featherB

Silly NVC Question

7 posts in this topic

We emailed the NVC a few days ago asking to be told when they receive our file, when they send it on to London, and to be told our new case number when they get it. Just got this response:

(Subject: CASE # LNDXXXXXXXXXX)Dear Sir,

Once the approved 129F petition filed for a fiancé of a US citizen is received at the National Visa Center it is processed in approximately 2-4 weeks and forwarded to the appropriate US Embassy/Consulate General. The Embassy/Consulate General may or may not request additional information before interviewing the applicant for a K1 non-immigrant visa.

Regards,

National Visa Center

Hmm... so, that means they've received it, right? They wouldn't allocate a new case number before the file had got to the NVC, would they? The email itself just sounds like some vague 'FYI' type response, with no mention of actually having our file - but I'm guessing the fact that they've put the new case number in the subject line means that they must have done? I've been looking through this forum and can only see emails people have received confirming that their files have been, or will shortly be, sent on to the Consulate...

Oooohh, I'm so tempted to call. But I'm merely the beneficiary, they probably wouldn't talk to me!

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Fantastic question. I'm wondering the same thing.

:)

Met online February 2006

Went to England on working visa June 2006

Sent off I-129F October 2006 <3 <3 <3

In England until visa expired December 2006

We leave England for a stateside Christmas December 17, 2006

Karl goes back to the UK January 7, 2007

I make a scene at the airport January 7, 2007

I head back to the UK to wait it out with him February 9, 2007

K-1 Journey

10-20-2006 Mailed I-129F

10-31-2006 NOA1

01-29-2007 NOA2 via e-mail!! Woo Hoo

01-30-2007 Touch

02-02-2007 NOA2 via snail mail

02-06-2007 NVC received case

02-07-2007 NVC fowarded case on to London

02-16-2007 Packet 3 received

02-19-2007 Packet 3 mailed out

02-21-2007 Packet 3 received at Embassy

03-01-2007 Packet 4 received

03-02-2007 Karl's medical

03-30-2007 Interview - Approved!!

05-01-2007 - Flying home to Chicago

My posts are purely opinion and should not be taken as legal advice... obviously :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmm... When I inquired about my approved petition, I called and emailed them. They emailed me back in 2 business days (same day I finally got through to someone in person).

This is the message I got and my case was only at NVC for a day.

They assigned you a case number so they have record of your petition somewhere. Maybe they get an electronic transfer before they receive the hardcopy?

Good Afternoon,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your letter and has forwarded the petition to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General for further processing on January 12, 2007.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the assigned US Embassy or Consulate General.

The correct case number is shown above.

Regards,

National Visa Center

NKC

ETA: On thinking about it, they received your case but haven't finished processing it. They do some security checks there too and whatever else is involved in their processing. Perhaps the first thing they do is assign a case number.

Also, you can definitely call! I'm the beneficiary and I called and they were very very nice and helpful on the phone.

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you have been assigned an NVC case number that means they do have your file.. so you are good to go! Once they have assigned a case #, they'll do a quick review before sending it to London. Normally 1-2 weeks. You'll not get any updateds on the NVC automated phone system (applies only to K1-K3 visa's) so you'll have to call or e-mail the NVC to determine when the case was sent to London.

Good luck

08/06/06 - Married in India 3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_india_2fawm.gif

------------------------------------USCIS - CSS-----------------------------------------

09/09/06 - Submited I-130

09/19/06 - NOA1

11/27/06 - NOA2 - Approval

----------------------------------------NVC------------------------------------------------

12/07/06 - NVC Received and Case # Assigned

12/18/06 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032generated

12/19/06 - E-mail DS-3032 Choice of Agent to NVC

12/20/06 - AOS Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

12/22/06 - DS-3032 Choice of Agent Accepted (received e-mail conformation from NVC)

12/25/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated by NVC

01/03/07 - ASO Application generated by NVC

01/06/07 - IV Fee Bill Received (snail mail)

01/08/07 - IV Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

01/12/07 - ASO Application received (snail mail)

01/13/07 - ASO I864-EZ application sent to NVC priority mail (3 day delivery)

01/15/07 - DS230 Generated

01/18/07 - DS230 sent to NVC - overnight delivery by USPS

01/26/07 - DS230 finally received 11 days after it was generated.. can anyone say snail mail..

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE AT NVC

02/28/07 - Case left NVC

03/03/07 - Case received at Mumbai Embassy

05/22/07 - Medical Interview Breach Candy Mumbai

05/24/07 - Interview date at Mumbai consulate - APPROVED!

06/02/07 - Mumbai - Paris - Atlanta - Charlotte. Departs June 1st 4.45am EST Arrives June 2nd 4.12pm EST

07/10/07 - Received Conditional Greencard. Still waiting on the SSN

Thanks, Misa & Devbit! I was guessing that they wouldn't reply at all, let alone assign a case number, unless they'd actually received our file, but was also wondering why they didn't just say so. So I'm glad to hear that my guess was right, and that it must be there... and even gladder to hear that they might just speak to me if I call, even though I'm the non-USC. Hah... there's one out of the two of us who has the patience (or 'slightly uhealthy obsession with the exact status of our case at any given minute', whichever way you want to put it - I'm calling it patience, cos that sounds *much* better ;) ) to spend forever trying to get through to a real live human being at the NVC, and that person is not my lovely USC fiance! :lol:

Thanks again - it's getting exciting now that we're nearly nearly nearly on our way to London!

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Thanks, Misa & Devbit! I was guessing that they wouldn't reply at all, let alone assign a case number, unless they'd actually received our file, but was also wondering why they didn't just say so. So I'm glad to hear that my guess was right, and that it must be there... and even gladder to hear that they might just speak to me if I call, even though I'm the non-USC. Hah... there's one out of the two of us who has the patience (or 'slightly uhealthy obsession with the exact status of our case at any given minute', whichever way you want to put it - I'm calling it patience, cos that sounds *much* better ;) ) to spend forever trying to get through to a real live human being at the NVC, and that person is not my lovely USC fiance! :lol:

Thanks again - it's getting exciting now that we're nearly nearly nearly on our way to London!

I've always been lucky when calling the NVC and talking to a live person.. normally it's no more than 5 minutes. Best time to call them is mid-to-late in the week around 10-11am Eastern Standard Time or 3-4pm London time.

Good luck.

Edited by devblt

08/06/06 - Married in India 3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_india_2fawm.gif

------------------------------------USCIS - CSS-----------------------------------------

09/09/06 - Submited I-130

09/19/06 - NOA1

11/27/06 - NOA2 - Approval

----------------------------------------NVC------------------------------------------------

12/07/06 - NVC Received and Case # Assigned

12/18/06 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032generated

12/19/06 - E-mail DS-3032 Choice of Agent to NVC

12/20/06 - AOS Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

12/22/06 - DS-3032 Choice of Agent Accepted (received e-mail conformation from NVC)

12/25/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated by NVC

01/03/07 - ASO Application generated by NVC

01/06/07 - IV Fee Bill Received (snail mail)

01/08/07 - IV Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

01/12/07 - ASO Application received (snail mail)

01/13/07 - ASO I864-EZ application sent to NVC priority mail (3 day delivery)

01/15/07 - DS230 Generated

01/18/07 - DS230 sent to NVC - overnight delivery by USPS

01/26/07 - DS230 finally received 11 days after it was generated.. can anyone say snail mail..

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE AT NVC

02/28/07 - Case left NVC

03/03/07 - Case received at Mumbai Embassy

05/22/07 - Medical Interview Breach Candy Mumbai

05/24/07 - Interview date at Mumbai consulate - APPROVED!

06/02/07 - Mumbai - Paris - Atlanta - Charlotte. Departs June 1st 4.45am EST Arrives June 2nd 4.12pm EST

07/10/07 - Received Conditional Greencard. Still waiting on the SSN

I called their automated phone line, entered the CIS receipt # and got the NVC case # (this tells me they received it).

Then you get a message concerning the latest "action" on your petition.

Then I called the local Embassy and gave them the NVC case # and they gave me some additional information.

We emailed the NVC a few days ago asking to be told when they receive our file, when they send it on to London, and to be told our new case number when they get it. Just got this response:

(Subject: CASE # LNDXXXXXXXXXX)Dear Sir,

Once the approved 129F petition filed for a fiancé of a US citizen is received at the National Visa Center it is processed in approximately 2-4 weeks and forwarded to the appropriate US Embassy/Consulate General. The Embassy/Consulate General may or may not request additional information before interviewing the applicant for a K1 non-immigrant visa.

Regards,

National Visa Center

Hmm... so, that means they've received it, right? They wouldn't allocate a new case number before the file had got to the NVC, would they? The email itself just sounds like some vague 'FYI' type response, with no mention of actually having our file - but I'm guessing the fact that they've put the new case number in the subject line means that they must have done? I've been looking through this forum and can only see emails people have received confirming that their files have been, or will shortly be, sent on to the Consulate...

Oooohh, I'm so tempted to call. But I'm merely the beneficiary, they probably wouldn't talk to me!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.