Zombie69

In country 601 waiver based on criminal grounds, no processing time available.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My 1-130 has been approved in March. We were given a 601 waiver due to my two CIMT misdemeanors. The wavier packet was submitted on 4/22, and it has almost been 4 months which falls into the processing time of national average. I am in California, my lawyer went to USCIS and said there is no processing time for such a waiver. My waiver was received by National Benefit Center, and now it is in line for review in a field office in Los Angeles. Anyone with similar experience?

How do you know your waiver is at the field office? I-601 waivers are adjudicated at the NSC. Did you file 601 or 601a?

Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi, LoveMyTico:

I filed 601 waiver. My lawyer went to USCIS and talked to an officer there physically, that is the information she got. My receipt number begins with MSC, along with other applications. The website says national average wait time is 4 months, and it only lists processing time for California, Texas, and Nebraska service center. I filed my waiver in Los Angeles. I got married with my husband last August, and I have been here for 17 years with a student visa. Anyway, I have conceded to the possibility that we might have to wait until the end of this year to hear a decision from them. It is kind of frustrating. However, we will just wait until October, my lawyer says she will follow up again if we don't hear anything from them by October. How about you? Did you file a 601A waiver?

I find that really ODD.. I was told by my lawyer that all 601's go to NSC. Of course you send it to the lockbox and then they route it to NSC. I never heard of any waivers getting adjudicated in a local office. Maybe someone can chime in on that but I am almost 100% sure they go to NSC. The 601a's might go to another service center.

My 601 is being sent today GOD WILLING to the Phoenix lockbox and then it will go to the NSC. So far as I have seen lately, the waivers are getting approved in 3-4 months. and you can never EVER go by the times they post on the website. They are lies. Last year they were 8-12 months.. This year they are being processed faster... but that still doesn't mean yours couldn't take 8 months. I think it really depends on the circumstances for the waiver. Ours is straight up overstay.. no deportation or voluntary departure and no illegal activity

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I 601 waivers are processed in Neb. however I would not say

your atty has not done things correctly as she's an atty and U R in

the US, so there maybe validity to her procedure I just hope

it is a waiver atty who has the understanding of waiver process.

She is correct in saying CIMT has no definitive time-line on

processing, due to many different agencies being checked before

a final decision...it can be quick or slow , not even the atty knows

the timeline...good luck

Timeline

Hi, Jawaree:

My attorney basically did exactly what needed to be done. Our 130 marriage based interview was approved right on the spot, but the adjudicator had to determine whether it was necesarry for me to do 601 since I have two misdemeanors, and later on he requested us to do submit the waiver. Long story short, my lawyer said the hold up could be due to the retirement of the adjudicator who approved our 130. So it went to another adjudicator and now it is in the pile in line waiting to be reviewed. I have been waiting for over a decade to be able to adjust my status, I guess if i have to wait for another year, I just have to wait. Anyway, I just hope there are people on this forum who have gone through the CIMT waiver process and share it here.

Timeline

LovemyTicos: I guess the CIMT waivers are a bit different from most waivers, but I agree with you, I don't trust the timeline given by USCIS. Anyway, all I can do is wait, my waiver is in the pile of hundreds or thousands of waiver applications. I hope I will hear from them at least by the end of the year. I can wait, I have been waiting almost 17 years to be able to have a chance to adjust my status, thanks to the Supreme Court's striking down DOMA. Good luck to you too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.