klowzz

Nice little story

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hi I'm new here but now looking into this since I will be getting married next month :).

Well heres my story and if you can give me some advice I would sure appreciate it.

I moved to the US from England in 95 and my whole family applied for residency (mom, dad and 2 brothers). Well in 1999 the paper work came in, got the photos done I have a SSN and white card but then my the rest of my family got their green cards and I got denied since during the process I turned 21. Re-applied and after constant checking it turns out they made a boo-boo and got my application mixed up with another with the same name. So again the process begins and for the last 3 years it has been pending with no light of day. I’ve been working, filing taxes and everything. I have spent a total of almost 2 weeks in line at the INS office.

Now I’ve met my wife to be who has a duel British-American citizenship. Can I apply using the K-3? What route would be the best one to take?

I am not even sure if one can petition for a spouse whilst their own is pending :unsure: Perhaps your wife can, seen as she has dual citizenship......that would depend though I guess on the current/past situation of your wife (soon to be)........hmmmmmmmmmm......sorry kinda thinking out load here :D I am thinking perhaps a meeting with an immigration lawyer to weigh up your options. Then again I am tired and this has possibly gone way over my head due to that fact and someone will come along and perhaps have some answers for you.

P.S. Least this gets bumped back up for you :D

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Confused :huh: but it dosent take much :lol:

Do you mean for your soon to be wife to file a K3 for you??..............is she living in the us now, as a usc??

I honestly dont know the answer but Lorelle's advice was good, just go get the advice of a immigration lawyer................ are you are both currently living in the US and you have papers already in the system, ???

EDITED to say..........watch this space as 1 of the very smart VJers will probably have a good answer for you!!

I wish you Good Luck & a great wedding day :thumbs:

Edited by euro

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

EDITED to say..........watch this space as 1 of the very smart VJers will probably have a good answer for you!!

4986qb.gif

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

4986qb.gif

:o you know your smart, ya just not smart enough for this topic....... :blush::P

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi I'm new here but now looking into this since I will be getting married next month :).

Well heres my story and if you can give me some advice I would sure appreciate it.

I moved to the US from England in 95 and my whole family applied for residency (mom, dad and 2 brothers). Well in 1999 the paper work came in, got the photos done I have a SSN and white card but then my the rest of my family got their green cards and I got denied since during the process I turned 21. Re-applied and after constant checking it turns out they made a boo-boo and got my application mixed up with another with the same name. So again the process begins and for the last 3 years it has been pending with no light of day. I’ve been working, filing taxes and everything. I have spent a total of almost 2 weeks in line at the INS office.

Now I’ve met my wife to be who has a duel British-American citizenship. Can I apply using the K-3? What route would be the best one to take?

You have what is known around here as 'several complicating factors'. I have not seen anyone post their own experiences that would be of any use to you; I recommend that you get some legal intervention before you file anything.

IMO, complicating factors:

-"white card" indicates a refugee or asylee application. It might apply to other kinds of cases, but that's all I've ever heard of

-Case denied because you turned 21, commonly called 'aging out'

-Reapplication based on whatever status you were trying the first time

-Case pending for 3+ years

There is no one who posts to this board that is qualified to answer your questions. I can tell you that no-one at INS is going to be able to answer your questions either.

If I were you, I'd be shopping for a lawyer who is experienced in your issues, whatever they are. It doesn't sound like doing it yourself has worked out too well so far. That doesn't say anything bad about you, just that your issues are beyond 'do it yourself'.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for your comments and I now do have a lawyer sorting the mess out. They told me to use the K3 since INS is lost about my case right now. Both of us live in the US (and getting married here too). I'll let you guys know how things turn out, hopefully it will help someone else out in the future.

Edited by klowzz

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Do you currently reside in the US or in England?

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can only get a K3 from abroad.. thats goofy. I guess you could go home and get it.. but what for? It has to be based on an I-130 anyhow. Age out cases (Prior to August 2002 I think) Were suposed to file an I-485 AOS.. I dunno perhaps they dont make a Visa 4 U.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Scratch-Head.gif getting more dubious all the time me thinks.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: Timeline

Why everybody thinks this is so complicated?

Klowzz is in the US (entered legaly) and when he marries USC, the USC-his wife can petition for him. They should send all the documents for AOS.

AOS is much safer than K3, as we are not sure how his current situation may be interpreted (any overstay or similar).

There are many people who are abandoning their current petition and starting with a different one when the situation changes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.