Fandango

Hot Plane Deals

53 posts in this topic

We almost always fly American via Chicago/Heathrow. The rates are pretty decent if you have Nashville as either the start or end point of the trip.

Gatwick is a LOT further from my fiance than Heathrow (45 mins as opposed to 10), so its not really worth saving myself a little on the fare only to have an hour and a half round trip for my fiance to pick me up.

SA4userbar.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always fly AA or BA because they are the only 2 that fly non-stop from Dallas to the UK. He's in the Southwest so none of the major airports are really anywhere near, so we just go to Gatwick to avoid layovers. Looking for flight for me to go over in May. It look as though peak season hits around the 15th or so. Anyone seen any deals for May?

Also as far as frequent flyer miles go - you may want to check points.com. Sometimes they do have some decent suggestions if your airline is listed on there.

Since I generally fly with AA, I'm a nut for the ff miles. I have all sorts of things linked to my AA account - even the electric bill - which in Texas, adds up quickly!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Filed: Timeline

Couple of great deals going on now with the charter flights...specially around the 28th of April. I'll get the link from D cos there was a flight for like 240 direct for 14 days Newcy to Orlando Sanford. Time restraints make it impossible, but for those who can jump around last minute...just start googling

Edited by LisaD

• 2 weeks later...

So here are some ridiculous fares...I'm sure taxes and whatnot bump them up quite a bit, but still worth looking into for all those UK-Orlando couples...

http://www.charterflights.co.uk/sabs/searc...0&infants=0

69 quid!!!!!! #######? If any of you actually call to make an enquiry, let us know how much it finally works out to. D cannot come right now :cry:

So here are some ridiculous fares...I'm sure taxes and whatnot bump them up quite a bit, but still worth looking into for all those UK-Orlando couples...

69 quid!!!!!! #######? If any of you actually call to make an enquiry, let us know how much it finally works out to. D cannot come right now :cry:

GEEZ - wish we could find one for a price like that. Never really looked into charters before in all honesty. Just assumed they'd be ridiculous expensive. Have to check them out though.

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

GEEZ - wish we could find one for a price like that. Never really looked into charters before in all honesty. Just assumed they'd be ridiculous expensive. Have to check them out though.

While I can't speak for all charter flights, the ones to Orlando Sanford are wonderful! D lives in the NE so it's impossible to get a direct flight on a major carrier. It's either Teeside-Amsterdam-Detroit-OrlandoMCO or go down to Manchester. And then of course with Manc, you have the fees of driving there, parking the car for two weeks, then I worry that he's got to drive home after a long flight. And all the major airlines go into Orlando MCO which is practically a city in itself. But that's how we've always done it up until his last flight here.

Last flight here was through a charter...only bad thing is that the luggage allowance is pitiful. The charter flew into Orlando Sanford which is a) much closer to me and wayyy easier to get to b ) wayyy smaller and c ) according to D, wayyy more organized and easier/faster to clear immigration.

And now the charters have started doing direct from Newcastle, which is a metro ride away. It's so fantastic now for all our friends and family who are going to be visiting.

Crappy thing is, there's no option like that going Orlando-Newcastle :( Ahh but one can hope!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This reminds me of something my Dad told me at the weekend on the phone. He said he knew someone who had a charter flight to Cancun and the conditions were appalling. No leg room (they had to take it in turns to walk up and down the aisle to stretch their legs), delays before taking off as scheduled flights take precedence at airports, and the food left alot to be desired plus the baggage allowance was pitiful.

I guess it depends which charter carrier you go with. Lisa's D is very lucky that his is so excellent, I just wish they were all like that!

Hey I'm too lazy to go back and read this whole thread to see if this has been posted yet.............but........... If anyone is interested, Aer Lingus has some deals going on and also added direct flights to more cities in the US. Washington DC, Orlando, and San Francisco to Dublin.

Check out their site.

Baileyj96

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.