for him since the egyptian undies are so soft!!! I actually wore his undies one day 'cause I couldn't believe how comfortable they were!!! :lol::lol:

:lol:

drinkblink14.gif

Timeline
I love to shop, it is my vice. So when my fiance comes down I will try to buy anything he will need or what I want him to have. He is very careful about spending $$$ and that is a good thing. I need someone in my life like that. I waste so much money. I will also waste it on him if he allows me to, which I doubt.

He will come down with money that he saved. He will also be very conscious of how it is spent. I do not know how much $$$ he will come with but just the idea that he is carrying a heavier load by working two jobs, ect. to save money for us is adorable. Can his $$$ compare to the money we will have here, highly unlikely. But while he is there without contributing towards us, he should be saving all his extra money.

While visiting him, he spoils me rotten. I can just say what I want and he buys it. He will get the same treatment here until he is able to earn a decent living and then spoil me again.

When he comes down he will have to carry the load of the household duties mostly for a bit, but then we will share all of that as well.

Hopefully your SO gets here befor eyour baby is due

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.