Gillian

Should I Be Worried? (No NOA1 Yet)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi there,

We fed exed our petition and evidence package on Monday the 6th and still haven't had our NOA1, which for many people seems to arrive about 2 days later (sometimes by email). Should I be concerned? We noticed when we tracked our fed-ex shipment that the package was signed for at an address other than the address we originally sent it to (we used the address that was posted online as the Vermont Service Center's mailing address) but it ended up in a different town in Vermont than where we sent it! Has this happened to anyone else filing with Vermont? I would think that fed ex delivers enough packages to these guys on a daily basis that they knew what they were doing, but who can be sure? I'm a *wee* bit nervous to say the least after all the work that went into that package. Thanks everyone for any insight!

Filed: Timeline

hi, no do not be too worried over not getting any advice just yet, Vermont is one of the better service centres, did you send a cheque? if so when it goes to the bank you can check on line to see weather it has been cashed on on the back of the cheque you will find some numbers that serve as your id till you get to the NVC stage. Also go on line to the ucsis site and registar on line with the number you find on the back of the cheque, so all in all nothing to worry about, we all go through the same worries as you are, and it is easy for me to say dont do this or that, hope your journey is a speedy one.

Best Wishes

Janice

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

i wouldn't worry quite yet. alot of times they dont email the NOA1. It took almost a week for me to get mine in the mail. What I did was checked my account to see when they cashed my check cuz that happened before i received my NOA1 in the mail.

Good Luck

Diana and Enrico

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

I agree with the other posts, give it some time. VSC is a very good service center so you should be hearing something soon

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi

You should try mapquesting/google earthing the city name. The cities may be very close to one another and just have the same zip code or something. Sometimes when items go through shippers, when they pull up a zip code, a different city may come up. Or some cities are so small they don't even have post offices. I live in a small township called sumpter, but our actual mailing address is for belleville even though we don't live there. That could be a possibility as well. Good luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Look at my timeline and you'll see

nothing to worry, believe in me

keep walkin'

jhonny walker blue label always there for you ahaha

just kidding...

dont worry you'll get it soon

hugs

Visa Approved!

Removal of Conditions

21/03 - VSC Received it

24/03 - NOA 1

27/03 - Check Cashed

08/04 - Biometrics received

July 8th - Approved

"Do you think who made the ears wont listen to you? Do you think who made the eyes, wont see? God is always watching you and listening to you"

988_d85d41946422f5b8fb58899bbfd0ba87_prod.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We sent ours on the 3rd of March..... no NOA1 yet..... hope it gets here soon too!!!

Good luck to all of us!! :yes::thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Keep in mind that if you sent it March 6th it probably didn't get there until March 7th, and since they don't collect their packages same day (a notice is left and someone picks them up early the next day) it probably didn't even arrive their until March 8th. So, in other words, it would probably be pretty strange if you got yours this quickly!

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Do not worry it does take few days or weeks to get it via snail mail. Good luck on your journey.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.