Mycorazon

Roc with husband in jail

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone I am new in this forum. I joined here because I need some advice with the kind of situation I have right now. I am 2year married with my husband on a fiancé visa. My green card will expires on May 2015 but I am facing a sad situation right now. I am in my hardest part of life. My husband is a pain meds addict due to car accident injuries he has when he was young. With his addiction it caused us into bad bad situation where we lost everything and homeless. My husband is in the rehab now and later surrendered himself to jail beCuase he has a credit card fraud warrant and maybe he stays there for a year or so. I really love my husband and I feel sorry about his situation but it's beyond my control that I coudnt stop these things happened to us. I am working full now to support my self. Now, my problem is how can I remove condition of my green card if he is in jail? What will I do? Please help me. Thanks to all.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You might be able to file for a waiver...or, have your husband complete the application with you - you'll have to visit him where he's being held.

Here's what is required...

http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/conditional-permanent-residence/remove-conditions-permanent-residence-based-marriage%C2'>

This is not the first time something like this has happened...hopefully, others may have more specific details on how to get through this...

Wish you the best! Sorry for all your difficulties. You'll get through this. God Bless!

Timeline

Hi Ed and Gina thanks for the reply. I have a question. With my husband being in jail, is there any chance the uscis will approve my removal of condition as long as I have a full time job? What are the possibilities?

Timeline

I think so...

You can fill out the paperwork on line...have him sign it. There is a fee...$505.00 plus $85 biometric fee...

Hopefully you have some friends or someone from his family who can help out.

You might be able to get a waiver due to hardship...not sure...

I'm sure that there are some folks here that may have more insight on this based on your situation...like I said before...it's not the first time...

Edited by Ed and Gina

Timeline

Not sure if the link to USCIS went through on one of the posts that I sent to you...

Go onto the USCIS website...in the "what are you looking for box" type removal of conditions...or go to Forms - look for I-751...

There are instructions as well as an online form.

Since you mentioned that you were homeless, you have to somehow account for all "addresses" that you and your husband lived at...

I'm gonna see if a certain someone can give you better advise/info...

Timeline

His family is helping me quite a bit and I Need to find 2nd job to make it enough for my needs, bills and be able to save the fee for my ROC. Now, is it right to call the uscis and inform them about my situation and ask any guidelines on how to process papers or ask a complete details of requirements for this kind of situation for my ROC? I really appreciates your response here guys.

Timeline

Try contacting Greenbaum...he posted a thing just below your post...something to do with SLEC...

He's pretty knowledgeable...or, may be able to direct you to someone with more concrete solutions...

Click on his picture - looks like PopEye! LOL...and send him a message...

He'll reply.

Wishing you the very best!

Timeline

I'm sorry I didn't recieve the link you sent Ed and Gina... If you could please send me the site once againI really appreciate your help.

We were evicted from the address we last rented with my husband and now I am renting a room from a friend. I wasn't able to save a copy of evection letter as a proof to uscis. I wonder if my husband records In jail would be enough as proof for hardship.

Timeline

I don't know why some links don't go through...

http://www.uscis.gov/i-751

go to the USCIS site...in the "what are you looking for?" box on the upper right side, type in I-751...it will take you to the Removal of Conditions forms and instructions.

You just need to provide addresses of where you've lived. You don't have to mention the eviction...however, it would help to have that info to present your case for hardship. Also, court records regarding his incarceration may help.

If you're very close to having to file...you may want to contact USCIS to see if you can get an extension...if that's possible. But, it is always best to stay in communication with them. You're supposed to provide change of address every time you move to USCIS - that can be done online. If you haven't done so yet, do it immediately!

There are forums here that may help too...at the top of the VJ screen - on the left - there is a "link" to FORUMS. Look through that to see if you can find anything similar to your situation.

I'm sure that others will jump in and help you out, too! Most people are helpful.

Timeline

No problem, Kiddo!! I really do hope that everything works out for you! Be sure to contact Greenbaum...he had a message right below yours. He may be able to point you in the right direction!

Be well!!!

Ingat!!!

Timeline

Hi Ed and Gina, until now I coudnt see the here Greenbaum :(

His post is just below yours...go to PORTALS...then go to PHILIPPINES...and you should see his post just below yours...if not, let me know...I've contacted him..but he wasn't on line at the time...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.