Percival504

Sorry to annoy, but how long does it typically take from interview to visa?

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
"Please post some pictures so we can all be in awe and envy."
I'd rather see pictures of the men. All the Russian ladies are beautiful, it's just a question of how much of a sacrifice the Russian lady made. Sorry for being cynical.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's funny..... and true!

:yes:

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Aw Shucks! I'm a still pickin and grinnin putting that ole 129 together so I can get it in the mail next week...can't imagine having to worry about buying those ole expenive clothes and that platium credit card and lookin at a bunch of ugly men as of yet...i'm just a pore white trash uneducated redneck hillbilly.. we buy our clothes at the local Dollar General...hope i get all them words spelled correctly on all those documents..reckon ? :help:

bruc

Yes, much of what you have written is correct, and my Fiancee is not likely to have any problems getting her American Visa (or any other visa for that matter) -- and yes, if she does have any problems, I will have any army of Senators and Congressmen (and women) to assist (many have already said that we will do whatever is necessary).

I refrained from any text but as John had said this need to be done. Your kick ### credentials need to be verified!!! I think you live in a trailer and your girl from Russia never has seen a microwave! I may be wrong but I sense in your text the "Little Man" affect of a Man with either a small ####### or small wallet who wants to impress everyone. Sorry but you made no friends.

NOW LETS GET DOWN TO SENATORS AND CONGRESS MAN:))))

You are in Luck!!!!! Since you are well known to this community of Governing Senators, I would love to pass your complaints to my Senator!!!

You See, I'm a Systems Administrator and Project Manger for all Information Systems Projects in the City of St. Paul. I've known Senator Norm Coleman from his term here as Mayor of St. Paul and of course his successful campaign to the Senate. I would be glad to pass your name and the problems you may find to him? Would you like that? Seems you need to show off to some other field as many here may have much more money and exposure than you. But We don't BRAG!!!!

Please let me know where Norm can send a reply.

Have a great day:))))

PS> Make Money! Make Love! And Shut up!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Your kick as$ credentials need to be verified!!! I think you live in a trailer and your girl from Russia never has seen a microwave! I may be wrong but I sense in your text the "Little Man" affect of a Man with either a small ####### or small wallet who wants to impress everyone. Sorry but you made no friends.
I tend to agree, because there is one thing missing to his story. Why hasn't he hired a lawyer to do worry about this process? I mean the "company" is willing to pay for all the extras like first class tickets, hotels, and visa fees. Wouldn't legal work be more important? No man of that much money wastes his time on a public board asking how to do a "do it yourself" fiancee visa petition. Your time is just too expensive to waste on these trivial matters.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I think my fiancee should get an interview in late May or very early June based on the VJ Timelines. The problem is, I actually have to be in Paris for a trade mission 06/18 - 06/24. I wondering whether she will get her K1 visa in time (assuming she interviews sometime between May 24 and June 7) to get her K1 visa. We will then meet in Paris (she will get a tourist or transit visa to France) and return to the USA together from there. The thing is, I really want to be with her at POE -- I don't want her to have any problems and if she does I want to be there to help. Any thoughts are appreciated in advance of course.
My (now) wife was told the day of the interview she would get the visa, and I think it was available at the local DHL office either the following day, or the day after that.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It seems like the process has slowed up AK, My former fiancee had her interview about the same time your wife did and everyone could pick it up at the main DHL office the day after the interview. That seemed to be standard operating procedures then but now I don't read about anyone getting one that quickly. From what I read a week seems to be about normal.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline

Updates are most necessary....

The OP has been on here without answering the questions in my post. Whether he does or not, I don't really care, but it would definitely narrow down the margins in his grandiose tale.

Really, I hope it's all true; that he wears Armani suits while brokering international aircraft deals for EADS/Northrop, and his six-language speaking fiancee wears Prada dresses while driving her brand-new Saab, all the while rubbing elbows with Senators and Congressman. It's awesome that someone with that kind of loot would still be down to earth enough to get on an internet website and figure out how to do a bunch of legal paperwork all by themselves. I have hope for America yet! There is still common sense out there.

To corroborate his story though, he did post before about staying in a five-star hotel with his fiancee and eating at the nice restaurants there while visiting Moscow. So, maybe he really does have that kind of money. There are plenty of you out there that do; you flew to Moscow to be with your S/Os or flew them here first class or bought them new cars or whatever. Why should this guy be any different?

Not knocking anyone here, just saying, sometimes on VJ there are posters that make their personal lives sound a bit more fascinating than they really are. Maybe that's what he did. Or, maybe his life really is fascinating! Sure wish mine was. Until then, I'm just going to sit here in my little one b/r apartment and enjoy the things that make me rich.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Updates are most necessary....

The OP has been on here without answering the questions in my post. Whether he does or not, I don't really care, but it would definitely narrow down the margins in his grandiose tale.

Really, I hope it's all true; that he wears Armani suits while brokering international aircraft deals for EADS/Northrop, and his six-language speaking fiancee wears Prada dresses while driving her brand-new Saab, all the while rubbing elbows with Senators and Congressman. It's awesome that someone with that kind of loot would still be down to earth enough to get on an internet website and figure out how to do a bunch of legal paperwork all by themselves. I have hope for America yet! There is still common sense out there.

To corroborate his story though, he did post before about staying in a five-star hotel with his fiancee and eating at the nice restaurants there while visiting Moscow. So, maybe he really does have that kind of money. There are plenty of you out there that do; you flew to Moscow to be with your S/Os or flew them here first class or bought them new cars or whatever. Why should this guy be any different?

Not knocking anyone here, just saying, sometimes on VJ there are posters that make their personal lives sound a bit more fascinating than they really are. Maybe that's what he did. Or, maybe his life really is fascinating! Sure wish mine was. Until then, I'm just going to sit here in my little one b/r apartment and enjoy the things that make me rich.

Slim, Many should envy what you have! To be rich in life is a better reward than anything tangible.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I have already apologized for my arrogance. What I really love about this board is that many people have ignored my boorish behavior and still answered the question. I cannot thank you enough for your help.

Slim, what questions did you ask? After everyone got so upset, I decided to apologize and leave it alone -- no offense was intended.

I am a corporate lawyer who ended up in real estate development. I emphasize, I was a corporate, not immigration lawyer. The question I asked was practical, not legal. I have hired an attorney in Russia, but he hasn't been very helpful since getting paid. In any event, all the research in the world doesn't mean a thing compared to the real world experience available on this board.

I am somewhat ashamed that I came off as bragging. And to be clear -- the "awe and envy" comment was not mine. One of the other members said: "please post a picture of your fiancee so that we can all be in shock and awe [i am paraphrasing]". My response was that, I have seen other members' wives and fiancees and they are all beautiful. Moreover, my fiancee is not a toy or possession; I don't try to impress people with pictures of her. Whether anyone else is in awe or envy is of no moment -- she is the most beautiful and amazing woman in the world to me.

As for the offer of the Senator's help -- thanks, really, but I do business in several states and while I have never worked on anyone's campaign, these people are close personal friends (I help raise money, that's it) -- I do not mention names because it is not appropriate at a certain level. My good friend Senator "..." is not going to be impressed that I dropped his/her name on an immigration message Board to prove a useless point and in the event that my good friends were to learn of such behavior, I'd be on the outs pretty quick.

In truth, I come from a family lacking in resources and I have done well -- I think sometimes I overcompensate for insecurities. But I have lead a blessed life, and what I "bragged" about here is nothing compared to the blessings I have received in this life. Because I have been so fortunate, I am truly sorry if I offended anyone else. Again, I apologize to all. I did not think that I would offend so many people.

Timeline

Welcome back Percival504, I'm happy to see that you've come back to the forum to stand your ground. A lot of times someone will post something on VJ, get blasted, and never return. Good on you!

The questions I had in my post were regarding your work/foreign wife situation. Basically, I was just asking if you've talked with your superiors (or if you're a contractor or whatever, however your situation is set up) about the outcome of marrying a foreign national with regards to your security clearance or the ability to work on certain projects. Also, I was offering for the sake of argument that maybe you were glamourizing the necessity of having your fiancee with you at this international trade deal, when the brass of your organization were merely getting a free trip to Paris for their fat wives, on the company's dime.

I don't know, maybe I'm off-base here, but it seemed to me in your OP that you were presenting a Hollywood/James Bond type scenario for what appeared to be a run-of-the-mill international trade deal, albeit a high level deal, but still just a normal business meeting of sorts. I don't know what your situation is, and maybe you do need to shmooze your clients with a gorgeous and worldly beauty, it just seemed to me that you were throwing it out there to impress the guys when your post could've been a simple: "How long does it take for the girl to get the visa after the interview?" Either way, no biggy. Glad to see that you're back on here, and back posting. This is only your 5th post or something like that, so we're all still learning your personality too. You've related above that you're not trying to brag or anything like that, and that's cool. I think a lot of the guys on here (myself included) thought you were jumping into the forum with the attitude of "hey, look at me, I'm rich and handsome and tour the world with gorgeous women while entertaining government officials and brokering multi-national deals." Which in reality is probably not that far from the truth, or at least a truth-based statement. That's fine, (and hats off to you!) you just kind of stepped in a little to overzealously.

That said, welcome to the Russia forum, I look forward to many more posts from you. You seem to have a lot to offer the group, as we have a lot to offer you too. I'm sure as we get to know you a little more, and you get to know us, we'll better appreciate how you're going about obtaining the info you need to complete your VJ process. Good Luck!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Slim, you are absolutely correct. I am no James Bond. I am just beggining to do all of this stuff (well this is just my third year at it) so maybe I haven't learned to be classy enough to know the difference between bragging and just giving necessary info. Again, I apologize to all and do hope that everyone understands that I never said that everyone would be in awe and envy of my fiancee (John and Anna asked me to post pictures so that everyone could be in "awe and envy"). Thanks for the friendship and thank you to everyone else, including John and Anna, for reminding me to have a little class.

I am sorry that I offended so many, but most of the comments stink of envy. I'm not going to respond to anymore comments, I only came back because Slim has been so kind. If anyone else is willing to forgive and forget great, if not... and Brad, if I needed the help of a Senator, I would choose one of my friends who has been in office for more than one term. But, really, I appreciate the offer and hats off to Norm for his new appointment to the High Tech Task Force.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I am sorry that I offended so many, but most of the comments stink of envy.
Wow! You sound so sincere and contrite, and worth of admiration for your admissions - and then you blow it. What a cad.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I am sorry that I offended so many, but most of the comments stink of envy.
Wow! You sound so sincere and contrite, and worth of admiration for your admissions - and then you blow it. What a cad.

Cheers!

AKDiver

and Brad, if I needed the help of a Senator, I would choose one of my friends who has been in office for more than one term.

:huh:

We forgive you - just stick to some questions... It is helpful to us all. How and what one does to move his case forward. I was blasted originally for adding a letter to my RFE. The poster slammed me that an Immigration Officer would spend an extra 2 minutes reading a letter and not spend those 2 minutes on someone else.

However if you have the ear of a senator let us know how it worked(s) out I am sure some of us may know a top aid for Ashcroft and Alito and it did them squat – political suicide today or a customer that went to school with the Ambassador to Russia – squat. Because some of us know already a senator can only do inquiries that may just cause your file to accidentally fall into a trash can. A newspaper would love to get a hold of somebody pulling strings today for an immigration matter. We all wish good luck on your journey. Tell us about it. Tell us about the 12 hour layovers and lost luggage your paper are not in order etc. We can do without “six-language speaking fiancée wears Prada dresses while driving her brand-new Saab, all the while rubbing elbows with Senators and Congressman.” Be real without the gold plating. Need to brag tell your friends at the bar.

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.