Visahelp1

wanted to introduce myself

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello Everybody wanted to introduce myself, my name is Ryan and about a year ago I met a Russian girl in a Christian forum online. we are both 24 years old. I went to Visit her 2 weeks ago and at the end of my trip asked her to marry me, I know she is the one for me. She said Yes! now of course, I have questions about some things and in advance, I appreciate any responses. this web site is awesome!

1st question. Am I in the "Russian" forum? if not, how do i find it?

2nd I know there are packets, but as i have read here, apparently Moscow doesn't send the third packet out? what should i do about this? also what is in the 3rd packet and 4th packet. specifics would be greatly appreciated.

3rd I will file my I-129 next week, I know it will be a long while before she gets here but any one have any advice on how to make my home more comfortable for her for when she does get here? specifically for a Russian woman. I know the shock of coming here will be hard for her, So I want to make the transition as easy as possible. My family has a house with extra rooms, should we maybe stay there so she is surrounded by people that care for her? or should i bring her to my apartment? what type of things would make her more comfortable in your experiences?

thanks for putting so much of your time into helping people like me who have just started!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

2nd I know there are packets, but as i have read here, apparently Moscow doesn't send the third packet out? what should i do about this? also what is in the 3rd packet and 4th packet. specifics would be greatly appreciated.

3rd I will file my I-129 next week, I know it will be a long while before she gets here but any one have any advice on how to make my home more comfortable for her for when she does get here? specifically for a Russian woman. I know the shock of coming here will be hard for her, So I want to make the transition as easy as possible. My family has a house with extra rooms, should we maybe stay there so she is surrounded by people that care for her? or should i bring her to my apartment? what type of things would make her more comfortable in your experiences?

This would definitely be the place for all questions relating to Russia.

There is but one packet from the Embassy in Moscow. After you send your I-129F, it will be 4-6 months until she gets it. Don't worry about it!

Your place is the best place to live! Of course!

Russian food is easy to find in the states - I can recommend www.russiantable.com

Good Luck!

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello Everybody wanted to introduce myself, my name is Ryan and about a year ago I met a Russian girl in a Christian forum online. we are both 24 years old. I went to Visit her 2 weeks ago and at the end of my trip asked her to marry me, I know she is the one for me. She said Yes! now of course, I have questions about some things and in advance, I appreciate any responses. this web site is awesome!

thanks for putting so much of your time into helping people like me who have just started!

Congrats on starting your journey. My wife likes to read the Russian forum at Russian Meeting Place

But I got most of my answers here.

What is in packet 3/4 is at

http://moscow.usembassy.gov/consular/consu...cord_id=fiancee

The best thing to prepare - is to talk about expectations. Tell her about where you live, how you will live, laugh about habits. Share your concerns. Clean your house apartment (trust me she will “clean” it again to her liking) Let her get used to you place first. save save save…

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Timeline

Ryan,

You said you met online about a year ago, and only visited her once before proposing to her? In that case your worries should not be packet 3 and 4, or how she would like it in US when she gets here. You need to start to get more evidence of your relationship "being real". Some people we all have heard of were denied because they only met once or twice, even though it is a minimum requirement. (Always do more then minimum) Start writing emails, regular mail, phone calls, and visit her again, maybe even meet somewhere else abroad. The more stuff you get within the the period of time you apply and the embassy interview (6-8months average), the better chances you have of getting that visa. So don't worry about the stuff in the end like the packets and how to make your home better, but worry about the actual process, and what the embassy will look for during the interview when it gets there. You can find a lot of information on this forum already posted. Good luck!

Mike.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Take her to LA and she'll feel right at home :)

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Timeline
3rd I will file my I-129 next week, I know it will be a long while before she gets here

On average, it seems to be a bit over 6 months from sending the I129F to the visa here. It really is not that long (though it can seem like it).

Timeline

Ryan, I think gogal gave you some good advice. You really need to think about proof of meeting and gathering proof of relationship now. It is really something you want to pay attention to. If it is at all possible, meeting again is great advice for lots and lots of reasons. Not only for paperwork, but for peace of mind. I'm sure you want to see your fiance again anyway! :thumbs: If you cannot do Russia, consider another country to meet in. It is unfortunate she cannot come to America before the K1 (usually).

I agree, your place is best. You probably want to 'ease' her into her new life, as culture shock can be tramatic (in some cases, not all I am sure...). You will be her rock. It is nice you have family who cares, but she will likely be a little uncomfortable around them at first, and vice versa.

Good luck with everything!

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
Ryan, I think gogal gave you some good advice. You really need to think about proof of meeting and gathering proof of relationship now. It is really something you want to pay attention to. If it is at all possible, meeting again is great advice for lots and lots of reasons. Not only for paperwork, but for peace of mind. I'm sure you want to see your fiance again anyway! :thumbs: If you cannot do Russia, consider another country to meet in. It is unfortunate she cannot come to America before the K1 (usually).

We spent months together in 3 countries. It still wasn't enough time. No problem with the K-1, but you need all kinds of proof for the AOS...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

HI,

PAPERWORK AND PROOF IS ONE THING...

GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER IS ANOTHER THING...

PHONE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, TO IMPROVE THE ENGLISH...AND RELATIONSHIP...

BUT...

ONCE SHE IS HERE BE PREPARED FOR SOME MAJOR "HOMESICKNESS", ESPECIALLY THAT "SPECIAL" TIME OF THE MONTH...

WHAT HELPS MY WIFE THE BEST IS...PETS...THAT REALLY KEEPS HER MIND OF THE HOMESICKNESS MUCH...

JUST MY OPNION...YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY...

AND THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU...

BTW...THE WAIT AFTER APPROVAL NOA2 TO INTERVIEW IS PURELY...KILLING

SIE US

DINA= KRASNOYARSK, SIBERIA, RUSSIA

SIE= HARPERS FERRY, WEST VIRGINA, USA

MET ONLINE: 10-07-2006

MET IN MOSCOW: 3-04-2006

I129F SEND: 5-16-2006

NOA1: 5-26-2006

RFE RCVD: 6-19-2006

RFE SEND: 6-27-2006

NOA2: 7-10-06

NVC RCVD: 7-12-2006

NVC LEFT: 7-24-2006

INTERVIEW: 10-05-06 PASSED

US ENTRY DULLES. VA: 10-17-06

MARRIAGE: 11-20-06

FILED FOR SS-CARD: 11-22-06

RECV'D SS-CARD: 12-02-06

STATE CARD: 1-05-07

FILED FOR AOS, EAD & AP: 1-10-07

RECEIVED NOA: 1-23-07

BIOMETRICS APPT: 2-03-07

RECEIVED EAD & AP: 3-31-07

INTERVIEW PITTSBURGH 7-11-07

RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 7-30-07

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey thanks for all the advise guys! I already have my next 2 plane tickets purchased, one in march and one in June. so I will definitely be seeing her more than just once, and will have lots of proof for the interview!

We talk for about 2 hours a day and email each other constantly, with the other 2 visits planned before the interview , I hope this will be enough? what does every one think?

Thanks Again! you guys are great

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

YOU WILL BE JUST FINE....WE ALL HOPE SO...

SIE US

DINA= KRASNOYARSK, SIBERIA, RUSSIA

SIE= HARPERS FERRY, WEST VIRGINA, USA

MET ONLINE: 10-07-2006

MET IN MOSCOW: 3-04-2006

I129F SEND: 5-16-2006

NOA1: 5-26-2006

RFE RCVD: 6-19-2006

RFE SEND: 6-27-2006

NOA2: 7-10-06

NVC RCVD: 7-12-2006

NVC LEFT: 7-24-2006

INTERVIEW: 10-05-06 PASSED

US ENTRY DULLES. VA: 10-17-06

MARRIAGE: 11-20-06

FILED FOR SS-CARD: 11-22-06

RECV'D SS-CARD: 12-02-06

STATE CARD: 1-05-07

FILED FOR AOS, EAD & AP: 1-10-07

RECEIVED NOA: 1-23-07

BIOMETRICS APPT: 2-03-07

RECEIVED EAD & AP: 3-31-07

INTERVIEW PITTSBURGH 7-11-07

RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 7-30-07

Timeline
HI,

PAPERWORK AND PROOF IS ONE THING...

GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER IS ANOTHER THING...

PHONE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, TO IMPROVE THE ENGLISH...AND RELATIONSHIP...

BUT...

ONCE SHE IS HERE BE PREPARED FOR SOME MAJOR "HOMESICKNESS", ESPECIALLY THAT "SPECIAL" TIME OF THE MONTH...

WHAT HELPS MY WIFE THE BEST IS...PETS...THAT REALLY KEEPS HER MIND OF THE HOMESICKNESS MUCH...

JUST MY OPNION...YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY...

AND THE BEST OF LUCK TO YOU...

BTW...THE WAIT AFTER APPROVAL NOA2 TO INTERVIEW IS PURELY...KILLING

SIE US

Yeh - it's that darn wait. but it is that much closer!!!

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Lots of very good advice for you to follow. I'm not sure where in California you are, but you might start looking for Russian stores where you can buy goods she is familiar with. There is a pretty good size community in L.A., San Francisco and Sacramento. I'm sure there are more, like San Diego, but I don't know for sure. My wife was really happy to be able to speak Russian after a month of just English with me. It went a long way to making her comfortable and relaxed.

I'm in Northern California, so I can tell you places to go in Sacramento. We even have a Russian yellow pages with lots of places listed in Russian and English. Unfortunately for us, it is a 1 1/2 drive to Sacramento.

One thing that may make her feel at home. My Maria will be here this Sunday night and as many know the Russians love tea! I have bought her a Porcelain Lace full tea set with many different Tea's that I know she likes. This was not cheap but the best will never be good enough for my girl!!!

Good luck with your girl and I know that all will be good for the two of you:)))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.