andrea&roberto

HELP ME! ASAP!!!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ok, here's my situation. I think I may be a little confused. I had read, and to my understanding, that my husband needed State Police record for where he lived, IF he has lived there for more than 6 months, then only that state record was needed. He has lived at his current address for more than 3 years. So he has only obtained one state police record (Pernambuco) and one federal police record. Is this correct? Or does he need state police records for the other states that he has lived at in Brazil, even though he has lived at his current address for more than 3 years? (He has never lived out of Brazil.) If so, how does he get those records by Feb 9th, for his interview? He won't be able to travel to the states in which he resided in....So i'm very worried if we're wrong.

CLICK ---->Andrea & Roberto da Silva ~ April 26, 2006 Jaboatao, Brasil

View our Timeline HERE

ON VALENTINE'S DAY, I BROUGHT MY HUSBAND, ROBERTO, HOME! IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

He needs all the state police records from all States he has lived since he's 16 and 1 federal police record. I think in the State police case it's only states he has lived for more than 6 months, I'll double check.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Yes, police certificates from each state he lived since he's 16 for more than 6 months:

Page 5

So if he lived in other states (other than Pernambuco) he needs to go there and ask for the police certificates, becasue he needs to go himself , show ID, pay, etc. In my case for example I needed both SC and PR police certificates, so since I was living in SC at the time, I went to Curitiba to get my PR police certificate and I had my Godmother picking it up and sending to me by mail.

Edited by nessaandcharles

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

This is what it says on the directions:

IF the applicant AND THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from

-is living in their country of ...is 16 years old or older... ...the police authorities of that locality.

nationality at their current

residence for more than 6

months...

-lived in a different part of ...was 16 years or older at that time... ...the police authorities of that locality.

their country of nationality

for more than 6 months...

Ok, so my husband has lived at his CURRENT residence for 3 1/2 years. So does only the first one apply to him? OR He has lived 4 or 5 other places for more than 6 months, after he was 16 years old, so does the second apply to him also? How does he obtain state police records from those 4 or 5 states, in 9 days or less, and without traveling to those states??? Oh, somebody please screw my head back on, and give me a prozack. :wacko:

Edited by andrea&roberto

View our Timeline HERE

ON VALENTINE'S DAY, I BROUGHT MY HUSBAND, ROBERTO, HOME! IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

They both apply to him. He needs police records from anywhere he lived for more than 6 months. Figure out how to get those reports. If one of the states was São Paulo he can at least get that one online... my guess is he will go to the interview and get a 221(g) for those police reports.

Timeline

Don't panic. I remember I had to go there in person, but he can try to send someone he knows in every state he lived a copy of his RG/CPF autenticada em cartório, they can ask for the police certificate and mail back to him. Some states take a week, usually it's 7 work days. But you never know. If I were him I'd call every state police he has lived for over 6 months for the last 5 years and see what can be done, what's the fastest way and if someone can do that on his behalf so he doesn't need to go there in person.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

I read that link you gave.....it says the same thing I just posted..... If the applicant is living in their country of nationality at their CURRENT RESIDIENCE for MORE THAN 6 months...then the applicant needs a police certificate from the police authorities of that locality. Again, Roberto has lived at his current residence for more than 3 years.

Even though he has lived in 4 or 5 other states for MORE THAN 6 months; the next part says:

lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months....blah blah.

So this is my question. Does this really mean, (at least the way I understand it) "If the applicant is living in their country of nationality and HAS NOT been living at their CURRENT residence for more than 6 months, THEN...." he should get police certificates for every state that he has resided in for MORE THAN 6 months since the age of 16.

View our Timeline HERE

Timeline

Edit: he needs a police certificate from each state he has lived for over 6 months for the past 5 years.

PoliceCertificate.jpg

Edited by nessaandcharles

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline
Edit: he needs a police certificate from each state he has lived for over 6 months for the past 5 years.

PoliceCertificate.jpg

Well this does make things a little easier. He's lived in Pernambuco for the last 3 1/2 years (which he has already obtained his police certificate for) and then previous to that, but no more than 5 years ago, he lived in Curitiba, Para. So does he only need a state certificate for Para, and that's it? That takes him back 5 years. And if so, how does he obtain Para certificate without going there?

View our Timeline HERE

Timeline

Curitiba - Paraná, right? There's no other Curitiba in Pará State as far as I'm concerned (Pará and Paraná are 2 different states, btw). Well, if I were him I'd first call Paraná State police and ask them what are his options. In my case I had to go to Curitiba and ask for the police certificate myself, it took them over 2 weeks to get it done, and I wasn't waiting 2 weeks in Curitiba (I wasn't living there by the time) so I had someone picking it up for me and mailing to me. So I know it is possible to have someone else picking it up for him, I just don't know if it's possible to have someone else requesting it for him, I think they need his presence for that. So call and verify, because if it is possible to have someone else requesting, then maybe he can ask a friend to do that for him.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Good luck Andrea!!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

How do i find the info to call the Parana state police? And where/what source was the link from that says only 5 years back? ARe you absolutely sure that it is only 5 years back, and not until age 16?

View our Timeline HERE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Request the certificates asap, no matter how long it'll take. If he doesn't get them by the time of the interview, he'll get a 221(g) and you'll have to send it to the Consulate whenever you can.

I'll keep my fingers crossed... :thumbs:

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Timeline

What is a 221(g)? Will they not issue his visa until they recieve all police certificates? We can't "wait" in Rio very long. Really, what this is coming to is....Does he go back only 5 years, or until the age 16 or 18?

View our Timeline HERE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If everything else is right but he still needs to provide the certificates, they'll give him a green 221(g), which allows him to just mail them the certificates whenever he can... and they'll send him his visa once they receive the certificates.

If he needs to go back for a second interview (that was my case) they'll give him a white 221(g).

If all he needs is the police report from those states, it's more likely he'll get the green one since there's no need for him to go back to Rio just to give them those papers.

And in my opinion, he needs to request a police certificate for every state he has lived in for more than six months after his 16th bday. But that's open for discussion though.

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.