sweetswinks

Interview questions about U.S. visits

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Anybody had any further questions regarding previous trips to usa prior to meeting your spouse?

I ask because my intervie at the Sydney U.S. consulate is in 12 days and I have visited the U.S. when I was 18 - 23 years old, 5 times over a 5 year period prior to meeting my fiancé because i was visiting friends there.

Any advice or feedback?

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

Hello everyone!

Anybody had any further questions regarding previous trips to usa prior to meeting your spouse?

I ask because my intervie at the Sydney U.S. consulate is in 12 days and I have visited the U.S. when I was 18 - 23 years old, 5 times over a 5 year period prior to meeting my fiancé because i was visiting friends there.

Any advice or feedback?

Sweetswinks,

We were asked how we met, and my spouse was asked some questions about her medical exam (we're nearly 60, and she has high blood pressure and a metal device closing up a hole in her heart).

That's all we were asked. Period. We were not asked any specifics about her travel to the US. She's traveled to the US about 6 times on the Visa Waiver Program in the last 5 years.

It was the easiest interview we've ever had!!!

Sukie

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Sweetswinks,

We were asked how we met, and my spouse was asked some questions about her medical exam (we're nearly 60, and she has high blood pressure and a metal device closing up a hole in her heart).

That's all we were asked. Period. We were not asked any specifics about her travel to the US. She's traveled to the US about 6 times on the Visa Waiver Program in the last 5 years.

It was the easiest interview we've ever had!!!

Sukie

Ah, great! Thanks Sukie! I've read many times that Sydney is an easy one, we have all of our paperwork ready to go. I am getting pre-interview jitters!

Timeline

Sydney is easy. I was asked how many times I had been to the US (5x) and if I ever overstay (no) but no further questioning about it.

Timeline

Thank you for all the replies! I am relieved to say the least :) 10 more days!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I interviewed in Sydney at the end of May.

Since meeting my 'now husband' :) in November of 2012, I had visited 3 times using the VWP, each time for 88 days. And 1 unrelated 'vacation' trip back in 2008.

I was asked the longest length of time I had visited for, and I'm assuming this was just to verify that I had never overstayed the 90 day max, and that was all.

The staff there are extremely nice and you will be nervous, as I was - But so long as you're genuine and honest, you have nothing to worry about :)

Good luck with the interview! It's a fantastic stage to be at - Next stop USA! :D

11/06/2012 - First met online

05/28/2013 - First met physically

10/15/2013 - Proposed :wub:

01/25/2014 - I-129F application lodged

*NO RFE! Thanks VJ* good.gif

05/27/2014 - Interview - Approved

06/18/2014 - Visa in hand

06/24/2014 - Arrived in the United States on the K1 visa!

07/01/2014 - Got married! (L)

08/06/2014 - Mailed AOS application

09/10/2014 - Biometrics appt

11/21/2014 - EAD and AP combo card in hand

12/16/2014 - Interview attended and application approved! :thumbs:

12/26/2014 - Green card in hand

09/27/2016 - Mailed ROC application

09/29/2016 - ROC application received by USCIS

10/03/2016 - NOA in hand! :)

11/07/2016 - Biometrics completed

03/15/2018 - ROC Approved! *No RFE or Interview! Thanks VJ* :thumbs:

04/06/2018 - 10 year GC in hand (With incorrect 'Resident Since' date - Filed SR online 'Typographical Error' with USCIS)

04/19/2018 - Email received from USCIS instructing me to return my GC for expedited correction - Mailed out today

Thank you VJ and all of the active posters... You guys have helped, and continue to help us so much! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.