raven52

How to get out of Japan? And back to Cebu?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have posted for my friend Bob, about this before, as he struggles, to get the woman he cares so much for out of Japan. Yes, I owe Bob, as he took me to Cebu, Philippines, my first time, and I went 7 more times on my own. My wife is with me..,and very happy, and I feel I need to help him all I can.

The lady in Japan, went to Japan, last December, on a work visa, but she is not sure what she "signed up for" meaning the length of time.

I just have an idea that there might be some kind of time limit limited by the visa, (maybe one year) by the Philippine embassy, or is there "work visas" that are issued for longer times.,.,.,,.I am very "lost" even asking these questions.,..,.,we are just trying to get her back to Cebu, so he can make the required visit, and get his K-1 visa material together.

Where she is working, will not even discuss letting her out of the work contract, which she signed, but it is my understanding, the company has told her they would release her passport (which they are holding) this coming December.

Please, give me any information, opinions, you,.,can. I feel Bob, gave me my greatest happiness in my life, with my wonderful Filipino wife, which we have been married for about 14 months now, I OWE him.,.,,.help me with your info.!

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I worked in japan for 5 years as a programmer. Japanese work visas are doled out in 1,3 and 5 years. Chances are first-timers will end up with the 1 year visa.

I'd recommend going to the Philippine embassy first. All Filipinos going to Japan for work are supposed to be registered with the PH Labor office, and their contracts are vetted to make sure no sneaky business (like holding passports) happen. The PH embassy also has a department dedicated to Assistance to Nationals. I don't know if they can reissue her travel document if push comes to shove, but that may be an option too.

http://tokyo.philembassy.net/contact-info/

Another thing she can do is contact the Japanese labor bureau. They have a dedicated English helpline. (Tokyo is congested, but I've called Saitama when I was in a pinch, and the lady on the phone was very very helpful.) If there's something questionable about her contract, they can help her address it. It's especially useful because PH labor laws are so much weaker than Japanese labor laws, so most Filipino workers sign contracts without knowing that most clauses are illegal in Japan.

http://www.mhlw.go.jp/bunya/koyou/gaikokujin12/pdf/english_0010.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This thread has good information about OFW's(Overseas Filipino Workers) and their "contracts". Even though it's about Middle Eastern countries, it might be helpful:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/411475-tragic-story/page-2

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry about OFWs~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.