JRF

POE at LAX - No Problems

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife arrived at LAX last night - no problems. Just over an hour to get from her seat on the plane and outside of customs. She thought everyone was polite and professional (at least, until we got out into traffic).

Anyways, now that the visa journey is largely over (removing conditions and citizenship should not be that difficult) we can focus on the long-term and critical work of a healthy marriage together, under the same roof. Having been married once before, I know it isn't easy but done right it's a wonderful thing. I didn't think our visa journey would be 18 months but I always knew that was the easy part. Relieved it's over and ready to move on.

Best of luck to all who follow.

Jim & Nhu

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife arrived at LAX last night - no problems. Just over an hour to get from her seat on the plane and outside of customs. She thought everyone was polite and professional (at least, until we got out into traffic).

Anyways, now that the visa journey is largely over (removing conditions and citizenship should not be that difficult) we can focus on the long-term and critical work of a healthy marriage together, under the same roof. Having been married once before, I know it isn't easy but done right it's a wonderful thing. I didn't think our visa journey would be 18 months but I always knew that was the easy part. Relieved it's over and ready to move on.

Best of luck to all who follow.

Jim & Nhu

Many congrats! When they send the visa and passport, is it like a courier service (similar to UPS) sign and deliver or is it a postman (USPS) drop off at the front door? The reason I'm asking is because I plan on being there for my wife's interview and flying back together.

Thanks!

AWEOME!!

CONGRATS!!

K1 Visa

Service Center : Texas Service Center

I-129F ApplicationSent: 2014-01-02

I-129F status: 2014-01-08 Alien Registration Number was changed

I-129F NOA1: 2014-01-10

I-129F RFE(s): 2014-03-12 (additional evidence requested - to be married within 90 days)

RFE Reply(s): 2014-03-27 (sent evidence as requested)

RFE Reply(s): 2014-03-31 (RFE package received)

I-129F NOA2: 2014-04-03 = APPROVED (emailed & Text), letter send from TSC

I-129F NOA2: 2014-04-08 = received APPROVED letter

I-129F NOA2: 2014-04-09 = received email+text shipped approved case to DoS-NVC for visa processing

I-129F NVC: 2014-04-23 = "READY" status at NVC

I-129F USC-HCMC: 2014-05-27: Letter Received!!!! (aka: pkg #3)(sent by USC-HCMC on 2014-05-21)

I-129F DS-160: 2014-05-27: DS160 e-form completed/submitted & receipt - paid fee

I-129F K1 VISA: 2014-07-25: Interview appointment & VISA APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.