Valhalla

Finally an interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So.. it's been over a year since packet four was sent to the Embassy in London, and we just now get his interview date (medical was last March..) because of missing forms and them not relpying to emails.. yada-yada. So anyways, We're both thinking it's going to take ages again so we set up a trip.. and get his interview date for the day before he flies over. :unsure: Is this going to be a major issue? Can his visa get sent here by his parents and he can stay and we'll get married? Or does he have to go back and come back again with his visa? :huh: It's getting really stressing and he's concerned about work? When can he work; after we get married? Or do we have to fill out more forms before that happens to? Please hep us, we're both very lost and confused and he's stressing out about the interview that's in two weeks. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
So.. it's been over a year since packet four was sent to the Embassy in London, and we just now get his interview date (medical was last March..) because of missing forms and them not relpying to emails.. yada-yada. So anyways, We're both thinking it's going to take ages again so we set up a trip.. and get his interview date for the day before he flies over. :unsure: Is this going to be a major issue? Can his visa get sent here by his parents and he can stay and we'll get married? Or does he have to go back and come back again with his visa? :huh: It's getting really stressing and he's concerned about work? When can he work; after we get married? Or do we have to fill out more forms before that happens to? Please hep us, we're both very lost and confused and he's stressing out about the interview that's in two weeks. :(

Rebook his ticker for a few weeks later.

Allow 3 to 4 months after you get married for him to get his EAD which allows him to work.

You really should read the guides or at least have a consultation with an Immigartion Attorney so you understand the process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

He needs to be in the UK to receive his visa. Plus, he needs to use it at POE into the States so it can be activated and go onto the system.

Relax, after a year long wait I thought you would have been over the moon at getting an interview.

Um, if they grant him the visa at the interview, they'll take his passport. It will be messengered to him with the visa in it a few days later.

Not sure how he's going to be able to fly over to the states w/out his passport.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Um, if they grant him the visa at the interview, they'll take his passport. It will be messengered to him with the visa in it a few days later.

Not sure how he's going to be able to fly over to the states w/out his passport.

Excellent point! :thumbs:

Okay...this situation has taken for~ ever to get to this point! I am sorry for your hassel.

Honestly if it were me I'd push the ticket another few weeks out and then he can have time to pack, make arrangments to leave for good, and you can plan your wedding.

What is another few weeks in the whole scheme of things!? Plus it just seems safer this way!

It maybe an extra hundred dollars or something. But the peice of mind would be worth a thousand.

Good luck!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Wow thats a long time to have to wait, I understand its a hassle but you will have to wait longer. He cant go over, he has to go to the appointment and you'll just have to push back the flights till he can come over with the visa, then he can stay! And with the work thing (the EAD) it does take a while and you'll have to file for it with or after the adjustment of status form within 90 days of him getting there.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I concur with the above.

We received the Visa the next day by courier. But I would not count on it being that quick.

If I may make a suggestion. Get legally married immediately and file for AOS with EAD being filed concurrently. If you can book the tickets via JFK in New York. This way he will receive the "Work Authorized" stamp on his I-94. This way once he gets the Social Security number, he can start work.

There are so many other things we would have done differently (hindsight is 20/20).

if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

John

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your inputs, I really appreciate them. I'm sorry I'm not very certian of fourms and completelyed missed the "Please read the Guides" Smiley.. Doh'. It's basically all waiting for the 7th now before doing anything to move forward, now I'm off to study the guides. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.