16 posts in this topic

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures~~

4-8 months normally.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I can recommend that you fill out a timeline, a great feature for a number of reasons, and add your service center, date of filing and date of first notification. A estimated date of approval will be calculated based on current history for that center. I might not be perfect, but it is a date range you can start to deal with

Edited by Rob L

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Welcome and get comfortable because you may have a long wait. While waiting, become familiar with the next stage of the process and join recent filers in the newest filer thread to keep updated. Good luck on your journey! :)

Our Visa Journey(s)

K-1 Visa
01/15/2013 - Sent I-129F overnight via Fedex
07/17/2013 - Sent to London
*** Abandoned K1 Visa route due to wedding plans that could NOT be changed**

07/27/2013 - Married in TX!!

CR-1 Visa
09/12/2013 - Sent I-130 overnight via Fedex
09/18/2013 - NOA1 - E-mail and text - Sent to NBC Overland Park
03/03/2014 - Case Transferred to CSC
03/27/2014 - NOA2 - E-mail and text - APPROVED!!!
04/04/2014 - NVC Received

05/05/2014 - Case Number & IIN Assigned

05/08/2014 - Submitted DS-261

05/10/2014 - AOS Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/13/2014 - AOS Package Received/Fee withdrawn (Scanned on 5/15) - Happy bday to me! :)

05/14/2014 - AOS Shows as PAID

05/19/2014 - IV Available/Paid/Sent Package

05/20/2014 - IV Fee withdrawn/Shows as PAID/DS-260 Available & Submitted

05/21/2014 - IV Package Received (Scanned on 5/23)

06/13/2014 - AOS Approved

06/26/2014 - CASE COMPLETE!!! (Confirmed by call, AOS changed to N/A)

07/10/2014 - Interview date assigned!!!! (August 19th)

07/11/2014 - Received Interview letter via e-mail

07/21/2014 - Hubby's medical (Passed!)/E-mail sent to embassy requesting earlier date

07/23/2014 - Interview rescheduled!!

08/04/2014 - INTERVIEW IN LONDON!! - APPROVED!!!!! :luv:

08/12/2014 - VISA IN HAND!!

08/30/2014 - POE in Houston!!

352 days from filing to POE

*Full timeline in profile

Removal of Conditions (I-751)

07/07/2016 - Sent I-751 overnight via USPS

07/08/2016 - CSC received & NOA1

07/21/2016 - Biometrics letter received
07/25/2016 - Walk-in Biometrics Appt (Org. appt - 8/2)

"Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars."

- Gilbert Parker

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Three months is an entirely unrealistic if not impossible expectation. It's more likely that it will take 5-7 months as others have suggested. Your attorney is either lying or completely incompetent. It's a bad start.

Unless you are bad with filling out forms or not good with details an attorney is not necessary. Also, since they essentially a middleman, this will slow the processing time because everything has to go through them before it gets sent out. All you need to know is on this site. I hired someone to help me with the visa process and more than once, he was wrong and the collective wisdom of Visa Journey was right. If you have a question you can get it here!

On a personal note our visa was issued last night! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup...agree with everyone else here...your lawyer is smokin' crack or something...UNLESS...you're going for expedited processing because your wife is living in the Typhoon affected area(s). If not, don't even try for expedited. I have seen some cases get through USCIS quite fast - non-expedited. Seems that newer petitions for Filipinos are being expedited. But, don't get your hopes up too high. We filed the I130 in January - then a K3 in February. Luckily, our K3 went through and we just got an appoint last night for July 25th. Our K3 was approved in two months.

USCIS will usually take 5 - 6 months. Then, your case goes to NVC - another 3 - 4 months. Then, it goes to the Embassy in Manila. Figure 2 months. Generally, IR1/CR1 immigration takes a year.

It's a long wait!!! But, you're young - you and yours will have a whole life in front of you.

Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Spamming post removed, any further post as such will result in suspension~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As I have repeated many times, Rob L says it best, before posting, fill in your timeline! And so many,.,think it is a non-issue, well in this post, if we knew when he applied, from what city,..,.,etc.,. it would help so much!

Looks like CSC, if so.,,..it could be 3-6 months, if all goes well, but if "the Philipppines is not taken into account, then looks like at least 5-8 months, at least!

Hope you are at CSC, if they do this petition, as I have only done a K-1.,.,., Good luck and God's speed!

• 1 month later...

Three months is an entirely unrealistic if not impossible expectation. It's more likely that it will take 5-7 months as others have suggested. Your attorney is either lying or completely incompetent. It's a bad start.

Unless you are bad with filling out forms or not good with details an attorney is not necessary. Also, since they essentially a middleman, this will slow the processing time because everything has to go through them before it gets sent out. All you need to know is on this site. I hired someone to help me with the visa process and more than once, he was wrong and the collective wisdom of Visa Journey was right. If you have a question you can get it here!

On a personal note our visa was issued last night! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

My lawyer said 3 months but we ended up getting the petition approved in less than 2 months time. :)

Yup...agree with everyone else here...your lawyer is smokin' crack or something...UNLESS...you're going for expedited processing because your wife is living in the Typhoon affected area(s). If not, don't even try for expedited. I have seen some cases get through USCIS quite fast - non-expedited. Seems that newer petitions for Filipinos are being expedited. But, don't get your hopes up too high. We filed the I130 in January - then a K3 in February. Luckily, our K3 went through and we just got an appoint last night for July 25th. Our K3 was approved in two months.

USCIS will usually take 5 - 6 months. Then, your case goes to NVC - another 3 - 4 months. Then, it goes to the Embassy in Manila. Figure 2 months. Generally, IR1/CR1 immigration takes a year.

It's a long wait!!! But, you're young - you and yours will have a whole life in front of you.

Good Luck!

Took less than 2 months. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.