24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi,

Well, i just want to know about hiring LAWYERS for the visa process. How helpful it is. Anyone here who have particularly

hired the Holmes & Lolly Immigration Attorneys. How efficient they are and the firm's feedbacks in general about their quality of service. I would like to believe that they are really almost nothing but their job is to look over your papers and tell you to correct some blanks you mistakenly filled out. Not at all help to speed up the process. Could they also guide us or give us some tips for the interview. Also, i notice they are nice when you are inquiring about the process and letting you know the advantage of hiring of a firm or a lawyer to help you up. But it seems after awhile they would become less attentive to you (thats after you have hired them). Even when you have urgent matters to address.

I have read posts here complaining about their lawyers, different reasons, simply not helping at all sometimes a cause of delay for some like i read on post of orinai. We, who have hired lawyers would definitely expect some difference about this process, thats why they are there to help us just like whats on their ads. But i noticed that ever since we become member of this site and becoming one of the many who are on the same journey, I NEVER SAW OR READ any post saying they are THANKFUL that they hired lawyers(Or i must have missed them?). Or commending a law firm for the great help they did or for a good quality service they have rendered. And same thing no one ever recommended hiring lawyers because they think its a waste of money, just not making any difference if you do it yourself. All are negatives, why is that?

What do you think? Give me some thoughts please.

Marivic

In The USA

05/26/2007 EAD application sent

05/31/2007 Got NOA for (a)(6)

06/01/2007 Applied for SSN

06/02/2007 Wedding

06/14/2007 Received SSN card

06/20/2007 Mailed AOS/EAD Package

07/15/2007 AOS/EAD Package returned due to wrong amount written on the check

07/17/2007 Sent back the package again to Chicago

07/26/2007 Received EAD card (a) (6)

08/06/2007 Biometrics appointment letter received

08/24/2007 Biometrics Appointment

08/24/2007 Request for Initial Evidence (I-797 NOA on I-129)

08/25/2007 Document requested mailed to MSC

09/20/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered!

11/03/2007 Green Card Production Ordered!!!! wowowowow! No Interview

11/09/2007 Green card on hand

08/01/2009 Remove Conditions

GwP8.jpg.png

There have been many posts in this regard. Do some searching.

Bottom line is that if you know how to read the instructions on the form(s) and your case is not complicated, you can probably do it all yourself. I knew nothing about this process a year ago and had no problems negotiating my way on my own. Never even considered hiring an attorney. Everyone is different - you have to make that decision for yourself.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Marivic,

My fiancee and i met on a site called cherry blossoms. She lives in gen san. Anyway, the site also has visa support packages. I bought the premium support package, which is basically the package that handles everything for you. It costs a pretty penny but it takes the stress off us. Cherry blossoms have been doing this since 1974.

So far so good, they are good about answering all of your questions by phone or email. They told us exactly what to do, we got the noa1 and noa2 with no problem. They will also prepare my fiancee for her interview. So far we are very greatful.

Stach

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
This is very much a DIY community so the opinions will reflect that thinking

:thumbs: I agree!

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

Well, i just want to know about hiring LAWYERS for the visa process. How helpful it is. Anyone here who have particularly

hired the Holmes & Lolly Immigration Attorneys. How efficient they are and the firm's feedbacks in general about their quality of service. I would like to believe that they are really almost nothing but their job is to look over your papers and tell you to correct some blanks you mistakenly filled out. Not at all help to speed up the process. Could they also guide us or give us some tips for the interview. Also, i notice they are nice when you are inquiring about the process and letting you know the advantage of hiring of a firm or a lawyer to help you up. But it seems after awhile they would become less attentive to you (thats after you have hired them). Even when you have urgent matters to address.

I have read posts here complaining about their lawyers, different reasons, simply not helping at all sometimes a cause of delay for some like i read on post of orinai. We, who have hired lawyers would definitely expect some difference about this process, thats why they are there to help us just like whats on their ads. But i noticed that ever since we become member of this site and becoming one of the many who are on the same journey, I NEVER SAW OR READ any post saying they are THANKFUL that they hired lawyers(Or i must have missed them?). Or commending a law firm for the great help they did or for a good quality service they have rendered. And same thing no one ever recommended hiring lawyers because they think its a waste of money, just not making any difference if you do it yourself. All are negatives, why is that?

Marivic

According to your timeline you are awaiting the interview... why the lawyer questions now?

YMMV

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi,

Marivic

According to your timeline you are awaiting the interview... why the lawyer questions now?

Just curious about how people think about it cause i just read some posts about their lawyers and how not worthy it is .. thanks

Edited by Mike_Marivic

In The USA

05/26/2007 EAD application sent

05/31/2007 Got NOA for (a)(6)

06/01/2007 Applied for SSN

06/02/2007 Wedding

06/14/2007 Received SSN card

06/20/2007 Mailed AOS/EAD Package

07/15/2007 AOS/EAD Package returned due to wrong amount written on the check

07/17/2007 Sent back the package again to Chicago

07/26/2007 Received EAD card (a) (6)

08/06/2007 Biometrics appointment letter received

08/24/2007 Biometrics Appointment

08/24/2007 Request for Initial Evidence (I-797 NOA on I-129)

08/25/2007 Document requested mailed to MSC

09/20/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered!

11/03/2007 Green Card Production Ordered!!!! wowowowow! No Interview

11/09/2007 Green card on hand

08/01/2009 Remove Conditions

GwP8.jpg.png

I hired Holmes & Lolly, they seem to know what they are doing and they have a contact person in the other country to work with fiancee. Good part about them is that there's no worrying on your part.

Hi,

Marivic

I hired Holmes & Lolly, they seem to know what they are doing and they have a contact person in the other country to work with fiancee. Good part about them is that there's no worrying on your part.

Hi,

Marivic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

There's no need to hire a lawyer. Anyone who takes the time to read everything thoroughly should be able to fill out all the forms. USCIS does a good job of explaining what's needed. Take the time to read the forms, double and triple check and then triple check again and you'll be fine.

There's no need to hire a lawyer. Anyone who takes the time to read everything thoroughly should be able to fill out all the forms. USCIS does a good job of explaining what's needed. Take the time to read the forms, double and triple check and then triple check again and you'll be fine.

If you look at her timeline you will notice that she is waiting on her interview date. She was just being curious. While not hiring someone to prepare everything is ok for some, it's not ok for all. Everyone is different. Some people feel better to hire people who specialize in preparing the forms, especially if they have been doing it for years and have a 100% success rate. For those who do it themselves and get no RFEs, that's great :thumbs: You're probably smarter than me.

If you look at her timeline you will notice that she is waiting on her interview date. She was just being curious. While not hiring someone to prepare everything is ok for some, it's not ok for all. Everyone is different. Some people feel better to hire people who specialize in preparing the forms, especially if they have been doing it for years and have a 100% success rate. For those who do it themselves and get no RFEs, that's great :thumbs: You're probably smarter than me.

I got an RFE even WITH a lawyer - worthless, worthless worthless. I wouldn't recommend one unless a case is very complicated. I hired a lawyer before I knew of this site, however. I never would have had I come here first.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

I was just going to post that link here - perfect case in point.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

The company I hired arent even lawyers. It's just a company that specializes in processing visas. That's why in my post I used the word people, not lawyers. However, I researched the company first and was more than impressed with their statistics. The money back guarantee was also reassuring.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.