patiently_waiting

Sleepless on Sat night/Sun morning

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So here it is, technically Sunday morning, and I can't sleep. I can't stop thinking about Rida and missing him. Thinking what it will be like when he finally gets here. Trying to figure out some way to go visit. So many thoughts that just won't stop. Did, or do, any of you go through this too? I have so many sleepless nights over this and it is driving me crazy! Any suggestions? Already tried antihistamines...but they aren't helping. :(

Mona

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I'm thinking about it more and more as time for the interview part of the process grows closer. I've made a lot of changes already to prepare for living with a husband again, but they are exciting changes. What you have to do is ask God for strength and let it go. We've been together for nearly 6 years and our second marriage anniversary is in two weeks, so it's been a long haul. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, is what I remind myself. I'm only thinking of good times! I only get down if he gets down, and I'm doing what I can to avoid that happening. If you'd like some tips on long distance relationships, pm me, and I'd be happy to point you to some.

Take care and chin up!

Edited by Green-eyed girl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi patiently waiting,

yes yes yes.....i haven't had a good night's sleep in a week (since i got back from jordan) and before that since september my first visit to Jordan. I miss my fiance so much and the first few days back from being with him is always hard.

My last trip there we made some videos with his camera phone of us laughing and talking and so I watch them everynight - it helps. Then also we have a "date night" each week where thursday nights he stays up most of the night with me online and we have tea and snacks via webcam and microphone. Daily phone calls too.

Cheer up sweetie you're not alone in this and the good news is Morocco is pretty decent with getting interview dates out, not like the 10 month wait from Amman. Just think this summer you'll be on the beach together watching the sunset....can you see it :star:

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

All the days are very hard, have you tried the yahoo conference, with the cam and the talking its about as close to being there as you can get (and cheaper)

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

I can hear you...

The only thing that's holding me from being with my husband is my school in Germany- and it's only another 3 months... but loooong three months those are.

When I returned from Seattle after Christmas, it took me a week to get back to normal, I just felt like half of me was missing.

Now, back in daily life, it's gotten better- being busy helps a lot.

However, usually on the weekends I have moments like the ones you described- and what (sometimes) helps a little is the combination of:

lavender oil (calms the nerves and makes tired)

thinking of something specific in great detail. We have our wedding reception to prepare for this summer and I think about it and plan it in every detail- the location, how we'll set up things, the food we'll offer, the favors- every little thing.

Usually this gives me something to look forward to and in combination with the lavender oil I fall asleep with a better mood sooner than later.

Hope you'll have a quick journey!

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

my fiance and i are going through the same problem. he's been sick and went to the doctor. the doctor told him to get more sleep and my fiance can't sleep because he closes his eyes and thinks about me all night.

i sleep but i don't sleep deeply because i dream about him. i think about him all day. its awful....

i hope i can make it these six months (minimum) apart. i really don't know how to handle it either. :(

yoga, stretching, trying to relax might help. keeping yourself busy. but during sleep.... thats tough. you don't want to rely on meds to make you sleep. i wish i had more help for you.

i lie awake thinking about what it will be like when abdelilah gets here. will he adjust okay. will my family and friends accept him. will he like them. will his english improve fast. will his university be accredited so he can get a good job in his field. i stressssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

I'm not saying, I don't get what you're saying, PatientlyWaiting! I get it very very very well!

I had to wait just 7 month for divorce to be final! Then wait to go back and get married to Mohamed. Then wait for papers to travel back and forth, so I could file. Now I'm waiting for AP or whatever and nothing can be done at this point! I've consulted with a lawyer, nothing he can do or anybody right now! I've complained to any place I could find out about regarding this K-3 shoved back to US almost a year ago!

It's been 19 months since I've filed! :( :( I can't even dream of my husband - can't sleep either and then I can't get up to go to work. Can't chat - once in 3 months maybe. Phone calls? Once a week. So, if you compare.... but I know you wouldn't want to compare this sh... with your waiting period. Hope you'll get thru it fast and hang in there! It's going to happen sooner or later, hope sooner than later.

It doesn't get any easier, you just get used to it and find some distractions. I haven't had a good night sleep even since I've met him and that's 33 months! I can only sleep next to him! Find distractions! Work on your paperwork since you didn't file yet and try to address all red flags before filing!!!

And then back to waiting,sweetie. We're in the same boat. Work on your papers real good and hope for the best, but be prepared! Hope you have a better visa journey, then me!

(((hugs)))

Tanya

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Timeline

sorry, you're already filed. I edited, but didn't delete something - didn't notice it.

T

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think that's partly why I agreed to do some consulting work here. When my kids are at their dads for the weekend I just sit and mope. This way my mind is off of it.

I almost posted that exact same post about not being able to sleep last night. When it's real bad I take a tylenol pm but then it's hell trying to get up the next morning. I have an old turtleneck of his that he gave me which hadn't been washed after he wore it three times and I put a pillow inside of it and that is how I sleep.

I also pray myself to sleep. When I'm ready, I lay down snuggling the smelly turtleneck-pillow and text him goodnight and then he texts me back goodnight and then I try to sleep.

I've also stopped having caffeine after 3pm thinking that might help but it does absolutely nothing. :(

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
I've also stopped having caffeine after 3pm thinking that might help but it does absolutely nothing. :(

How much caffeine do you drink during the day? Maybe it's enough that stopping at 3 isn't making a difference??

I know some people are more affected by it than others.

I have yet to have the problem that all of you are having, but reading this thread I am dreading it.

It's nice that you are all sharing ways to get through though. (F)

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Timeline

How much caffeine do you drink during the day? Maybe it's enough that stopping at 3 isn't making a difference??

I know some people are more affected by it than others.

I have yet to have the problem that all of you are having, but reading this thread I am dreading it.

It's nice that you are all sharing ways to get through though. (F)

I never ever had this problem before I went to Cairo.

I have one large coffee in the morning and then a diet coke with lunch. I used to have two or three diet cokes throughout the day but I limited it now, though since it's not helping I may go back to it.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have one large coffee in the morning and then a diet coke with lunch. I used to have two or three diet cokes throughout the day but I limited it now, though since it's not helping I may go back to it.

Can you have a caffeine free coke at lunch? Or you really feel you need the caf? What about caffeine free but not sugar free? At least you'd be getting the sugar from it.

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Timeline

Can you have a caffeine free coke at lunch? Or you really feel you need the caf? What about caffeine free but not sugar free? At least you'd be getting the sugar from it.

I definitely need the caffeine to get me through the day. Besides it's really not the issue. I'm tired enough to go to bed, but I just can't. I can't explain it but it just feels like something's missing. :(

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

Doodle, I thought only I was that crazy! :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to the club. I actually keep his clothes in a ziploc bag, so they still have his scent. But I do have "mohamed" pillow. I've never been like that! I never talked baby talk before I had my kids and was pretty down-to-earth at least in that.

My bedroom is the lonliest place in the house, my cats might come in, but then they leave. I don't sleep with pets - I have enough problems sleeping as it is. I just stare at the ceiling for good 30 minutes - and I'm so tired! Have to make myself turn the light off and get under the covers. Then I manage to turn it back on. That goes on and on sometimes for a while. The trick is to let myself believe that 'mohamed' pillow IS him and that I am hugging HIM. Then I can go to sleep! How crazy is that? I laugh at myself but this helps! Also I don't have coffee after 3 pm,know for sure it affects me. When I know I don't have to get up too early, I might take antihistamine - that gives me a headacke in the morning, but helps me have at least some kind of sleep.

Now I just called him and told about the lawyer, that nothing can be done! I don't know if he's crying, but he's not talking. We had longest pauses on the phone and he sounded crashed! I had to tell him something - he's been asking me to get a lawyer for a long time and made me promise to get one this week!

Met online - May 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.