imcoming

Processing lottery

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi we got sent our NOA1 from TSC at the start of July, and like everyone else i've been checking the processing times etc for Texas, which seems quite behind currently (processing Feb/March). However you read all this stuff and then see people who sent applications relatively recently getting approved quickly, like 3 months or so. So does anyone know if this processing time stuff actually means anything? Seems a bit of a lottery to me. Are the people processing quickly using lawyers?

Any thoughts appreciated, have started to feel the long distance pressure recently....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Many have a fiancé in the Philippines, and those folks are automatically expedited by USCIS due to a storm last year.

http://www.uscis.gov/news/uscis-extends-relief-measures-filipino-typhoon-victims

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I have read where people say K visa applicants from the philipines get priority but the link to the USCIS does not say anything about K visa's. When it specifies certain categories and not others then when it comes to the government they cannot give priority to that specified category and be in compliance with the authority stated. Also if they are getting priority why didn't this applicant http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=189061 get priority?

I saw several other applicants on VJ who are going through Manila consulate who are still waiting as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have had to wait almost 5 months for mine . I saw one the other day that was approved in 17 days . Why some are faster than others who knows I sure don't . Just be patient because inpatients will drive you nuts and cause problems in your relationship .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi we got sent our NOA1 from TSC at the start of July, and like everyone else i've been checking the processing times etc for Texas, which seems quite behind currently (processing Feb/March). However you read all this stuff and then see people who sent applications relatively recently getting approved quickly, like 3 months or so. So does anyone know if this processing time stuff actually means anything? Seems a bit of a lottery to me. Are the people processing quickly using lawyers?

Any thoughts appreciated, have started to feel the long distance pressure recently....

Texas is currently processing feb/March. Some April have been approved. All spring they were severely back logged. A bunch of April/may filers have been transferred (myself included). Texas does seem to be speeding up & my best guess for you (being a July filer) will be 5 months, as they seem to be getting back on track.

Lawyers don't make cases go through faster. They just help to better organize your file if you have a complicated case.

Best of luck to you:)

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

I have had to wait almost 5 months for mine . I saw one the other day that was approved in 17 days . Why some are faster than others who knows I sure don't . Just be patient because inpatients will drive you nuts and cause problems in your relationship .

Excellent advise, patient is all in this process

Without patience the relationship can down

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks everyone, yes indeed patience is paramount!

Have done a lot of long distance over the years, never gets any easier.

Great to have this community and everyone's support and advice.

Good luck, stay cool!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I sure hope they are processing March petitions because I file 26th to be exact. I miss my fiancé sooooo much it hurts to even go on this website sometime.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.