Andrew&Vangie

How do i the Petitioner file for my Wife and Daughter 1yr old on a i-130 immigrant visa to the U.S?

19 posts in this topic

I recently read the guide in this forum on how to file for your Spouse and also to file for your child. But here is how i became confused, on the page :

"Petitioning Procedures: Bringing a Child, Son or Daughter to Live in the United States"

http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet

It states that "I" the Petitioner/U.S stepfather of child must file a i -130 and provide evidence of a relationship to child.

About me the Petitioner:

I am the step-father to my Wife's one year old daugther. I have photos on facebook of me and the child when i visited for three months, and since back in the States, i send WU money to my Wife for her needs. this is all the evidence i have other than also her Birth Cert and Baptismal Cert ( which has me listed as her Father on the Cert)

Then further reading i notice under where it says "Beneficiaries who wish to bring Children" that my Wife and stepdaughter can be filed on ONE i130?

I am confused.

Is there a way for me to file my Wife and daughter ( 1yr_old) on ONE i-130?? and how do it?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I recently read the guide in this forum on how to file for your Spouse and also to file for your child. But here is how i became confused, on the page :

"Petitioning Procedures: Bringing a Child, Son or Daughter to Live in the United States"

http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet

It states that "I" the Petitioner/U.S stepfather of child must file a i -130 and provide evidence of a relationship to child.

About me the Petitioner:

I am the step-father to my Wife's one year old daugther. I have photos on facebook of me and the child when i visited for three months, and since back in the States, i send WU money to my Wife for her needs. this is all the evidence i have other than also her Birth Cert and Baptismal Cert ( which has me listed as her Father on the Cert)

Then further reading i notice under where it says "Beneficiaries who wish to bring Children" that my Wife and stepdaughter can be filed on ONE i130?

I am confused.

Is there a way for me to file my Wife and daughter ( 1yr_old) on ONE i-130?? and how do it?

The child is listed in section C. 17

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

Why are listed as the biological father on her birth certificate if you are the stepfather? Get this fixed. You do not want to have to get a DNA test that showed you have USCIS a legal document with false information.

Showing the relationship is not what you think. You present the child's birth certificate with the mother's name and your marriage certificate to show that she is now your stepdaughter. That is all.

For your wife, you need to show a bona fide marriage through other evidence.

If you are a US citizen, you must file separate I-130s for your wife and stepchild. Derivative beneficiaries are not allowed when a USC petitions a spouse. Separate fees too.

If you are an LPR, then you file a single I-130 for your wife. Her daughter would be an eligible derivative beneficiary.

Best of luck.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are the STEP-father. Your name should NOT be on the child's birth and baptismal certificate unless you legally adopted her. Who told you that you can put your name on the child's documents? Big mistake.

A step-parent to step-child relationship will be bound by the MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE between you and the child's biological mother.

As proof of relationship to your step-daughter, you only need to submit a copy of her NSO birth certificate together with a copy of your NSO marriage certificate.

Edited by apple21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Putting your name on the birth certificate is a huge mistake. They will now ask for DNA and when that comes back that you are not the father they can charge you and her with fraud and mess up the whole thing. ( I know you did it for kindness but immigration isn't kind )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Hmm then i need to have my Wife change the Baptismal Cert without my Name showing on it. She had my name signed on it because of being humiliated by the catholic priest for having a out of wedlock child. Is it possible to go back to the civil registry and redo the Baptismal? The city registry clerk recommended to adopt the child before this document was signed on the Baptismal, but we thought about completing the adoption before leaving to the States. Oh boy so now what is the right path for me to take on this? I haven't filed and sent any docs yet to the NVC. I hope the birth cert also isnt in my name :( i need to ask her again to be SURE..

Andrew&Vangie, on 21 Jul 2014 - 7:03 PM, said:Andrew&Vangie, on 21 Jul 2014 - 7:03 PM, said:

Hmm then i need to have my Wife change the Baptismal Cert without my Name showing on it. She had my name signed on it because of being humiliated by the catholic priest for having a out of wedlock child. Is it possible to go back to the civil registry and redo the Baptismal? The city registry clerk recommended to adopt the child before this document was signed on the Baptismal, but we thought about completing the adoption before leaving to the States. Oh boy so now what is the right path for me to take on this? I haven't filed and sent any docs yet to the NVC. I hope the birth cert also isnt in my name :( i need to ask her again to be SURE..

Tell the Priest to stay out of your business. Just tell him to flock off. 1963.gif If you want to call your kid Howdy Dowdy then you have every right to call him that name. Geeeesh, I wish the Catholic Church would get out of peoples business. They mess so many families up and they think they have the right to tell you what to do and they can't even keep their house clean.2047.gif

You need to get all your documents so they reflect the real truth to your family ties. That way when you go for your interview you will be confident with your information. Good Luck.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

You are only talking the baptismal certificate that has you name on it, not the birth certificate that is filed with the civil registry and sent to NSO?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I don'y understand your question "Hank_" I plan to message my Wife and tell her to change the Baptismal to not have my name on it. OR don't use this doc at all and only use the NSO birth Cert of child. If the Birth Cert has my name listed as the Father on it, then we need to change it before we present it to the NVC.

To Greenbaum: My Wife didn't know any better, bless her heart. Her Mother gave her the talk about it is the "Spiritual thing" to do and so she presented the child to be baptized by a Priest. However, she had this child out of wedlock and she didn't want to feel shunned by the priest for getting prego before marriage. So she added my name onto the Baptismal Cert as the Father. Nothing i can do to change it now, at least i think i can't.

Hey, why is your green card approved without an interview?

Timeline

I don'y understand your question "Hank_" I plan to message my Wife and tell her to change the Baptismal to not have my name on it. OR don't use this doc at all and only use the NSO birth Cert of child. If the Birth Cert has my name listed as the Father on it, then we need to change it before we present it to the NVC.

Your name is NOT on the NSO birth certificate? Only on the baptismal certificate - which is not used anywhere in the process? That is my question

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tell the Priest to stay out of your business. Just tell him to flock off. 1963.gif If you want to call your kid Howdy Dowdy then you have every right to call him that name. Geeeesh, I wish the Catholic Church would get out of peoples business. They mess so many families up and they think they have the right to tell you what to do and they can't even keep their house clean.2047.gif

You need to get all your documents so they reflect the real truth to your family ties. That way when you go for your interview you will be confident with your information. Good Luck.

Hmm...this comment sort of hit me in the wrong place, Greenbaum. Some of us here are Catholic, and we tend to believe that families should be lifted up.

02/20/2014 Sent I129F Petition (Texas)

02/28/2014 NOA1

04/08/2014 Alien Registration Number Changed

05/01/2014 NOA2 text and e-mail

05/06/2014 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

05/06/2014 text that USCIS had shipped case to NVC

05/06/2014 Emailed NVC for MNL case number

05/10/2014 NVC Received file

05/13/2014 Called NVC, Received MNL Case Number

05/15/2014 Visa Fee paid at BPI, Roxas City

05/15/2014 Created Profile on US Embassy Manila website (Note: when you set this up, you need to select "immigrant visa" for K1, and you also need your fiancé/e's passport number, passport issuance date, and passport expiration date to set up the profile)

05/15/2014 In Transit to Embassy

05/19/2014 File is at Embassy ('Ready')

06/03/2014 St. Luke's Medical

06/19/2014 Interview 7:30 am--APPROVED!!

07/01/2014 US Passport renewal Scheduled for Number One Son at USEM--Approved!

07/01/2014 Visa in Hand for K1

07/03/2014 CRBA and Passport Scheduled for Number Two Son at USEM--both Approved--no DNA test wow!

07/21/2014 New US Passport received in Capiz for Number One Son

08/12/2014 New US Passport and Birth Abroad Received in Capiz for Number Two Son

10/25/2014 POE Seattle, WA, then on to Albuquerque, NM where I picked up my two kids and mommy

10/28/2014 Applied for SS Number in Single Name

11/05/2014 Received SS Card

11/07/2014 Married!

11/25/2014 Applied for SS Number in Married Name

12/20/2014 Received SS Number in Married Name

12/25/2014 AOS/EAD Application Sent to Chicago Lockbox

12/31/2014 NOA 1 for AOS/EAD

01/28/2015 Biometrics for AOS/EAD

02/01/2015 RFE for Certified Marriage License for I485 AOS

02/11/2015 Received Certified copy of Marriage License in response to RFE (wait, wait)

03/16/2015 EAD Card received in the mail

04/24/2015 Baby Grace born in the USA!

06/11/2015 Interview Waiver letter received for I485 AOS (says wait 6 months for action)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Check the NSO birth certificate first because it is the primary requirement for USCIS. If it has your name as father = big problem, if not = safe.

The baptismal certificate is NOT a major requirement in the process UNLESS the birth certificate is LATE REGISTERED. It is the embassy who might request for the baptismal certificate as secondary evidence during the interview. If your name appears there, you should have it corrected at the archdiocese who has jurisdiction over the parish where the child was baptized.

Edited by apple21

Filed: Timeline

Hmm...this comment sort of hit me in the wrong place, Greenbaum. Some of us here are Catholic, and we tend to believe that families should be lifted up.

Just ignore him. Clearly putting the blame on the wrong party in this case. She clearly lied to the priest (church) about the child's father and it's somehow the priest's fault to meddling in their business.

To Greenbaum: My Wife didn't know any better, bless her heart. Her Mother gave her the talk about it is the "Spiritual thing" to do and so she presented the child to be baptized by a Priest. However, she had this child out of wedlock and she didn't want to feel shunned by the priest for getting prego before marriage. So she added my name onto the Baptismal Cert as the Father. Nothing i can do to change it now, at least i think i can't.

Hey, why is your green card approved without an interview?

I understand completely and I meant no disrespect to her. Sorry, I was just ranting.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.