2 posts in this topic

If the husband is petitioning wife that was bar for 10 years (it has been 10 years since) and they have a son but he is already and adult, would it work if the son prepares a hardship letter.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hmm.. The hardship letter has to be latex to the petitioner, I believe.

I mean if you are petitioning, you show the hardship. If your son is petitioning for her, then he has to show hardship.

However, why do you need it anymore? Hardship waiver is for people who have a ban but they don't want to wait for three years or ten years, whatever is the length of the ban.

Since she has waited her ban out for TEN years (unbelievable, she is brave woman), I believe the ban has ended and she can have a regular consularrocessing without the 601 waiver.

If there is some other kind of ban except the time limit, and you still want waiver, I would suggest both you and your son file separate petitions for your wife. She is immidiate relative to you both. Then both of you request waiver from USCIS separately. In this way you double your chances of receiving the waiver. Also consult a lawyer who specializes in 601 waiver, it is almost impossible to get it right by yourself.

I am sorry about the little typo above . I meant to say " related", not "latex". Damn auto correct!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.