nel

F2B category Administrative review? us embassy manila

10 posts in this topic

Are you the adult child of an LPR (green card holder)? Maybe the embassy still has some validation to do. I can't find anything on the procedures for handling F2B visas in Manila so hope you can find someone on VJ that can give you more details. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline
:help: Is there anybody in a F2b category has an pink and white paper mark as "WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US"? after interview in us embassy in manila? pls give some info about this, i read too many situation like in K1 category but seldom in F2B, pls help in a newbee here.....thnx!!!!

Thnx jasman for replying my post, im a 40 year old adult son of an LPR, i interviewed last jan 22 2007 at us embassy manila, and i have a brother also interviewed last jan 23, 2007, my younger brother didnt recieved anything except a pink paper, and after 5 days, he recieved his visa, i was wondering why? we also have the same documents etc... do you have any idea re this matter, i been waiting for this for past 11 yrs, and ive never been married for the past 11 long years, bcoz of f2b category, pls help, thnk you very much!!!! :help:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi nel,

my cousin went through the same predicament like yours but her visa was released a month after.

also, can someone include my case to the AR list.... i was interviewed jan 8 and up to now i have no idea when will my visa be released. i only learned that i'm AR through this site and then it hit me i had my BC corrected but the consul didn't say a word about it just got a white paper with nothing on it just the signature of the consul who interviewed me... it's so frustrating, i called the embassy twice and i got the same reply wait wait wait it could be released tomorrow, a month, two months, three months and more blah blah that would be my last call to the visa call center. the guy at the visa center even told me that no amount of pleading or fax or letter to the embassy, letter to a congressman or senator will help expedite the release of my visa.

still, another course of action my fiance wrote his congressman last week and until today we have no word from the embassy yet.. anyway good things come to those who wait so be patient everyone!

those who are in AR like me let's all wait and pray.... im interested to join the get together... i'l text ken and maria!

God bless! salamat!

Fish!

Arrival in the US 02-22-07

Married 04-05-07

Filed AOS/EAD 04-25-07 (priority mail)

Received at Chicago lockbox 04-28-07

Check encashed 05-02-07

Received biometrics letter 05-10-07

Biometrics sked 06-1-07 @ Charlotte, NC

Transferred to CSC 06-01-07

CRIS email confirming transfer to CSC 06-08-07

Touched 06-10-07 (Someone is working on a sunday)

EAD approval 7-9 (CRIS email received 7-14)

AOS 1st touched 7-17 pm since transfer to CSC

AOS 2nd touched 7-18 am

AOS 3rd touched 7-19 around 9am then around 12:48 CRIS email came AOS card prodution!

AOS 4th touched 7-20 9:27am Welcome letter

AOS welcome letter in the mail 7/21

EAD card received 7/21

Green card received 7/26

Immigration free till 7/18/09

I-751

Sent application 04-18-09

Check cashed on 04-22-09

Received on 05-05-09

Received Bio Sked 05-14-09

Bio Schedule 06-01-09

And then the wait.....

*** ps didn't apply for SS id or driver's permit not until 8 days before my I-94 expired and was told to wait for my EAD or greencard which ever comes first huh!

*** apply for SSS, driver's license passed 7/23

Malditang Pinay

www.maldita12.blogspot.com

hi nel,

my cousin went through the same predicament like yours but her visa was released a month after.

also, can someone include my case to the AR list.... i was interviewed jan 8 and up to now i have no idea when will my visa be released. i only learned that i'm AR through this site and then it hit me i had my BC corrected but the consul didn't say a word about it just got a white paper with nothing on it just the signature of the consul who interviewed me... it's so frustrating, i called the embassy twice and i got the same reply wait wait wait it could be released tomorrow, a month, two months, three months and more blah blah that would be my last call to the visa call center. the guy at the visa center even told me that no amount of pleading or fax or letter to the embassy, letter to a congressman or senator will help expedite the release of my visa.

still, another course of action my fiance wrote his congressman last week and until today we have no word from the embassy yet.. anyway good things come to those who wait so be patient everyone!

those who are in AR like me let's all wait and pray.... im interested to join the get together... i'l text ken and maria!

God bless! salamat!

Fish!

hi nel,

God bless! salamat!

Fish!

hi nel,

God bless! salamat!

Fish!

Thnx fish for replying, may i know what visa you are appying? im sorry to hear that you are also in AR, the thing is.... howcome the consular officer didnt tell us anything about our case? i was so upset, imagine i was waiting too long for this, and now ive been waiting again without even know what to expect , i hope our predicament will end soon fish, just keep in touch, hopefully if god willing, may we recieve our visa soon :unsure: just give me an update when you recieve your visa... till next time bye!!!! :yes: thnx!!!

• 2 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The way I see it the problem with your case rests solely on the interpretation of the CSPA guidelines. The CSPA law is controversial since there are certain provisions or parts of the law that were unclear to begin with. There are hundreds if not thousands of cases similar to yours that are now subject to a class action lawsuit which arose due to varying interpretations by both immigration lawyers and the USCIS. The difficulty on the USCIS part lies in the fact that in order to accomodate those who would qualify under the CSPA, they will technically have to reset the priority dates back to the earliest pending case (meaning it's priority date is still not current) filed under the F2B category which was eventually converted to the F1 category upon the naturalization of the parent. This is a humongous administrative task on their part to sort out that's why the USCIS would rather interpret the law the way it's convenient for them. Furthermore, I believe there is no clear guideline to accomplish this without getting into conflict with i.e. "sought to acquire" provisions.

Another scenario that would arise is this. Suppose I were an F2B beneficiary whose petition will become current next month on Sept. 7, 2009. If the USCIS decides to reset the priority date based for example on the priority date of the earliest known F2B cases whose parents naturalized but are still pending and valid for whatever reason, let's say for example back to Sept. 1, 2001. Then technically I would have to wait another 8yrs just because the USCIS interpreted the law in favor of the CSPA cases. This would spark another lawsuit coming from those with F2B cases that are only need to wait a short time before they can apply for the greencard. This is a complicated dilemna that I foresee happening under this category. A solution that would patch it is for Congress to create a separate category precisely to accomodate CSPA cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.