Rabab-Hussein

same response every single time !! no one cares !

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Below is a response i just recieved from the embassy through the senator ! I just cant anymore. That response is what makes me breakdown ! They dont care and no us law cares about any case. I know theres thousands of cases but being under AP for 10 months and all i get is that i have to wait and wait is b/s. The thing that mostly hurts is seeing everysingle person back in Togo whose had an interview and was approved immediatley and we have to sit there waiting just because my husbands name is a common arab name! There is no other reason to be put in Ap that long. Whenever i call the DOS they say everythings ok with the papers and we have nothing here sent to be checked. My husband and i are suffering and cant take it anymore ! Its not fair. They also have his passport since september of last year

We understand how eager Ms. K***** must be for a resolution to her husbands case. However, the case is still undergoing administrative processing. Please rest assured that Mr. Husseins case is receiving all due consideration under U.S. law and regulation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Where do you live? I live near DC and if they do this to me for more than a month I will be holding a sign in front of the White House every demanding that they let my wife in.

I-130 Sent: 11 November 2013

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

I-30 Received at NVC: 11 June 2014 (11 days in transit)

NVC Case # Assigned: 27 June 2014 (15 days to case number assigned)

DS-261 Completed: 15 July 2014 (18 days to DS-261 available)

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 17 July 2014

AOS Fee Bill Shows "Paid": 22 July 2014

AOS Package Sent Out:23 July 2014

AOS Package Recieved: 28 July 2014

DS-260 Completed: ?

IV Fee Bill Paid: ?

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Timeline

Where do you live? I live near DC and if they do this ###### to me for more than a month I will be holding a sign in front of the White House every demanding that they let my wife in.

Im from PA. If i was there id be holding a sign 24/7 !

Timeline

Also be aware in 2 months you can file a writ of mandamus, 1 year or more of AP is considered "excessive." If I were you I would get with a lawyer and get all the documents together. Just the threat of the mandamus usually lights a fire under their ###.

I-130 1st i-797(NOA-1): 12 November 2013, Vermont (Dis-)Service Center (1 day in transit)

I-130 2nd i-797(NOA-2): 30 May 2014, Vermont (Total Dis-)Service Center (199 days in USCIS hell)

November 2014 USCIS Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqgp_fafY_R6dFI3cDREc2tNWV9qV09mMzN3WXR2dEE&usp=sharing#gid=3

Timeline

Also be aware in 2 months you can file a writ of mandamus, 1 year or more of AP is considered "excessive." If I were you I would get with a lawyer and get all the documents together. Just the threat of the mandamus usually lights a fire under their ###.

Already have a lawyer. All my papers were filed through them

Timeline

Call him up and tell him you want to file a writ of mandamus. This is a court order to make the government do their jobs. Call your lawyer, get all the paperwork together, and then once it's all assembled send the DOS an email informing them of what you are doing. Once the one year passes give them a 2 week notice. That should get them moving.

my prayers are with you.

listen to thedude......he's very well informed.

actions speak louder than words.

you have waited long enough.

no more silence, okay?

USCIS
30 Jan 2014 - Sent I-130
03 Feb 2014- NOA1

10 months of bologna, we cannot believe this, nor will you if you knew
02 Dec 2014- NOA2

NVC
30-Dec 2014 case received
10-Feb 2015 case and iin # assigned
10-Feb 2015 completed ds 261
11-Feb 2015 paid AOS fee
11-Feb 2015 welcome letter rec'd
15-Feb 2015 emailed AOS & IV package info
19-Feb 2015 paid IV fee
23-Feb 2015 submitted ds260
07-Apr 2015 CC :dancing:
26-May 2015. interview--approval

28-May 2015 noon visa in hand!!

POE-??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Below is a response i just recieved from the embassy through the senator ! I just cant anymore. That response is what makes me breakdown ! They dont care and no us law cares about any case. I know theres thousands of cases but being under AP for 10 months and all i get is that i have to wait and wait is b/s. The thing that mostly hurts is seeing everysingle person back in Togo whose had an interview and was approved immediatley and we have to sit there waiting just because my husbands name is a common arab name! There is no other reason to be put in Ap that long. Whenever i call the DOS they say everythings ok with the papers and we have nothing here sent to be checked. My husband and i are suffering and cant take it anymore ! Its not fair. They also have his passport since september of last year

We understand how eager Ms. K***** must be for a resolution to her husbands case. However, the case is still undergoing administrative processing. Please rest assured that Mr. Husseins case is receiving all due consideration under U.S. law and regulation.

Having a case put in A P becomes a difficult situation for anyone involved. The real problem is the total lack of info that you can obtain. Its seems to feel like no one is doing anything to improve the situation. I understand how this feels and how it affects our mental state because my own case went through this and ended at 408 days. During that time my husband wrote 9 letters at the request of two different U S govt agencies. Not one of those were answered to this day.

Our experience with a U S Senator taught us how little most of them can or will do. In your case its certainly worth another try. Do that by contacting your other Senator or your Congressman.

Its true that the laws of the country don't care about your exact case but some of those very laws serve to protect us from harm done by people with bad intentions. They also provide the basis for our freedom. We could live in a country where just a name would make it impossible to immigrate for example. Its also true that its not fair but this isn't a game where there is a winner.

The response you got is somewhat helpful in that you can see they are working on the case so it means it will come to an successful conclusion or they would have simply told you they denied the case.

Timeline

Having a case put in A P becomes a difficult situation for anyone involved. The real problem is the total lack of info that you can obtain. Its seems to feel like no one is doing anything to improve the situation. I understand how this feels and how it affects our mental state because my own case went through this and ended at 408 days. During that time my husband wrote 9 letters at the request of two different U S govt agencies. Not one of those were answered to this day.

Our experience with a U S Senator taught us how little most of them can or will do. In your case its certainly worth another try. Do that by contacting your other Senator or your Congressman.

Its true that the laws of the country don't care about your exact case but some of those very laws serve to protect us from harm done by people with bad intentions. They also provide the basis for our freedom. We could live in a country where just a name would make it impossible to immigrate for example. Its also true that its not fair but this isn't a game where there is a winner.

The response you got is somewhat helpful in that you can see they are working on the case so it means it will come to an successful conclusion or they would have simply told you they denied the case.

Everything you said is true , and i hope there is no denial because if there was it would have been made long ago. Its just the stress and our day to day life is put on hold jusr in hope of that phone call to come pick up the visa ! I pray to god evrrysingle day thaf it doesnt take longer !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Everything you said is true , and i hope there is no denial because if there was it would have been made long ago. Its just the stress and our day to day life is put on hold jusr in hope of that phone call to come pick up the visa ! I pray to god evrrysingle day thaf it doesnt take longer !

Its seems impossible to imagine that a name can cause all of this but it could be true I suppose. In my own case we never could find any reason at all for what happened nor could USCIS. They said " this just never happens " as went through the many days it took. My husband actually returned to the USA TWICE to sit down with USCIS to try to find the answer. That cost us thousands of dollars and a lot a stress and resulted in almost nothing. Senator Feinstein's office did absolutely nothing other than mail a letter to us and that was sent to the wrong address.

The best advise I can offer is to try to find something positive to concentrate your efforts on. Prepare yourself for life in the USA. Study America people, government, driving, banking, hell even the tax laws are more fun than overthinking this situation.

You will not be denied. You will have what you waited and worked for. You will place a very high value on the success. You will be able to help others by serving as an example of determination.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if the passport was in the embassy...you be fine...but if they return that..thats a refusal.... sooo u guys lucky... think positive....

I filed a writ here in Texas. My husband's AP is over a year now. His interview was June 4, 2013. Sweet, right?

I filed 07/14/2014. Let the good times role. I even went to the embassy twice this summer to talk to them while I was in Sri Lanka. The second time they sassed me. Gotta love those attitudes of people who lives are not affected by their slacking.

if the passport was in the embassy...you be fine...but if they return that..thats a refusal.... sooo u guys lucky... think positive....

This means nothing. They never returned my husband passport. When we retrieved it for our vacation in Malaysia, they did not take it back. Said they didn't need it because his visa wasn't ready. We received no refusal as of yet.

The embassies just choose people who they do not like but have no factual reason or evidence to prove they do not have a good relationship, so they just keep them in AP. It is easier than doing all of the paperwork explaining why they don't have a good relationship when in fact they do.

Timeline

I filed a writ here in Texas. My husband's AP is over a year now. His interview was June 4, 2013. Sweet, right?

I filed 07/14/2014. Let the good times role. I even went to the embassy twice this summer to talk to them while I was in Sri Lanka. The second time they sassed me. Gotta love those attitudes of people who lives are not affected by their slacking.

What's the next step for your writ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.