lilsadie

Melbourne Visa Medical Review.

15 posts in this topic

I had my medical today in Post Melbourne at Bridge Rd Clinic.

I arrived at 9am and was asked to provide my 3 photos and passport. I filled out some very basic paper work (There was a lot of it though) and was seen by the Doc with in minutes of finishing.

The Doc was warm but not really friendly, I felt comfortable with him though and he did smile a couple of times!

First he ran through some questions with me, Basic stuff like if I'd ever had TB, metal health issues, drug use, etc.

He asked me my age a couple of times and the same questions rephrased in different ways to see if I was lying maybe? He also had pretty intense eye contact and watched my every word...

He then got a nurse to witness while he did a physical exam. He felt under my arms, groin, checked my skin, tummy and that was it. I thought he would do a breast exam but nope!

He asked for my vaccination records which I didn't have so he said that I should just just everything that was required. I had 3 shots, Flu, Rubella and tetanus.

He also had to write down tattoo's that I had. He wrote a description and the placement of them down. This took ages as I am pretty heavily tattoo's. He also said it will not affect the medical if i got more before I leave (i thought maybe it would be an issue?

I then went and got a chest X-ray. Then a nurse came and got me and drew blood for std(?) test.

I had to wait for the next nurse for 1 hour which was annoying. I got all my shots and then I was done!

All up the cost was $580 for the examination and 3 shots.

I have to go and pick it up in 5-7 days! DONE!!!

It really was a quick, easy process. I was so stressed about it but it was easy!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks so much for this. My fiance is having his done this Friday. We didn't know about the tattoo thing... what was the reason for that btw?

Glad to hear it was easier than you thought!

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Thanks so much for this. My fiance is having his done this Friday. We didn't know about the tattoo thing... what was the reason for that btw?

Im not sure? Maybe about infection diseases from needles? Maybe he didnt like them? Lol No idea!

Is he in Melbourne? The main things he seemed to be focused on were mental health, drug use and TB. The rest he didnt seem to care about!

Timeline

Im not sure? Maybe about infection diseases from needles? Maybe he didnt like them? Lol No idea!

Is he in Melbourne? The main things he seemed to be focused on were mental health, drug use and TB. The rest he didnt seem to care about!

I had my medical on Monday (2 days ago) and the doctor told me they have to ask about my tattoo's for purposes of identifying me :)

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

I had my medical on Monday (2 days ago) and the doctor told me they have to ask about my tattoo's for purposes of identifying me :)

ok. that's what I thought, grim as that is. :/

Yes, he lives in Melbourne and is going to Bridge St. Early Friday appt there.

I will be glad when it's done.

Timeline

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense! Good luck to him on Friday! Its super easy going and everyone is really relaxed! Its just bloody expensive! Is his interview coming up?

lol- yea he is out getting the cash right now actually. :)

And no, our packet just got to the embassy so we are just waiting on the email.

lol- yea he is out getting the cash right now actually. :)

And no, our packet just got to the embassy so we are just waiting on the email.

To Sydney?

It should be quick from here. I waited about 2 weeks from NOA2 to get my interview. Mind you, the interview was in 2 months time...

You guys know that your visa is only valid for the length of your medical right? So if your interview is in 2 months you will only have 4 months from that day to adjust status in the USA?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

To Sydney?

It should be quick from here. I waited about 2 weeks from NOA2 to get my interview. Mind you, the interview was in 2 months time...

You guys know that your visa is only valid for the length of your medical right? So if your interview is in 2 months you will only have 4 months from that day to adjust status in the USA?

incorrect..

i had my medical 2 months prior to my interview since i was worried i wouldnt get an appointment in time etc. i was a bit of an eager beaver doing everything ahead of time. Got my visa on monday after having an interview the week before. My visa expiry is 6 months from the date it was issued.. so end of december.. not 6 months from when my medical was

Timeline

Either way, we are gonna get married right away and file for AOS right away too bc he really wants to start working. It's gonna drive him crazy as it is waiting for the EAD. :)

Timeline

My fiance had his medical in Melbourne today at the Bridge Street Clinic, Port Melbourne. He wanted me to pass along the details. :)

He said that there is parallel parking coming off City Rd, turn Right onto Bridge St, just past the roundabout there are spots that are not time restricted or cost anything to park there.

His appt was at 8:30 am. He arrived 30 minutes early and says he is quite glad he did due to the amount of paperwork.

The receptionist took his passport, passport photos and immunizations records. She confirmed his name and handed him back his passport.

He then was given about 10 pages of paperwork along with a template showing which parts he needed to complete, which he said made it very easy and straightforward.

After turning in the paperwork, he waited about 30 min then had the chest xray. He said that at each step, he had to show the staff member his passport.

After the xray, he returned to the waiting room.

Then had blood work, 1 vial.

Then he waited in a room for the doctor. The doctor went through and verbally asked all the same questions from the paperwork, looking him in the eyes the whole time.

My fiance says he was very serious the whole time, although he got him to smile twice when the light to look in his eyes and ears didn't turn on and needed new batteries.

He then had to undress. Doctor poked around, and he did record his tattoos.

Then he got dressed and was sent to a back room to wait for the nurse. She checked his weight, height, and did a vision test (reading the chart on the wall). Then she gave him the rest of the required vaccines.

Then he was done and out to the receptionist to pay, in total was $520, 2 vaccines given. He also was able to choose whether to pick up the records or have then sent by express post.

All in all, he thinks it went well and was easier than what he thought it would be.

I am very glad it's done!

Edited by aruadha

My fiance had his medical in Melbourne today at the Bridge Street Clinic, Port Melbourne. He wanted me to pass along the details. :)

He said that there is parallel parking coming off City Rd, turn Right onto Bridge St, just past the roundabout there are spots that are not time restricted or cost anything to park there.

His appt was at 8:30 am. He arrived 30 minutes early and says he is quite glad he did due to the amount of paperwork.

The receptionist took his passport, passport photos and immunizations records. She confirmed his name and handed him back his passport.

He then was given about 10 pages of paperwork along with a template showing which parts he needed to complete, which he said made it very easy and straightforward.

After turning in the paperwork, he waited about 30 min then had the chest xray. He said that at each step, he had to show the staff member his passport.

After the xray, he returned to the waiting room.

Then had blood work, 1 vial.

Then he waited in a room for the doctor. The doctor went through and verbally asked all the same questions from the paperwork, looking him in the eyes the whole time.

My fiance says he was very serious the whole time, although he got him to smile twice when the light to look in his eyes and ears didn't turn on and needed new batteries.

He then had to undress. Doctor poked around, and he did record his tattoos.

Then he got dressed and was sent to a back room to wait for the nurse. She checked his weight, height, and did a vision test (reading the chart on the wall). Then she gave him the rest of the required vaccines.

Then he was done and out to the receptionist to pay, in total was $520, 2 vaccines given. He also was able to choose whether to pick up the records or have then sent by express post.

All in all, he thinks it went well and was easier than what he thought it would be.

I am very glad it's done!

Thats awesome!!! Im a little worried that they didnt record my height, weight, etc now. Also no eye test... Maybe I should call them?

Timeline

Thats awesome!!! Im a little worried that they didnt record my height, weight, etc now. Also no eye test... Maybe I should call them?

I wouldn't stress too much about it. Maybe they recorded it from other paperwork?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

One of the things the doctor needs to do is to assure the embassy that the person presented for the medical is the same person who applied for the visa. I guess that is why they are so specific about the tattoos.

The doctor was smart to get a female assistant in the room before touching a female patient. This practice protects both good patients from bad doctors and good doctors from bad patients.

I am glad it all went well. Don't worry about what he did not examine, as that is the embassy's problem and not yours. If the doctor passes you, then you are done no matter what he may have missed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.