24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey guys!! So can someone tell me EXACTLY in order how the process begins at nvc once you pay the $88 fee. I am confused. What is the next stp and what do I send? My husband is from pakistan btw.

Timeline

once you pay AOS fee,, after a couple of days it will show paid..payment receipt cover sheet will be generated...download that. prepare your affidavit of support and attach this cover sheet and your own cover letter listing all docs included in the package . after this payment you will able to pay IV application fee 230. and same procedure with this fee payment.once fee payment is cleared. you can fill the online ds 260 form and submit it online. print the form and its submission sheet. prepare IV package which includes.

Cover sheet (generated after fee payment)

your own cover letter

payment receipt (generated after fee payment)

printed Ds 260 form (along with its submission sheet) generated after form submission

2 photos (2x2) in a bag, attach on a white paper (write your name, dob, case number on the back)

photocopy of passport page of beneficiary

nikah nama original

translation of nikah nama original

birth certificate of beneficiary original

NADRA mariiage certificate original

Police certificate original

any other case specific documents

make a set of all above mentioned copies and send it with the original set.

any question,,dont hesitate to ask

best of luck

Please remember me in your prayers.,,

(F)USCIS

Citizenship

01 January 2018: Online application

02 January 2018: NOA

06 January 2018: Biometric Notice

22 January 2018: Biometric appointment

Timeline

No

You still do online forms, everyone in the world does, but all the documents must be mailed to the NVC.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Thank you! Quick question, I live with my parents and my dad will be helping with the sponsor. Does he file the i864 or i864a? Also. On thei864, when it says I am the the sponsor, I check the I am one of the two joint sponsors right?

Anything I leave blank, I have to put N/A right? Thank you for the help in advance.

Timeline

Thank you! Quick question, I live with my parents and my dad will be helping with the sponsor. Does he file the i864 or i864a? Also. On thei864, when it says I am the the sponsor, I check the I am one of the two joint sponsors right?

Anything I leave blank, I have to put N/A right? Thank you for the help in advance.

Your dad is the only joint sponsor you are sponsor. Yes write NA

Edited by Sohailkhan

(F)USCIS

Citizenship

01 January 2018: Online application

02 January 2018: NOA

06 January 2018: Biometric Notice

22 January 2018: Biometric appointment

Your father files an I-864 and if your parents file jointly and your mother works, she should also submit an I-864a

You are the petitioner. Your father is the only joint sponsor.

N/A means not applicable. So if the question IS applicable N/A would be the wrong answer. Use N/A or -none- as appropriate. Consult the example forms on VJ if you need help.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Hijack posts removed or split off along with responses to such posts. If you are posting in this thread, please answer the OP's questions. If you have questions about your own circumstances, please start your own thread.~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

I have a question. My parents are helping me sponsor my husband. I filled out my i864

My dad and my mom file taxes together. So they BOTH file i864a?

I just want to confirm.

And for MY i864, I write 2 for part 5 question 6? That parents with the same residence are filing i864a

Please help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Who's your primary sponsor? Is it your dad or your mom? My mom was my primary sponsor and I just turned in all her paperwork.

Philippians 4:13 heart.gif

Parent who makes more = I-864

Parent who makes less = I-864a

Include tax transcripts, proof of US citizenship or LPR status, and proof of current income and/or assets as needed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline