San@tif

Spouse Immigrant Visa Approved in Islamabad. How long will it take for the passport to reach back to Karachi?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got my spouse visa approved at Islamabad on July 15th, 2014, and read it in the status that if Ur visa is approved, u will get it within 2 business days. How long does it take for the American Express to call me in Karachi to go and collect the stamped Passport from them?

Thanks

Edited by San@tif

Timeline

My Interview was scheduled for July 15th, 2014, at 0700HRS, I reached the Diplomatic Enclave shuttle service, ISL at 0530HRS, got my ticket for Executive Shuttle Service for PKRs. 500/- and handed over my mobile to the Mobile deposit services offered by the shuttle service.

The shuttle service started at 0625HRS, and the guards gathered us around the shuttle's security check, and he did a whole body search and checked the files & folders within the shuttle service building, and he let us in the Shuttle when it started raining heavily, and the entire atmosphere changed, and looked so pleasant. ('')

As soon as we reached the Diplomatic Enclave, all males were told to get down from the shuttle and start walking while the females sat inside the shuttle, we walked for about 2 minutes in presence of the guards, and then the shuttle picked us again. I don't know what that was, but it was disappointing.

I reached at the Embassy at 0655HRS, and was told to wait inside the shuttle until 0710HRS. Then we were let out of the Shuttle and we formed a line in front of the security check point.

The guard was forming one line, when it was my turn I told the guard that I am here for the Immigrant Visa, he formed another line for immigrants starting from me! ('')

I went through the security check and the Embassy's officer told me to pass through the Yellow (Immigrant Visa)Lane, and security guard saw my Interview Letter, & Passport and issued to me a token number which was xx1, then I went inside first and pass through another security check, which I removed all the metallic items like my belt, wrist watch, and my wallet etc, and sat inside the waiting area and was called by my token number for biometrics, and was sent to the counter number 5 where the Pakistani guy who talked in Urdu, asked about updated TAX returns of my spouse and the joint sponsor, then he asked about the language in which communication would be done with the CO, I said Urdu & was told to sit and wait for my turn.

Then I was called by the CO at Immigrant section interviews at counter number 7. I went to the counter, and a Urdu speaking female & a foreigner was waiting for me with an Urdu Oath, which was pretty difficult and I requested them to say my oath in English, then he sent the Urdu Lady back, and gave me the Oath in English, I recited the oath in English. The CO was were cool, cooperative, and supportive, & he was giggling and smiling with me throughout.

Then the Co started asking me questions:-

1. Who is Calling You?

2. Who is the Joint-Sponsor?

3. Do U have any pictures of you and ur wife?

I handed over a pile of pictures to the CO decorated very creatively with the sticky notes and stuff! ('') He was constantly typing on the Computer! Which was in-fact a scary part for me! ('')

4. Is this Love Marriage or Arrange Marriage?

5. Where does your wife Lives?

6. What does she do?

7. Which major city is close to her residence?

8. What is her DOB, I answered, and he said I knew U were never going to forget that! ('')

9. What is the name of the Petitioner Father's & Mother's name?

I answered all question smiling and while being confident enough to satisfy the CO, then he asked me for a moment and started typing an was going through the pictures at the very same moment, and liked the pictures too!

Then he handed over all my Original Docs which I submitted at the NVC.

Then he looked me into my eyes, and said ('')"The Case looks fine to me, CONGRATULATIONS, I am approving your Visa" in the exact same manner. I started smiling, Thanked God, and then the CO, and then I said to myself out loud, Yes! We did it wifey, and the CO started giggling. He kept my Passport with him. I Thanked him again, Your most welcome, and he said you will receive your Passport whith in 2 weeks and U will need to pay USCIS $165 before departing for USA! ('')

The status on CEAC until yesterday was showing Administrative Processing, and it has turned to ISSUED today! Thanks be to God!

I left the Embassy at 0815HRS, and took the shuttle back.

Good Luck to all those, who have their Interviews Scheduled!

Timeline

congratulations :) good luck in future xx

:wub: Married The Love Of My Life Aug 22, 2013 :wub:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

USCIS

Sep-14-2013: I-130 sent

Sep-17-2013: NOA1

Mar-04-2014: Case Transferred to CSC

Mar-21-2014: NOA2 :dancing:

Mar-27-2014: NOA2 Hard Copy

NVC

Apr-07-2014: NVC Received

Apr-28-2014: Requested For Expedite

May-06-2014: Case Number Assigned (Starting With ISL)

May-08-2014: Consulate Denied Expedite Request

May-09-2014: Email Received (Case Number Starting With LND) :wacko:

May-09-2014: Sent Email To NVC To Change Beneficiary's Consulate

May-12-2014: Received Email From NVC > Request For An Expedite Is Under Review WTH..! :? :blink:

May-22-2014: Expedite Request Denied AGAIN..!!

May-23-2014: Ds-261 Submitted

May-23-2014: AOS Fees Payed

June-03-2014: Reply from NVC - case change request under review

July-02-2014: FINALLY..!! NEW CASE NUMBER RECEIVED :dancing:

July-07-2014: IV fee invoiced & PAYED..!!

July-09-2014: IV fee showed payed & DS-260 Available

July-14-2014: IV Package mailed & DS-260 Submitted (scan date: July 18th)

July-15-2014: AOS package mailed (scan date: July 21st)

Sep-10-2014: IV packet reviewed and accepted..!

Sep-12-2014: CASE COMPLETED..! :dance:

Interview scheduled: 10-03-14

Interview Date: 11-13-14 @ 7:00am (Approved but need to submit a new passport & status=AP)

Nov-19-2014: Submitted new passport

Nov-23-2014: Status date updated but still shows AP

Nov-28-2014: VISA ISSUED

Dec-09-2014: POE - JFK- NY

Dec-15-2014: SS card in the mail

"Distance means so little when someone means so much."

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My Interview was scheduled for July 15th, 2014, at 0700HRS, I reached the Diplomatic Enclave shuttle service, ISL at 0530HRS, got my ticket for Executive Shuttle Service for PKRs. 500/- and handed over my mobile to the Mobile deposit services offered by the shuttle service.

The shuttle service started at 0625HRS, and the guards gathered us around the shuttle's security check, and he did a whole body search and checked the files & folders within the shuttle service building, and he let us in the Shuttle when it started raining heavily, and the entire atmosphere changed, and looked so pleasant. ('')

As soon as we reached the Diplomatic Enclave, all males were told to get down from the shuttle and start walking while the females sat inside the shuttle, we walked for about 2 minutes in presence of the guards, and then the shuttle picked us again. I don't know what that was, but it was disappointing.

I reached at the Embassy at 0655HRS, and was told to wait inside the shuttle until 0710HRS. Then we were let out of the Shuttle and we formed a line in front of the security check point.

The guard was forming one line, when it was my turn I told the guard that I am here for the Immigrant Visa, he formed another line for immigrants starting from me! ('')

I went through the security check and the Embassy's officer told me to pass through the Yellow (Immigrant Visa)Lane, and security guard saw my Interview Letter, & Passport and issued to me a token number which was xx1, then I went inside first and pass through another security check, which I removed all the metallic items like my belt, wrist watch, and my wallet etc, and sat inside the waiting area and was called by my token number for biometrics, and was sent to the counter number 5 where the Pakistani guy who talked in Urdu, asked about updated TAX returns of my spouse and the joint sponsor, then he asked about the language in which communication would be done with the CO, I said Urdu & was told to sit and wait for my turn.

Then I was called by the CO at Immigrant section interviews at counter number 7. I went to the counter, and a Urdu speaking female & a foreigner was waiting for me with an Urdu Oath, which was pretty difficult and I requested them to say my oath in English, then he sent the Urdu Lady back, and gave me the Oath in English, I recited the oath in English. The CO was were cool, cooperative, and supportive, & he was giggling and smiling with me throughout.

Then the Co started asking me questions:-

1. Who is Calling You?

2. Who is the Joint-Sponsor?

3. Do U have any pictures of you and ur wife?

I handed over a pile of pictures to the CO decorated very creatively with the sticky notes and stuff! ('') He was constantly typing on the Computer! Which was in-fact a scary part for me! ('')

4. Is this Love Marriage or Arrange Marriage?

5. Where does your wife Lives?

6. What does she do?

7. Which major city is close to her residence?

8. What is her DOB, I answered, and he said I knew U were never going to forget that! ('')

9. What is the name of the Petitioner Father's & Mother's name?

I answered all question smiling and while being confident enough to satisfy the CO, then he asked me for a moment and started typing an was going through the pictures at the very same moment, and liked the pictures too!

Then he handed over all my Original Docs which I submitted at the NVC.

Then he looked me into my eyes, and said ('')"The Case looks fine to me, CONGRATULATIONS, I am approving your Visa" in the exact same manner. I started smiling, Thanked God, and then the CO, and then I said to myself out loud, Yes! We did it wifey, and the CO started giggling. He kept my Passport with him. I Thanked him again, Your most welcome, and he said you will receive your Passport whith in 2 weeks and U will need to pay USCIS $165 before departing for USA! ('')

The status on CEAC until yesterday was showing Administrative Processing, and it has turned to ISSUED today! Thanks be to God!

I left the Embassy at 0815HRS, and took the shuttle back.

Good Luck to all those, who have their Interviews Scheduled!

Thats really nice, congratulations... and thanks for that detailed review of visa interview...

-----------USCIS--------------------

Dec 4, 2013: NOA1 I-130 Priority Date
Mar 5, 2014: NOA1 I-129f Priority Date
3 Service Requests, Lots of phone calls to tier 1 and tier 2, Info Pass, Congress Man, Emails to Nebraska and lots of frustration
Sep 10, 2014: NOA2 I-130 (After 9 months and 1 week)
Sep 11, 2014: NOA2 I-129f (After 6 months and 1 week)
Sep 26, 2014: I-130 Shipped to NVC
Oct 01, 2014: I-129f Shipped to NVC
------------NVC--------------------
Oct 08, 2014: I-130 Received at NVC
Oct 20, 2014: I-129f Received at NVC
Oct 20, 2014: Case # Assigned I-129f

Oct 28, 2014: Case # Assigned I-130
Oct 24, 2014: I-129f Case Sent to Islamabad Embassy

Oct 28, 2014: NVC Welcome Letter I-130 (via email)

Nov 08, 2014: Selected Agent
Nov 08, 2014: AOS Fee Paid Online ($120)

Dec 03, 2014: IV Invoice Email (AIVF FOR NEOPOST DS-1200)

Dec 08, 2014: IV Fee Paid Online ($325)

Dec 29, 2014: IV/AOS Packet received by NVC (FedEx confirmation)

--------Islamabad Embassy------------

Oct 28, 2014: Packet 3.5 (K3) Received (via email)

Nov 13, 2014: Documents Requested in Packet 3.5 (K3) Sent to ISLAMABAD Embassy

Dec 10, 2014: Got interview letter

Jan 06, 2015: Interview (Visa Approved)

Jan 08, 2015: Visa Issued (Online Status)

Jan 15, 2015: Paspport in hand via American Express

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.