Lillie_T

Advice appreciated.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello to all, I don't post often, but I am here everyday reading voraciously. Here is our dilemma. After two weeks of emailing Casa asking on his interview date, I was finally told that his packet was mailed to him on the 12th. Well, as of the 19th, he still has not received the packet. They finally responded to my email with his interview date, it is scheduled for the 8th of February. That is less than 3 weeks away. I was completely surprised by that, I had really thought it would be at least a week later. The problem is that if he receives the packet on Monday, that will only give him 2 days to get his medical done per the instructions in the packet. (And that's a big IF he gets it on Monday) I have been told that they ask that the medical be done at least two weeks prior to the interview. My question is; first, what if his medical is not done two weeks prior to the interview? Will the consulate still let him keep his appointment if they don't have the results of his medical? If I request to reschedule the interview, does anyone know how far out they would schedule it? I AM FREAKING OUT FOR SURE!!! Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

June 19, 2005 Met Online

November 19-December 26, 2005 Together in Morocco

September 22, 2006 Filed K-1 Visa Petition

October 7, 2006 NOA 1

December 15, 2006 NOA 2

December 24, 2006-January 3, 2007 After a long,hard and lonely year, back to Morocco.

February 22, 2007 Interview..

February 28, 2007 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

March 21, 2007 Arrival in USA

May 25, 2007 Married

June 12, 2007 He went to jail because he tried to kill me.

October 18, 2007 Out of jail and back to Morocco.

The End.

"Nobody said it was easy. It's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be so hard....Oh take me back to the start" Chris Martin-Coldplay, The Scientist

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

First of all, try to relax.

This has happened to people before. I wouldn't worry about it being exactly 2 weeks prior to the interview. IF you are really worried about it then you can find the list of doctors on VJ somewhere and have your fiance call the offices and ask if he can come in before he has his packet. Don't worry though the Consulate isn't going to freak out if it's less than 2 weeks before the interview.

Also, the mail in Morocco isn't exactly speedy so don't worry too much about that. I'm sure there's lots of people who can help you with the contents of the packet.

Does your fiance have his police and court report translated? and his birth certificate?

Good luck to you guys!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you ask to reschedule, they might do it 2 months away from the date it's scheduled - from my experience. If he's not going to have the medical done, i'd think, the interview would be just a waste of time. I could be wrong.

What does he really need for the medical? You have the e-mail for the interview, can't he do the medical with that e-mail? Or there's some forms for the medical? I might sound dumb, but it wasn't me who went for the interview. And when I had the interview, it was over 14 years ago - can't remember much.

Tanya

Edited by firelion65

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

First of all, the medical needing to be at least two weeks before the interview means it should not be done "earlier" than two weeks before the interview date...not that it has to be done exactly two weeks before the interview date.

If your fiance does not receive his packet by Monday, email the consulate again by responding to their email that has the interview date in it...they are very aware of the mail situation in Morocco. Ask them if he does not receive his packet by this Monday if he can come to the consulate to pick one up...this has happened to several people I know and they were allowed to come and pick a packet up.

Second, it doesn't take long for the results on the medical (just a few days) and most get an appointment very quickly. If one is not available, another one is. You still have plenty of time here. What city does your fiance live in?

In the event that his medical results have not been sent to the consulate by the doctor in time for the interview, yes they will still interview him...although they will not be able to make a final decision until the results of his medical are received. This means they will issue a 221g stating such. Once they receive the medical results, they will then make their decision and move forward with the case.

Try to stay calm, this is very normal...we had barely 3 weeks until interview date before the packet was received in the mail. He had his medical 1 week before his interview, and the medical results were sent to the consulate on time.

(F) ~Kiyah~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Don't freak out!!! Just follow the advice given here.... Many people have picked up their packet in person. Does your fiance live in or near Casa? He could go to the consulate with a printout of the email you received from them about his interview date and get the packet.

For now just make sure he gets the documents others mentioned above: police report, court report, divorce papers (if applicable), all translated, and that you've sent all your information/photos/etc as supporting evidence for him to bring. The doctors all take walk-ins, he can get the medical done in a day and they send the results just a few days later it seems.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Timeline

We had a almost similar experience. Rachid got his packet 3 so late we missed the initial interview.

when I emailed them they gave us the interview date for a week later but I emailed them back

told them we need more time for the medical (results take about a week) and so they

gave us a 3rd interview date for a week after that.

So they worked with us seeing it was not our fault and didn't mind rescheduling us for the exact

date I requested.

Good luck!

Maryum

1/10/05 Filed I-129f

1/12/05 NOA1

2/9/05 NOA2

2/25/05 Case forwarded to Casablanca

(Marrakech postal issues)

5/2/05 Fiance picks up Packet 3/4

5/6/05 Medical

5/23/05 Interview (recieved 221g)

5/31/05 VISA IN HAND! ALHAMDULLILAH!!

Truly I am blessed

7/6/05 Rachid arrives in USA (POE Philly) with my family

7/8/05 Rachid arrives to Atlanta (home to me)

7/8/05 Wedding!!! (ceremonial)

7/22/05 Recieve SSN Card

9/26/05 Married

12/31/05 AOS/EAD/AP sent off

1/4/06 Package arrives at Chicago Lockbox

1/18/06 Checks cashed all NOA's recvd :)

3/31/06 Recv'd AOS appointment letter for May 23rd

MAY 23RD AOS APPROVED (now waiting for prints to clear)

6/7/06 RECEIVED WELCOME LETTER :)

6/14/06 GREENCARD HATH ARRIVED!!! :))))

05/31/08 Filed Removal of Conditions

06/22/08 Biometrics done

APRROVVED JUNE 1ST 2009

Greencard Recieved 6/7/09 :D

Timeline
We had a almost similar experience. Rachid got his packet 3 so late we missed the initial interview.

when I emailed them they gave us the interview date for a week later but I emailed them back

told them we need more time for the medical (results take about a week) and so they

gave us a 3rd interview date for a week after that.

So they worked with us seeing it was not our fault and didn't mind rescheduling us for the exact

date I requested.

Good luck!

Maryum

Thank you to everyone for the advice and concern. My fiance' does not live near Casa. He is more than 3 hours away, so the option of picking up the packet is really not a good one. We are going to wait to see what happens tomorrow, if he gets the packet or not. Thanks again to all who responded.

June 19, 2005 Met Online

October 7, 2006 NOA 1

December 15, 2006 NOA 2

December 24, 2006-January 3, 2007 After a long,hard and lonely year, back to Morocco.

May 25, 2007 Married

The End.

"Nobody said it was easy. It's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be so hard....Oh take me back to the start" Chris Martin-Coldplay, The Scientist

Let me share my experience with this subject.

My husband dind't recieved his packet on time, so he went to the consulate to get the list of Dr. he went for his medical two weeks befor his interview the doctor told him that he need it some treatment for some infection that he had, so his medical exam was not ready for the interview, I emailed Casa to ask if he can go to the interview without his medical exam so they answered this way" Thank you for your request your husband's interview is on XX-xx, 2006 the date they said it was the same day that he had the interview scheduled, so I talked to my husband and asked him to print the email that they send me and to go to the interview my husband lived in Marrakech so is four hours by train, he got the the consulate and they said sorry your medical is not ready so you can't have the interview, he showed them the email and they said sorry but you have to email us for a new date.

I, don't what to scare you but this i what happen to us, I know you said that your husband live 3 hrs away but anyway the dr is in Casa so he can do everything on the same day.

I wish you best of luck

Hello to all, I don't post often, but I am here everyday reading voraciously. Here is our dilemma. After two weeks of emailing Casa asking on his interview date, I was finally told that his packet was mailed to him on the 12th. Well, as of the 19th, he still has not received the packet. They finally responded to my email with his interview date, it is scheduled for the 8th of February. That is less than 3 weeks away. I was completely surprised by that, I had really thought it would be at least a week later. The problem is that if he receives the packet on Monday, that will only give him 2 days to get his medical done per the instructions in the packet. (And that's a big IF he gets it on Monday) I have been told that they ask that the medical be done at least two weeks prior to the interview. My question is; first, what if his medical is not done two weeks prior to the interview? Will the consulate still let him keep his appointment if they don't have the results of his medical? If I request to reschedule the interview, does anyone know how far out they would schedule it? I AM FREAKING OUT FOR SURE!!! Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

My fiance is more than 12 hours from Casa so I understand completely how difficult it is to go back and forth. You can get a copy of all the forms on the Department of State website. Also look at this thread- http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41986 I posted most of the contents from the packet my fiance received the beginning of December. Your fiance can start getting everything ready so when it arrives, he will have less things to worry about.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lillie,

He can go to the medical before he has the forms. Make sure he has a copy of the email from the consulate showing he has the interview set. I had the same problem...I got the email but paperwork took forever to arrive. We did the forms electronically. Your SO can print them out in Morocco if needed and then sign them. If you need the list of docs PM me with your emaili address and I'll email you the link.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline

I just wanted to thank everyone again for the responses. We decided to ask for a different appointment date. We just felt like it would have been too frantic trying to get everything done in time. I asked for a two week extension, and I got it. I received this email from Casa just a few minutes ago..

Dear Madam:

Mr. XXXXX can come in for his fiancé visa on February 22, 2007 at 8:00am.

Regards,

IV Unit

kc

I hope that the wording "can come in for his fiancé visa" is telling, lol! Notice that she didn't say "can come in for his appointment".... Wishful thinking I am sure, but that would be a great thing if he came out of that interview with his visa in hand! One can dare to dream....

Thank you again to all.

June 19, 2005 Met Online

October 7, 2006 NOA 1

December 15, 2006 NOA 2

May 25, 2007 Married

The End.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.