Nasturtium

Interview moved!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So this morning my husband called me to say that the embassy emailed him and said his interview was moved from June 18, 2007 at 8am to April 24, 2007 at ??? (they didn't provide a time). So take heart everyone going through Amman! They really are moving interviews!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Excellent news !! Go Amman -- that'll save you two months !

Congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance:

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

congrats, that's awesome! :thumbs:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

YAY! :dance:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Congratulations :thumbs: ... We all know 2 months is a huge difference when it comes to these interviews.. Best of luck to you both. :luv:

Worry is a choice that displeases God. When you worry, you reveal that you

don't really trust God to provide all that you need. --June Hunt

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Oh I am SOOOO happy for you J.A. !!!! :dance: That's AWESOME!! It's prolly at the same time, which is why they didn't provide a time....but I'd still check...Gawd knows Amman isn't known for OVER-informing their customers.....it's like pulling teeth. CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!

*************** K1 TIMELINE ****************

November 15, 2005 - I-129F Petition mailed to Vermont Service Center

Nov. 23 NOA-1 RFeceived / December 05, 2005 - NOA-2 Received

December 14, 2005 - Case # and packet received from U.S. embassy in Amman, Jordan

January 15, 2006 - Completed packet mailed to U.S. embassy in Amman, Jordan

March 26, 2006 - Letter received stating Visa Appointment scheduled for October 12, 2006

October 12, 2006 - Visa Interview - Approved!

October - December 2006 - Administrative Processing / Security Check

December 20, 2006 - State Department finishes administrative processing

January 24, 2007 - I FINALLY find out Visa is ready because NO ONE EVER called us from the embassy in Amman

February 27, 2007 - Passport sent off to embassy in Amman to have Visa put in

April 13, 2007 - VISA IN HAND!!! After 17 months....Friday the 13th...how fitting.

April 24, 2007 - Entrance into U.S. at Chicago O'Hare...YAY!!!

***************** AOS TIMELINE ******************

May 15, 2007 - Finally Married!!!!

May 17, 2007- Received Social Security Number

May 29, 2007 - Mailed of AOS/EAD Packet

June 9, 2007 - Received NOA-1

June 28, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

July 26, 2007 - RFE for I-485 (need to re-submit W-2s for sponsor and joint sponsor)

August 18, 2007 - Recived appointment letter for I-485.

October 25, 2007 - Green Card Interview!

***************** Lifting of Conditions ******************

October 19, 2009 - Interview for 10 yr. Green Card - Lifting of conditions

Timeline

Thanks guys!

I figured that too Mandolin... but we figured we'd give them a couple of weeks and then hit them again with questions. The best part is that I sent them an email asking about CR1 possibilities, and he sent them an email asking if they had his correct contact number (based on your events!) and they sent him the answer to my question and then told me they had sent him an email. LOL! They never did actually answer either one of our questions! Oh well!

The two months does make a huge difference due to a recent death in the family and him having to divide the belongings with his siblings. He wants to wait until he has the visa in his hand to start because it is going to be culturally too early to do this-- but if they know he is leaving, they will do it quietly. So even if he was approved and left with a visa in his hand (haha dreams!), he would still need another 45 days after that to straighten things out. So I'm stuck still waiting a bit because of this situation since he has no plans to return for quite a while.

Oh I am SOOOO happy for you J.A. !!!! :dance: That's AWESOME!! It's prolly at the same time, which is why they didn't provide a time....but I'd still check...Gawd knows Amman isn't known for OVER-informing their customers.....it's like pulling teeth. CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's great news! Even though you'll still have to wait (and you might just have to anyway for AP/AR) at least you'll have that peace of mind that this step is over!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

He's not even going to tell his family about his interview because they sooooooo do not understand how these things work- -and everyone who came here came in the 1970s and was telling him visas are easy! Just 2 weeks and you have one! LOLOL! So he's going to tell them when he has it in hand, because they wouldn't understand the whole AP/AR thing! Then after that, my 30-45 day wait of inheritence division starts! Yay! (sarcasm) :) I tried to get him to say he'd tell them if he was put on AP since that's shorter, but he still said NO. I just want him to come (obviously) as soon as possible, especially if that could be before summer hits. I'm also from the desert and I remember the feelings of suffocation and suffering involved with moving to the South and experiencing a summer with humidity!!

That's great news! Even though you'll still have to wait (and you might just have to anyway for AP/AR) at least you'll have that peace of mind that this step is over!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks guys!

The two months does make a huge difference due to a recent death in the family and him having to divide the belongings with his siblings. He wants to wait until he has the visa in his hand to start because it is going to be culturally too early to do this-- but if they know he is leaving, they will do it quietly. So even if he was approved and left with a visa in his hand (haha dreams!), he would still need another 45 days after that to straighten things out. So I'm stuck still waiting a bit because of this situation since he has no plans to return for quite a while.

I would think that him having the visa in hand will be a great relief even if you have to wait. I know the mere thought that my fiance may finally have his visa soon is just overwhelming but almost a relief (will be when he gets it). I hope your journey is swift.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline
I would think that him having the visa in hand will be a great relief even if you have to wait. I know the mere thought that my fiance may finally have his visa soon is just overwhelming but almost a relief (will be when he gets it). I hope your journey is swift.

Thanks! And yes, it will be a huge relief. Then I just get to stress about a plane ticket and him getting through the airport. i have an irrational fear that he will get lost in O'Hare, and I'll never hear from him again LOL!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.