nav22

I-751 - Jan. 3 received Fee Receipt, but still no NOA

7 posts in this topic

Would like some advice on what to do, I am concerned that maybe my NOA was lost in the mail.

Dec.22: filed I-751 to Vermont

Jan.03: received the yellow G-7511

...still waiting... and I need to travel next month for work. What should I do? Tried navigating to USCIS phone system, but without an Application Receipt Number that works, I can't get through to speak to anyone!

HELP!

UPDATE

I just spoke to a human at USCIS (by selecting "Change Your Address" from the "Pending Case" menu). The initial person could not access the EAC# from my Fee Receipt, and forwarded me to another person that could. She said that my NOA "may" still be mailed soon, because this process is "new". To travel I need to obtain a passport stamp by making an appointment through https://infopass.uscis.gov (which I have for Jan.20).

While USCIS still hand-writes receipts in triplicate, I do admire how they manage to cash checks so quickly!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Govt has always been great at taking money!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
UPDATE

I just spoke to a human at USCIS (by selecting "Change Your Address" from the "Pending Case" menu). The initial person could not access the EAC# from my Fee Receipt, and forwarded me to another person that could. She said that my NOA "may" still be mailed soon, because this process is "new". To travel I need to obtain a passport stamp by making an appointment through https://infopass.uscis.gov (which I have for Jan.20).

While USCIS still hand-writes receipts in triplicate, I do admire how they manage to cash checks so quickly!

You need to recontact them, I had the same problem with VSC. I received the Register Receipt on 1/6/07, and others on here and should have received NOA a week later like others on herehave. Well 3 weeks went by, no NOA.

I contacted the Hotline, got patched into an actual Officer since the Register Receipt #'s cannot be checked by service reps. I spoke with a VERY NICE Philippino Officer (my wifes Philippino, and I let him know that, so he was super nice), and he said that some service centers are having issues getting out NOA's. He sent an Email to the VSC while I was on the phone requesting they send out an NOA ASAP, he also gave me a confirmation #. He said if I didnt get one within 30 days, to call back in with that number. Sure enough about 3 weeks later my NOA and Biometrics arriived the same day.

So it all depends what officer is processing. K1spain filed the day after us, received his Register Receipt 2 days after us, but received his NOA a week after that.

Timeline I-751 (Removal of conditions):

12/21/2006 - Sent to Vermont Service Center UPS Early AM Overnight

12/22/2006 - Reached Vermont Service Center

12/26/2006 - USPS Money Order cashed ($275.00)

01/04/2006 - Individual Fee Register Receipt Received

02/05/2007 - NOA Received

02/05/2007 - Biometrics Appointment Received

02/15/2007 - Biometrics Appointment

03/14/2007 - Finally made it in to do biometrics. No problems going in a month late

06/20/2007 - Received an Email stating that her card was "Ordered for production"... WE'RE APPROVED

06/25/2007 - 10 Year Green Card Arrived!!!!!

Thanks drtec,

It seems I either got the slow Processor, or maybe it has something to do with the expiration date of my Temp. Perm. Resident Card?

UPDATE

I received my NOA on 2/13 (a full 6 weeks after I received my Fee Receipt), and Biometrics 2 days later (for 2/28 appointment), which correlates with the expiration of my Temp. Perm. Resident Card on 2/25. Maybe that’s how this works? I hope this helps others...

Filed: Timeline
Would like some advice on what to do, I am concerned that maybe my NOA was lost in the mail.

Dec.22: filed I-751 to Vermont

Jan.03: received the yellow G-7511

...still waiting... and I need to travel next month for work. What should I do? Tried navigating to USCIS phone system, but without an Application Receipt Number that works, I can't get through to speak to anyone!

HELP!

Hi!

Dont worry about that NOA -1 too much,maybe it was lost ,but you've received the yellow letter and thats the main thing unless as you say you need to travel,but i wouldnt recommend to travel with the yellow letter actually its not allowed.

Just wait for your Green Card. The Approval notice should arrive to you ina couple of month or so and then the Green Card.

Best Wishes. (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.