13 posts in this topic

Not sure if you have read my previous posts on how I was granted an expedite request on 8/15/14. I found out on Monday 8/18 because I was having trouble with the AOS payment. Mario answered my call (spanish side) and told me the great news about being expedited. He then told me not to make any payment nor send in the AOS docs because my case will be send out to the embassy in Dominican Republic. He told me to check at the end of the week to see if the case left. I called on Thursday. They said it was still awaiting "processing". I called all week that week, sometimes even twice a day. I keep getting, "you need to wait until they get to it and it gets processed, then it will be sent to the embassy." I keep asking how long is this process, what do you mean process it, didnt it get process it when a case number was assigned? The normal response is "no time frame" "it needs to be filed, you only received a case number, the case it self wasn't filed."

I'm sick and tired of no real response. I spoke to supervisor Octavio on Tuesday and he said he was emailing the dept who handles that. This morning I called to check on his follow up. Big lie! Spoke to Bruno and he said, Octavio only said that to calm me dow, he doesnt really follow up. GREAT! He told me that they are waiting for me to send in my documentation, so they can proceed. I protested, "but its an expedited case" He said that still, the embassy requires me to have all my docs in order to send my case out, that I can try emailing them and asking them to send my case to Dominican Rep that I will bring all my docs to the interview. Waaahhh?!?!?

I then called again spoke to Kyla. And she told me she didnt understand why I was told not to do anything when in fact my file says clearly that I need to send in all my paper work. I cried! I have had my AOS docs ready, was holding them because I was told to keep them. My friend, we requested expedite two weeks apart and she doesn't have to go through this. Her case was approved and shipped to the embassy.

I'm thinking, since I've called so much (spoke to Else twice in one day, she hung up on me) can they try to sabotage my case, "cause I seem annoying."

Who can I speak to about this? Any one higher than NVC? Im stressed out! Any help would be most welcomed! Thanks!

OMG! I totally hear you! I think that they have a picture of me on the wall so they can use it as target practice, lol. I call them almost everyday, and EVERYTIME I ended up with more questions than answers...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Lots of people that I know who went thru expedite process, once the embassy approves the expedite, NVC close the case and ask the beneficiary to go with the required documents to the interview.

NVC are notorious for giving conflicting answers. Supervisor Octavio is famous for been helpful, maybe you should call and request to speak with him AGAIN.

Have you tried to contact your embassy so they can be aware of the situation? Am so sorry for what you are going thru.

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures~~

They may be waiting for the embassy to also approve your expedite. Choose a supervisor and speak to only that one so that the information isn't so conflicting.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You need to do what they've now told you -- send the documents ASAP and get the case moving.

I AM! I SENT MY AOS OVERNIGHT FOR MONDAY MORNING DELIVERY.

OMG! I totally hear you! I think that they have a picture of me on the wall so they can use it as target practice, lol. I call them almost everyday, and EVERYTIME I ended up with more questions than answers...

LOL Can they really do that? Sabotage your case because we call so much?

Can any tell me what the criteria was to request for your case to be expedited?

My husband is a Haitian citizen and is living in DR and his visa is about to expire. We have financial troubles and dont have money to apply for a new one. Takes too long and so much money.

Lots of people that I know who went thru expedite process, once the embassy approves the expedite, NVC close the case and ask the beneficiary to go with the required documents to the interview.

NVC are notorious for giving conflicting answers. Supervisor Octavio is famous for been helpful, maybe you should call and request to speak with him AGAIN.

Have you tried to contact your embassy so they can be aware of the situation? Am so sorry for what you are going thru.

YES!!!!! I know someone from my same embassy who didnt have to do all this and her case got sent out right away. I understand it varies by case but I wanna know why my case has to go through all that. What is so different about my case. They can't answer that and hang up on me when I question them.

I emailed EVERYBODY and their mother about it. My embassy told me it was approved. Mario at NVC without me asking volunteer the info that my expedite was approved. So I dont know what's their deal.

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures~~

They may be waiting for the embassy to also approve your expedite. Choose a supervisor and speak to only that one so that the information isn't so conflicting.

Good idea. I will do that. I sent my expedite a month ago and it was approved. the embassy in DR told me, I have an email confirming (I emailed them to ask if it was approved and they replied) and one of their reps told me I was expedited. They in fact confirm that I am expedited. If I wasn't then it is a cruel joke they are pulling.

Can any tell me what the criteria was to request for your case to be expedited?

My reason to request expedite was because NVC received documents from me and didn't processed them. Because of not processing them, I was push back for months! I have my proof that they received the documents ( I always send my documents through certified mail ). Months after them receiving my documents, I got a letter requesting the same documents again.

You realize he would just interview in the other country you wouldn't have to apply for a whole new US visa right?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hey Livelyjo,

My case was approved to be expedited through the embassy in Nicaragua.

While I was waiting for the NVC to send me an approved or denied email about my expedite, I called the NVC and asked if I should keep my documents or if I should send them in. The lady I spoke to (dont remember her name), told me that I should send them right away. I followed her advice and overnighted them (AOS and IV packages).

They got the documents, and told me they had scanned them a couple of days after they received them.

After a few more days, I got an email saying my expedite was approved. I was so happy to hear this, and thought the worst was over...

For some reason I was uneasy about my papers, so I called to make sure that they would send my packages along with my case file to the embassy. The rep that I spoke to that night, told me that I SHOULDN'T have sent ANY papers because that was going to delay my expedite. Now I had to wait 60 days for them to get to my packages - wait until they were reviewing papers from my scanned date, so they could send ME back the papers, and then my husband could take them to the embassy when he had the interview. She said that sending the papers was the wrong information... so from your post I dont know what to think.

She even supposedly put me on hold and asked a supervisor about it, and the supervisor said that there was nothing they could do about my documents. That I just had to wait for the embassy to contact me and tell me what I needed to do.

It has been about a week since this happened, and since I got an email saying that the NVC had shipped the case to Nicaragua, and that they had nothing to do with my case anymore.

I tried emailing the embassy (they dont accept phone calls), and asked them about it, but they told me they havent received my case yet.

So now I am just waiting to see what happens... i am going to call NVC tonight, and see if they in fact send my expedited case to Nicaragua yet.

Please keep us posted, and I hope they straighten things out for you! - As for me... I am kinda in the same boat as you... just waiting :(

Hey Livelyjo,

My case was approved to be expedited through the embassy in Nicaragua.

While I was waiting for the NVC to send me an approved or denied email about my expedite, I called the NVC and asked if I should keep my documents or if I should send them in. The lady I spoke to (dont remember her name), told me that I should send them right away. I followed her advice and overnighted them (AOS and IV packages).

They got the documents, and told me they had scanned them a couple of days after they received them.

After a few more days, I got an email saying my expedite was approved. I was so happy to hear this, and thought the worst was over...

For some reason I was uneasy about my papers, so I called to make sure that they would send my packages along with my case file to the embassy. The rep that I spoke to that night, told me that I SHOULDN'T have sent ANY papers because that was going to delay my expedite. Now I had to wait 60 days for them to get to my packages - wait until they were reviewing papers from my scanned date, so they could send ME back the papers, and then my husband could take them to the embassy when he had the interview. She said that sending the papers was the wrong information... so from your post I dont know what to think.

She even supposedly put me on hold and asked a supervisor about it, and the supervisor said that there was nothing they could do about my documents. That I just had to wait for the embassy to contact me and tell me what I needed to do.

It has been about a week since this happened, and since I got an email saying that the NVC had shipped the case to Nicaragua, and that they had nothing to do with my case anymore.

I tried emailing the embassy (they dont accept phone calls), and asked them about it, but they told me they havent received my case yet.

So now I am just waiting to see what happens... i am going to call NVC tonight, and see if they in fact send my expedited case to Nicaragua yet.

Please keep us posted, and I hope they straighten things out for you! - As for me... I am kinda in the same boat as you... just waiting :(

How did you get to send the IV package? Dud you get the IV fee bill? I filed the DS-261 on July 29 and I am still waiting for the IV fee bill to be available to be paid... This is so confusing!

I sent both, my AOS & IV packages together. I asked 3 different reps and they said it was ok to send them together even if I didnt pay the IV, as long as I paid the AOS.

Use the same coversheet as the AOS, but take off the AOS where it says ATTN....

Anyhow I cant pay the IV bill because my case was expedited, so I will pay that when my husband goes to his interview.

Edited by vcarch14

I sent both, my AOS & IV packages together. I asked 3 different reps and they said it was ok to send them together even if I didnt pay the IV, as long as I paid the AOS.

Use the same coversheet as the AOS, but take off the AOS where it says ATTN....

Anyhow I cant pay the IV bill because my case was expedited, so I will pay that when my husband goes to his interview.

Okay, it completely makes sense now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.