Ana & Trey

NVC Lost Documents - Police Report

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello dear VJ membersl!

I am desperate here! Can anyone help?

So, we have sent both the AOS and IV packet. We received RFE for AOS and my husband already sent it on the 5th of July. The tracking number says it arrived on the 7th. When my husband called them, they said they cannot review the IV packet before the AOS is complete. Is that true?

Well, on the 9th of July we received another checklist saying the following:

F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:

The NVC has received the requested DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa Application. However, we are still waiting for the response to the checklist letter for the Affidavit of Support. Please return the requested information so that we may complete your case.

_10 - BRAZIL CIVIL POLICE CERTIFICATE:

Certificates of Good Conduct (Atestados de Bons Antecedentes) related to possible violations of state law are available to persons 18 years of age and older from the Secretaria de Seguranca Publica in each of Brazil's states. Because each state maintains a separate database of violations of state law, a prospective immigrant must obtain a separate record from the Secretaria de Seguranca Publica of each state in which he or she has resided within the past five years.

So, I called today and they said one of the police certificate is missing (because in Brazil we need to send 2 types, the civil and the federal), but I did send both with their respective translations. My husband even did a cover letter specifying all the documents. I told them I had sent both of them and the lady said she was going to ask for a verification in the IV packet. But they said above on the F item that only the AOS was missing to complete the case! I am so confused! Has it happened to anyone already in this group? If they said they need to complete the AOS before the IV, why are they asking for a police certificate I have already sent?

Thank you so much in advance for any comments on this issue.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How can you send your IV packet without the bar code cover sheet from NVC? I hope for your sake they did not loose some of your papers. I send my AOS papers after it showed payed on the NVC web site including the bar coded cover sheet. Now I am waiting for the IV invoice, then after that shows payed, I will send the IV papers with the NVC cover sheet. I think it is not good advice on VJ to tell people they can send both AOS and IV papers together. These are all originals and sometimes hard to get.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What? I sent both packet with the respective bar code sheet! I also included a cover letter describing all the documents. And I sent the AOS before the IV packet!

Where did you read I did not send the bar code sheet? I am not giving any advice here, but asking for some!

What happened is that they asked for RFE on the AOS packet a couple weeks ago and we already submitted what they had asked for.

Everything is in due manner according to the NVC instructions!

My only concern now is they say they don'tt have one of my police reports which was in the IV packet sent.

For your information, even if you send both packets separetely, which I did, they say it is around 30 business days to review each. Their instructions don't say to wait for that time to submitt the IV packet, so both of the packets arrive about one week apart from each other. What ran over the slot was the RFE.

Thank you!

Hello, to my understanding they usually issue a false checklist for the other packet when you submit them. However, I would call NVC and ask about the police certificates, I know it takes about 30 days for each packet to be review but each packet is independent. I don't think they wait to verify your rfe in order to check your IV package.

I stand to be corrected. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.