ashp

I hate VSC/NVC

50 posts in this topic

My goodness! I'm so sorry to hear this has happened! I thought they were required to be so careful with these files, as they contain sensitive, personal information; but I suppose looking at the vast numbers of cases they deal with, this is possible.

Its curious to me that the three of you this has happened to (although Turboguy knows where his is at) are from VSC.

I wonder if someone could lose their job for having 'lost' your case! According to Huskerkiev (not soonerkiev!), they take it very seriously when these are misplaced.

I'm sorry - I hope you get through very quickly once they have reissued the NOA2. Thank goodness for the electronic trail!

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here we are 19 days later and once again nothing has happened. We called Senator Collins this morning and she said if she hasn't heard from them by Thursday (I didn't make the call, but my understanding is she had it flagged for them to respond to her as well) she's going to .. well, do something.

How disappointing, even a senator can't get the USCIS to get their butts into gear and fix problems. She's been really helpful and I'm sure glad to have her on my side, because if she can't get them to act, what hope do the rest of us have?!

Hi ashp, it took them 30 days on my case for them to retrieve it from the storage facility, reapprove it and get it to me. Hopefully yours is just around the corner. I know you had the same exact problem as me, they had me wondering for a while also.

Well, I know nobody is that interested but finally a POSITIVE result (in a way!). The senators office called us back to tell us the USCIS has 'lost' our petition. Completely lost all paper trail, only retaining a computer record. She took some details from my fiancee and they are going to 'reissue the NOA2', which sounds a lot like what happened to lookywhatifound. She then said it'll be 'expedited'. Anyone else had this happen and did it make much difference to when you got the interview date?

On the contrary, I think lots of people are *very* interested... it's scary that despite all their barcoding etc, they're able to totally lose a file like this. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you now, and so glad to hear your senator's office took notice of your problem and were able to help! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Yes, I meant to say that too - I'm VERY interested. I'm sorry you've had to go through it, obviously, but at least now, we all know this CAN happen - and potentially what to do to resolve it (and how USCIS/NVC will handle it when it has happened).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes, I meant to say that too - I'm VERY interested. I'm sorry you've had to go through it, obviously, but at least now, we all know this CAN happen - and potentially what to do to resolve it (and how USCIS/NVC will handle it when it has happened).

I think my most important lesson was that due to how things are setup it's best to start as high as you can, with a senator, and have them bring down weight, or they will lie to you! Still, I hope this thread one day helps someone else trapped in a similar position, don't give up hope! My fiancee has been so upset about this that the news was fantastic for her. :)

Well, I know nobody is that interested but finally a POSITIVE result (in a way!). The senators office called us back to tell us the USCIS has 'lost' our petition. Completely lost all paper trail, only retaining a computer record. She took some details from my fiancee and they are going to 'reissue the NOA2', which sounds a lot like what happened to lookywhatifound. She then said it'll be 'expedited'. Anyone else had this happen and did it make much difference to when you got the interview date?

Hey Ashp, sorry to hear they complety lost your petition. In my case they didn't ask any details of me, just reapproved and sent the the new NOA2. Well at least you now have hope that it will get to NVC. It did proceed quite fast after I got it though, it probably only stayed at NVC for 2 days. The consulate she is going to interview at is quite small and ours was the first case they received on that day, and they were faster than we were even ready for! So I don't know whether the consulate process was expedited or just normal for them.

In any case I hope your headache is finally over and you will soon get your interview. :yes:

Its funny that people say VSC is so fast. They can be fast but, also so fast that they might put your petition in the dump truck instead of the truck going to the NVC. :devil:

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.