kthruelsen

What do we put down for "address of filing location" in the Fiance Letter of Intent?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey there guys,

Almost got the whole packet done but I have a question about the Fiance Letter of Intent. In the sample provided by visajourney.com, there is an area where I need to annotate the "address of filing location".

Is this the address of the lockbox facility that will process the packet or is it something different?

I have attached a copy of the sample so you can see what I mean.

Many thanks!

~Kevin

Fiance Letter of Intent - Visajourney Sample.doc

Timeline

Sorry guys this sounds like a stupid question but I am just trying to get all the paperwork in order. My fiance is trying to mail out her signed documents today and I am trying to determine
whether or not we copy the first part of the Fiance-Letter-of-Intent sample or the second one after the "submitting for an interview" part.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,

~Kevin

P.S. I will attach a copy of the letter of intent sample so you can see what I am talking about.

Fiance Letter of Intent - Visajourney Sample.doc

Edited by kthruelsen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello!!! If you are just submitting the petition it is the first option, then once the petition is approved and you are already scheduling the interview the US citizen can write another letter but this time for the consulate in your country and with a new date of course.

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It means that the sample form serves two purposes.

1. When you submit with the original K1 Packet that you are sending to Texas you will delete all of the embassy stuff from that form, fill in all your information and print it like that.

2. Once you receive a NOA2 you will send your fiance a packet of documents that she has to take to the interview with her. In this packet you will include the same fiance letter of intent example form filled out with your information and new dates certifying that you are still willing to marry her. When you are filling out the letter of intent form for the embassy you will delete all of the Texas service center stuff.

Hope that makes some sense.

Timeline

YES! Thanks a million guys you answered my question in one fell swoop. I was trying to get this guy figured out before she (the fiance) dropped the mailin the post box in Bogota.

Mission accomplished.

Timeline

Hey thanks a lot man, I missed that thread. Also thank you for all the prior information you have given me as this has not been the first time you have helped me out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline