meggy91224

Does the embassy know if the beneficiary has applied for a visa in another country?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Please be more specific.

Did he apply for a US visitor visa at another US embassy?

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Very possible in these days of increased international travel vigilance.

Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to General Immigration-Related Discussion Forum~

~Inquiry about visitor visa applications~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My fiance applied for a visitor's visa in another country before. Does the US embassy have these records or are they only in that country?

What are you worried about? Did your fiance apply for a visa to Iran, Cuba or North Korea? Otherwise, yes, they would know.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

You know that's a good question. My aunt didn't want to apply for a US visa because she was denied for an EU visa and she assumed that the US embassy would know. I know the US exchanges info with other countries, like the ones on VWP, but that I'm aware of that's like lost/stolen passports and stuff, I have no idea about visa applications, but my guess is that they don't. In any case if you are concerned about this, it shouldn't have a negative effect on your fiance's visa decision.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: Timeline

US doesnt care about the refusals of other countries. In the application form they never ask you have you ever been refused a visa to another country. they just care about refusal of US visas before and not any other countries. In Schengen visa they never ask you for any refusals at all. UK and Ireland ask for refusals with any other countries.

The only way that US could know that you have been refused a visa or applied for visa before is whats stamped inside your passport only. If you have visa application received stamp or a stamp with a written reference number then this is a refusal otherwise you have a visa issued. USA never stamp your passport if you got refused but they keep your data and information because each time you apply for US Visa you submit your fingerprints. Each time you submit your fingerprint it pull up all your immigration history with USA. Usually the biometric data are shared to all US missions in the world and Customers and Border protection in USA. Usually US considers travel history to developed countries such as Canada , UK , Ireland , Schengen , Australia , New Zealand and Japan. If you got these visas before or travelled there then they will raise up your situation with them for sure.

Why wouldn't you be able to travel anymore? I assume you are talking about already having a tourist visa. As long as you can prove ties to your country, you can still travel to the US. It's true that entry may not be guaranteed, but it never is except for USC's.

That is why every time you travel here you have to carry proof of enough ties to your country to have the best chance of being allowed entry. A pending petition does put a lot more pressure at POE, but others get by without hardly being bothered.

You just have to be prepared and answer the CBPO's questions honestly.

that's great but what if you got the visa and couldn't travel anymore????

Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

Thanks Dude, but i'm talking about having a tourist visa for another country and not being able to travel for any reasons.....and now applying for K1 visa, would it be a problem or not??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.