chaves

Days to get my visa

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ members, i just got a call from my fiancee that he already booked my flight to US. My interview date is on July 23 and my flight is on July 29, you think i will have my visa before the 29th because i still need to go to CFO to get my sticker since i will be having my CFO seminar this friday.

Thanks VJ's

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The general forum recommendation is to NOT make ANY non-refundable/non-changeable plans/reservations before you have your approved visa, in your passport, in your hand. You may be lucky, you may not.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

your fiance should have waited till you have your passport and approve visa with you before he book a flight for you. God only knows if you pass or no. my deepest pray that you pass your interview!when you pass it tooks only 1 week to get your passport/visa.gudluck to you and wish you all the best.

-cecile-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello VJ's.. my interview date is on July 23. My fiancee booked me a ticket on the 29th of July. How long does it take to get my visa at 2go branch after my interview?

Thanks

It depends on the outcome. Some appications go into AP status for a few days or weeks after the interview. All visas are not issued within such a short period of time.

You should work to get your CFO out of the way quick to. Hopefully even before your visa interview.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ members, i just got a call from my fiancee that he already booked my flight to US. My interview date is on July 23 and my flight is on July 29, you think i will have my visa before the 29th because i still need to go to CFO to get my sticker since i will be having my CFO seminar this friday.

Thanks VJ's

Since you mention CFO, then your interview is at Manila. If you live in Manila or near Manila you can request that you pick up the Visa 2GO location in Manila. I am not familiar where exactly to pick it up, but from what I understand you can typically get it in about three days after it is issued by the Embassy.

However, you are cutting the process very close. If you are approved at the interview, the Embassy still takes a few days for processing of the Visa (final administrative work, printing of the visa, attaching into the passport, etc) and it goes into a status "Administrative Processing". In our case (interview was in June) this took about six days, then the visa took about 4 days to be received from 2Go (north of Manila). If you can reschedule the flight, I would push it out at least a week...

Sometimes cases are put into administrative processing for unusually long periods of time so you never really know.

Edited by _Paul&Jesica_

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Yes, i am scheduled tomorrow at the CFO

Well you're doing what you can to make that flight then. Its possible if everything goes your way. Good luck.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

I am going to wait until my fiancée has the visa in her hand then I will schedule her flight, but that's just me.

And as far picking up the visa, my fiance is going to pick hers up the location is at Mall of Asia (SM CITY MALL OF ASIA, Seaside Blvd, Pasay City, Philippines) for interviews at Manila.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Edited by derrickmichille

I am the petitioner

I- 129f packet sent Jan 11 2014

Noa 1 Jan 15 2014

Alien registration number changed Jan 16 2014

NOA 2 June 16 2014 email and text

USCIS shipped petition to NVC June 19 2014 (Website update)

NOA 2 June 20 2014 Hard Copy Received

NVC case number received (via phone) July 1 2014

NVC forward petition to the embassy July 3 2014

consulate received petition July 8 2014

consulate received hard copy of petition(CEAC website update) July 15 2014

passed medical (took one day fiancee got there at 4:00am finished at 4:30pm) July 22 2014

CFO completed certificate issued (fiancee said people were very nice process very easy) July 30th 2014!!

Interview date scheduled for September 10th 2014!!

Interview approved!!!

Visa issued!! CEAC website September 16 2014!!

Visa received on September 18 2014 yeah!!!

POE September 21 2014!!! Yeeees!!! What a journey!!!!

Wedding day!! October 16 2014!!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hmmm.. will see what will happen then i guess just hope for the best to come out.

Based on what I have read, when you pick up your visa at 2Go SM MOA, you save a day or two.. Delivery is like 10 days. With your flight schedule, you need to make sure everything you do, from CFO to making sure your files at your interview are all complete so you can fly on the 29th.

In my opinion, it is best to book a flight when you have your visa, and not before you have the visa. Thats just my opinion. Dont get me wrong.

Timeline

Yes, i explained that to him. It is just a sort of luck for us. He even told me that i actually have 5 days to get my visa at hand which are 23,24,2528,29.. i leave 29th in the evening.. well, we will just hope and pray we will be lucky this time.. thank you VJ's..is there any member here who got their visa within 3 days?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.