• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

my fiance shaves his beard, wears matching clothes with style, and wears cologne but i for sure wouldn't consider him metrosexual.

when i think of metrosexual i think of men i know who are like this:

who pluck/wax their eye brows/chest/back/private parts, men who really care about designer labels for everything they own, men who have as many skin care and hair care products as i do, men who get mani/pedis, men who have a different cologne for what MOOD they are in that day, or what event they are going to......men who highlight their hair :wacko:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Tried to edit, to add this, it would not let me so I reposted:

To me meterosexual men have always looked gay, acted gay, dressed gay ... but were straight.

Lebanese people do not look, act or dress gay.

Maybe I misunderstood ... but that's just what I have always thought.

No harm was meant. I used used the word metrosexual, since I could not come up with a better name. But I dislike this word anyway, sounds gay to me.

I was just merely curious since the area I live (MI) where the MENA population is so large. I see vast amounts of men, from certain countries that just look fab. And then other men from other countries who generally look sloppy.

Also when I went to Algerie people (not only men) in Alger they seemed to all look rather beautiful. People wore the fashions and looked like they spent some time in the beauty/barber shoppes.

I kinda like the chic well-put together (metrosexual if you will) look. My husband is naturally handsome (to me at least) but when I see him in some drabby home clothes and then the tailoured nicely pressed clothes he wears for work....I see a big difference. I mean I cannot stand men who wear jumpsuits, sweats and wrinkled jean/t-shirt emsembles. I much rather see my husband in some clean pressed dressier outfits (Cos even jeans can look chic if you style yourself right) I appreciate how my husband looks clean shaven, always nicely trimed hair, in just a pair pressed jeans, a brightly coloured dress shirts, his (knock off of course) Gucci belt and some sqaure-toed shoes. ^_^

And I think I agree with abdounjen about her defincation of a metrosexual. Sorry I guess I did not use the correct word when posting this thread orginally. :blush:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
my fiance shaves his beard, wears matching clothes with style, and wears cologne but i for sure wouldn't consider him metrosexual.

when i think of metrosexual i think of men i know who are like this:

who pluck/wax their eye brows/chest/back/private parts, men who really care about designer labels for everything they own, men who have as many skin care and hair care products as i do, men who get mani/pedis, men who have a different cologne for what MOOD they are in that day, or what event they are going to......men who highlight their hair :wacko:

Perhaps he's a moderate meterosexual, like mine.

"Metro" doesn't mean effeminate. It's just a term coined a few years ago to describe the sort of guy who is straight, but would get a facial or a manicure or pay for an expensive hair wax. Taking care of your appearance was coded as gay for a while, hence the term, but metrosexual doesn't mean flamboyant.

Think a well-dressed trendy guy in Manhattan.

Think European, too.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

This topic is sooo funny I was thinking about this my last visit to Jordan. My fiance, while he cares about his appearance he's usually ready before me. His only concern is his hair. He shaves himself, with nices "lines," and can be ready in a matter of 15 minutes or less. Of course, he could go without a shave for weeks and I'd still think he was super duper cutie material.... :whistle:

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
there are tonssssssss of metro me/na men. if you were in LA you'd see the thousands and thousands of persian metros.

those kinda guys are not for me. if anyone takes longer than me to get ready and they don't even wear makeup or have long hair.... well, ummmmm. :bonk:

p.s. i had no idea men got their beards threaded! ouch! where do you live, julianna? i see threading shops here in ny all over the place. i was thinking of trying it for my eyebrows.

waxing sucks. i had it done twice and vowed never to go again. i got my bikini lasered. best thing ever!

Yeah! If your So has a clean beard line? On his cheek? he might likely be plucking the line ot keep it straight! I live in Northwest Arkansas.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
there are tonssssssss of metro me/na men. if you were in LA you'd see the thousands and thousands of persian metros.

those kinda guys are not for me. if anyone takes longer than me to get ready and they don't even wear makeup or have long hair.... well, ummmmm. :bonk:

p.s. i had no idea men got their beards threaded! ouch! where do you live, julianna? i see threading shops here in ny all over the place. i was thinking of trying it for my eyebrows.

waxing sucks. i had it done twice and vowed never to go again. i got my bikini lasered. best thing ever!

Yeah! If your So has a clean beard line? On his cheek? he might likely be plucking the line ot keep it straight! I live in Northwest Arkansas.

Juliana my fiance has the same issue, he doesn't have a clear beard line on his cheek. We decided the best solution to this would be laser hair removal, because its not as easy and cheap to get threading done here. Theading also hurts a heck of alot more than waxing and sugaring.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I hate the word metrosexual, but it best describes what I am saying/asking. Metrosexual/übersexual...Do you know some ME/NA that take care of themselves, spends more then you on looking good ? or do you think it's not in the culture.... I am curious.

uhmm I think my man is metrosexual. he loves to primp in the mirror. but, hey he is HOT DAYUM. he likes me too look HOT too.. course, he is into fashion design.:)

nothing wrong with a goodlooking, sweet smelling well groomed primping man!...lol

shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nothing wrong with that attttttttt all umm umm

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Big Pimpin' in the MENA....do I hear a remix to Jay Z's song lololololol. I'll write the music, Shon you can rap....

LOLOLOL

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I second that :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.