J&D_anon

December filers....

858 posts in this topic

Just a few little ramblings...

Karin & Otto, I'm so excited for you guys. 3 days until your interview! :D I view your interview as a little preview to Paul's in a couple of weeks :) I even think I'm nervous for you! So, you have to let us all know how it goes!!!

So, lately I am just a mix of emotions... Some days I miss him so much that it just overwhelms me. On those days, it almost hurts worse to talk to him because hearing his voice just makes me close my eyes and imagine that he is right there beside me, and when I open them and he is not...sigh... But the last couple of days, I have just been so happy and ecstatic, knowing that the waiting is almost over. Our wedding rings came in over the weekend. It was so exciting, even though I'm not allowed to wear mine yet (sometimes I sneak and wear it at home when nobody is there) :P I keep them on my bedside table and they are the first thing I see in the morning. And in less than 2 months they will be on our fingers, and he will be my husband! Wow :D I can't wait. Oh, but I have to :P

Anyways, I wanted to thank everybody on VJ again. It is so comforting to know that others are going through the same things that we are.

Okay, my rambling is done :P

--Karoline

What interview? .....oh #######! (kidding) I (Otto) am kind of going nutz...did we do this? what about that? or these? Then switching to.. Oh..it's no problem... a breeze... :wacko: And my plan to win the lotto and fly to Frankfurt today/tomorrow didn't work out either...

You can count on a review/update... it better be a good one too.. :whistle:

So...just trying the ring on for size eh?... ;)

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Update on my case. Our petition was just approved this morning :dance: and P2 should be on its way. Thanks god. I was so depressed yesterday and suddenly everything changed after reading the k1 approval email from USCIS this morning. Thanks everyone's encouragement and information on this forum. I will keep you guys posted. Now the new waiting game began.

Have a nice day,

Jack :devil:

NOA 1 RECEIVED: 12/26/06

touched: 1/4/07

NOA 2 RECEIVED: 4/10/07

NVC RECEIVED: 4/23/07

PACKAGE 3: ?

PACKAGE 4: ?

INTERVIEW: ?

VISA: ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Update on my case. Our petition was just approved this morning :dance: and P2 should be on its way. Thanks god. I was so depressed yesterday and suddenly everything changed after reading the k1 approval email from USCIS this morning. Thanks everyone's encouragement and information on this forum. I will keep you guys posted. Now the new waiting game began.

Have a nice day,

Jack :devil:

Wohoooooo Congrats to you!!! :):dance:

Diana

Timeline

And thanks for the hug Karoline...giving you a big one right back :)

my birthday is may 17th.....so I hope, that I can catch the plane at the 16th....but like I said....wish thinking

Hope dies last, right??

And thanks for the compliment....sad thing...John likes just very few pictures of us....*sigh* and I love actually all of them.

I guess that's a women thing ;)

Diana

Timeline

To cajack: Congratulations! It is SUCH a relief isn't it? :D

Diana, you give great hugs! ;) You never know, you just might make it :D I'm sure you are pretty close to having everything you need for packets 3 & 4 so you will be ready to go. Frankfurt is really fast about getting the packets out to you, and maybe they'll have a quick interview date available and you will make it by your birthday!!! Paul is flying here on May 14th, so who knows maybe you'll end up on the same plane as him! :P Now that would be funny! He's actually flying through JFK because we want him to try to get the work authorization, and I am flying to JFK that same day myself. He couldn't get a flight to Houston the same day, and there was no way I was going to have him spending a night anywhere in the US without me being there too. :P

Best wishes!!!

Karoline

1996: Paul and I met in Germany

10.18.06: We got engaged! :D

12.05.06: NOA1 for I-129F

05.04.07: Interview-- Visa Approved!!!!

05.09.07: Visa Received!!!!

05.14.07: Paul is home!!!!

06.08.07: Wedding!!!! We're married, we're married! Woohoo!

06.21.07: Sent AOS, AP, and EAD applications to USCIS

06.23.07: AOS package received in Chicago

06.28.07: NOA for AOS, AP, and EAD

07.10.07: Received notice for biometrics appointment

08.02.07: Biometrics Appointment

09.20.07: AOS interview

11.15.07: Green Card received

11.05.09: Removal of Conditions package sent to VSC

11.09.09: Package received at VSC

11.12.09: Check cashed

for those who didn't get the joke: http://cache.cinemanow.com/images/boxart/175/blacula_175.jpg :)

Diana

I got the joke... :thumbs:

By the way Diana...I'm getting a kind of SpongeBobby feeling today.... it feels like a 'certain couple' is going to get some good news.... :whistle: (John just needs to call a certain place.... that's the feeling...- ok, it's more of a hope, but it feels right today..)

~Otto

Timeline
What interview? .....oh #######! (kidding) I (Otto) am kind of going nutz...did we do this? what about that? or these? Then switching to.. Oh..it's no problem... a breeze... :wacko: And my plan to win the lotto and fly to Frankfurt today/tomorrow didn't work out either...

You can count on a review/update... it better be a good one too.. :whistle:

So...just trying the ring on for size eh?... ;)

You make me laugh :D Yeah, I can only imagine what a frazzled mess I will be 3 days before the interview. :wacko: And, the lotto didn't work for you either??? We should start some kind of charity for people going through this and who would like to be with their fiance(e) for the interview. :P And it will absolutely be a good review!!! I'm sure it will be a breeze for you and Karin! How is she holding up? Hey, if they need more proof you can always have them log in on VJ and we will all vouch for you ;)

Yes, and the ring...well, you know, I just have to make sure my finger hasn't changed size overnight... I'm not actually "wearing it" just you know trying it on for a couple of hours :whistle:

Good luck!!!!

Karoline

1996: Paul and I met in Germany

10.18.06: We got engaged! :D

12.05.06: NOA1 for I-129F

05.04.07: Interview-- Visa Approved!!!!

05.09.07: Visa Received!!!!

05.14.07: Paul is home!!!!

06.08.07: Wedding!!!! We're married, we're married! Woohoo!

06.21.07: Sent AOS, AP, and EAD applications to USCIS

06.23.07: AOS package received in Chicago

06.28.07: NOA for AOS, AP, and EAD

07.10.07: Received notice for biometrics appointment

08.02.07: Biometrics Appointment

09.20.07: AOS interview

11.15.07: Green Card received

11.05.09: Removal of Conditions package sent to VSC

11.09.09: Package received at VSC

11.12.09: Check cashed

Timeline
for those who didn't get the joke: http://cache.cinemanow.com/images/boxart/175/blacula_175.jpg :)

Diana

By the way Diana...I'm getting a kind of SpongeBobby feeling today.... it feels like a 'certain couple' is going to get some good news.... :whistle: (John just needs to call a certain place.... that's the feeling...- ok, it's more of a hope, but it feels right today..)

~Otto

We already called today.

"There is no record of your case number."

- John

Diana

~Otto

We already called today.

- John

#######? What did they suggest you do (if anything)? Did you get the physical NOA2 in the mail?

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

Diana

~Otto

We already called today.

- John

#######? What did they suggest you do (if anything)? Did you get the physical NOA2 in the mail?

Yes, we have the physical NOA2 for a long time now actually. And hmmmm....they suggested nothing, because we didn't talk to a person yet. When we wanted to, the machine kicked us out of the line, because they were soooooooooooo busy! :(

Diana

Oh ! Well the automated phone system at NVC does not have information on K1s. They're not at NVC long enough.

Call back either early in the morning or late at night (midnight EST) and get a human on the phone. You've probably already been sent to the consulate.

In fact, you could try calling the State Dept and see if the embassy has you on the system yet. I did this on Thursday.

Call 202 663 1225 (then press 1,0,0 to talk to someone).

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

D&J

John - keep trying - I bugged the system like I was trying to be the 10th caller - finally got through (on a Tuesday) and got the (as you know) "Oh yes..we got it, last week and sent it off already" ... (now..if it wasn't a Spongebobby feeling...wonder what it was...? :help: )

Timeline
Oh ! Well the automated phone system at NVC does not have information on K1s. They're not at NVC long enough.

Call back either early in the morning or late at night (midnight EST) and get a human on the phone. You've probably already been sent to the consulate.

HOPE HOPE HOPE....lol

That's what I call the light at the end of the tunnel....that would be AMAZING :D

I'd call the State Dept at this point (see above) - surely you've flown out of NVC by now, so I bet the embassy has you on their system already. I wouldn't even mess w/ NVC, unless State Dept doesn't see your case yet.

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.