SherylTom0905

CRBA Philippines

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please keep this post as I feel being in the Philippines section will give me the best advice . I am about to send off the CRBA to the Philippines . Just want to go over what I have in it . Let me know if you think something is missing or I should take something out . We have a friend going to the Philippines and she will give it to my wife to use LBC to mail to the embassy . My wife will be doing the CRBA by herself .

First is mailing it in that way OK ? It is over $100 to mail using DHL or UPS .

Here is what I have

Checklist (does it matter who signs it ?)

All Fees

All Photos

DS-2029

DS-3053

DS-11

(can I have these notarized in the USA or do they need to be done in the Philippines at the embassy ?)

PROOF OF IDENTITY AND PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP

Child's NSO birth certificate

US father's notarized copy of passport

Mother's bio page passport copy

PHYSICAL PRESENCE/RESIDENCE IN THE UNTIED STATES

Bill , tax returns , paystubs , and w2's 2009 to 2014

BLOOD RELATIONSHIP

Parental Records

Ultrasound reports

Baby book

Evidence of Couples Presence at Location of Conception

Passport Stamps

Photo's Together w Date and Time Stamps

Evidence of Couples Relationship Prior To Conception

Phone Records

Skype Chats

Facebook Chat & Posts

Photo's Together Before Conception

I also have photo's of the baby from birth to 2 months , baby with my baby pictures together (looks just like me) , baby with pictures of my first daughter (looks just like her too) , pictures of my wife pregnant from 1st to 9th month , and pictures of the baby with the mother .

Everything looks good. How about a marriage certificate? Divorce/annulment papers? Be prepared for DNA testing if you do not have any of these.

By the way, I suggest you apply for a passport after crba approval. Fees are non-refundable in case it gets denied.

I had my son's CRBA interview last August 7 and was approved after two weeks. I had a delay because I needed to submit my old passports with immigration stamps to prove my physical presence in the US. They didn't bother to look at my 1040s, w2 and pay stubs. Certificate of Naturalization will not work. They need to see a concrete evidence of your physical presence in the US.

Edited by rawkus212

You will also need to fill this out if you will not be present at the time of the interview:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/pdfs/DS-5507_Jan2013.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just some of my experience:

I wasn't married to my son's Mom at the time of the interview so not sure lack of marriage mandates a DNA test. I did not need one. I was in Manila for the interview with my son and my fiancée who was also processing her K1 at the time. Luckily the CRBA and K1 interviews were a day apart.

I also applied for passport at the same time because I was planning on departing soon after. I had everything I needed in hand within 3 weeks. I was staying in Cebu at the time with mom and the passport came from the US to the embassy in Manila where it was reviewed for accuracy then it was shipped to our door step in Cebu.

if only one parent will represent the child.. DS 5507 is needed - Affidavit of Parentage Support from you.

DS 11 will be filled up by your wife, it can be handwritten.. and sign it in front of the consul..

All DS forms that needs a seal should be done there by a US commissioned notary not here in the Philippines.

Notary for each costs $10.

Naturalization photocopy with US commissioned notary, if naturalized.. If USC by birth then your passport with notary is enough.

Be sure to print out the first page to last page of your passport booklet.

Marriage contract if married, Previous Divorce Decrees and or Annulment papers are needed too.

Pictures of child from new born to current.

CRBA fee total of $205 including passport..will be paid on the day of interview.

If you are married before the time of conception then you have no worries for DNA testing..and have a strong proof on hand

to prove your relationship with the mother.

We are in the process of CRBA too,just waiting for our DNA to be done.

Good luck..

MY TIMELINE K1/K2 VISA

04/07/2014 : NOA 2

04/22/2014 : NVC w/ MNL case number

07/30/2014 : Medicals SLEC w/ (2)K2

08/04/2014 : My Psych Evaluation Schedule (due to my Annulment)

08/07/2014 : Psych Interview Passed (received a call from SLEC)

08/08/2014 : My Immunization

08/15/2014 : Pending approved due to CRBA and NBI

09/05/2014 : Applied for CRBA

11/12/2014 : CRBA approved

12/04/2014 : Visa Issued

12/16/2014 : POE-SFO

12/26/2014 : Married

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS W/ MY K2

03/09/2015 : Packet Sent thru USPS

03/12/2015 : Packet delivered CHICAGO lockbox

04/07/2015: : Done w/ biometrics (early walk-in)

04/13/2015: : Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

05/21/2015 : EAD/AP Approved

05/22/2015 : EAD updated to "Card being ordered to be produced"

05/28/2015 : EAD card mailed to me

05/30/2015 : EAD/AP combo card and notice 1-797 received

Timeline

Everything looks good. How about a marriage certificate? Divorce/annulment papers? Be prepared for DNA testing if you do not have any of these.

By the way, I suggest you apply for a passport after crba approval. Fees are non-refundable in case it gets denied.

I had my son's CRBA interview last August 7 and was approved after two weeks. I had a delay because I needed to submit my old passports with immigration stamps to prove my physical presence in the US. They didn't bother to look at my 1040s, w2 and pay stubs. Certificate of Naturalization will not work. They need to see a concrete evidence of your physical presence in the US.

Oh yes we have that its just in the Philippines and my wife will include the copies to complete the CRBA . The passport we will have to do since my wife will only be in Manila for the month of October . We are also going to get the baby a Philippines passport since we heard it costs a lot less then the exit clearance . Also heard it was a pain to get it not sure how true it is . Thanks for the advice ...

Timeline

if only one parent will represent the child.. DS 5507 is needed - Affidavit of Parentage Support from you.

DS 11 will be filled up by your wife, it can be handwritten.. and sign it in front of the consul..

All DS forms that needs a seal should be done there by a US commissioned notary not here in the Philippines.

Naturalization photocopy with US commissioned notary, if naturalized.. If USC by birth then your passport with notary is enough.

Marriage contract if married, Previous Divorce Decrees and or Annulment papers are needed too.

CRBA fee total of $205 including passport..will be paid on the day of interview.

If you are married before the time of conception then you have no worries for DNA testing..and have a strong proof on hand

Good luck..

Yes the DS-5507 I will get that done as well at the notary . The divorce papers was something I did not know about . OK we will add them as well . Thanks for that .. OK strong proof I had printed out just a few pages of each type such as Skype Facebook and Viber chats and calls . Maybe about 8 pages in all prior to the conception only . The thing with Viber which is great that it is free , but the call logs at least for my Mac are horrible . So I screen printed from my phone which shows calls and text back and forth . I have a lot of pictures of our wedding , with friends while in the Philippines , and with family . All on my last visit before the baby . Guess it couldn't hurt to put some more in for the relationship proof . Just did not want to make it like our I-130 for USCIS .

You're good to go if you have everything I mentioned above. Philippine passport should be easy to acquire.

When I received my son's crba and passport, there was a note from the embassy attached to it that I should also also secure the ECC (exit clearance) from the bureau of immigration at least 7 days prior to departure. Better be safe and i'm sure it shouldn't cost a lot to get an ECC.

Great. Just send it in via courier so you'll get a tracking number and wait for their email/appointment date for your child. I did DCF and filed I-130 for my wife and I feel ya'..they do cost a lot. Got approved in 69 days.

I have been through quite a few processes in the USCIS maze of paperwork and quite frankly, the CRBA was the easiest of all the processes. I know you can't be there but they have made the order of business so easy. Once they receive your packet they will set the appointment and then notify you of the documentation that you are missing.

Once I got to the embassy I only had to show them the birth certificate from the NSO and my passport. They asked to see the baby and we were issued the U.S. passport within six days. He told me at the embassy it generally takes two weeks but that they were processing them in one week. We talked more about baseball than the damn application process.

My appointment was at 9:30 and I was out of there by 11:30

journey.jpg

• 3 years later...
On 9/20/2014 at 8:33 AM, hon08 said:

Good luck..

How about the ds 2029 does it needs to be notarize in US if USC cannot come diri g interview?

46 minutes ago, Steila said:

How about the ds 2029 does it needs to be notarize in US if USC cannot come diri g interview?

Yes, it will need to be notarized in the USA if the USC can not come to the Philippines.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Steila said:

Do read and follow the CRBA checklist completely.   (yes on the notary as cyberfx states)

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2017/01/CITIZENSHIP-CRBA-Checklist-2017-January.pdf?_ga=2.96353311.2096082229.1510079585-768407731.1509894976

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/crba/?_ga=2.159307705.2096082229.1510079585-768407731.1509894976

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
On November 7, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Steila said:

Yes it needs to be notarized.

MY TIMELINE K1/K2 VISA

04/07/2014 : NOA 2

04/22/2014 : NVC w/ MNL case number

07/30/2014 : Medicals SLEC w/ (2)K2

08/04/2014 : My Psych Evaluation Schedule (due to my Annulment)

08/07/2014 : Psych Interview Passed (received a call from SLEC)

08/08/2014 : My Immunization

08/15/2014 : Pending approved due to CRBA and NBI

09/05/2014 : Applied for CRBA

11/12/2014 : CRBA approved

12/04/2014 : Visa Issued

12/16/2014 : POE-SFO

12/26/2014 : Married

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS W/ MY K2

03/09/2015 : Packet Sent thru USPS

03/12/2015 : Packet delivered CHICAGO lockbox

04/07/2015: : Done w/ biometrics (early walk-in)

04/13/2015: : Status changed to "Case Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

05/21/2015 : EAD/AP Approved

05/22/2015 : EAD updated to "Card being ordered to be produced"

05/28/2015 : EAD card mailed to me

05/30/2015 : EAD/AP combo card and notice 1-797 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.