saddlepatch

What does this mean? Anyone have experience with this?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know if this will help you at all, but I had my police check and finger prints done before my I-130 was approved. Not sure if that helped move it along, but anything is better then waiting. I wanted to make sure that they knew who i was and If they needed more info I already had it on hand. Ready to go. Just in case. Good luck and best wishes.

Filed: Timeline

All petitions are background checked when received, Condors, Mantis FBI etc

a simple name hit can slow it down, they have to get the 411 on that name from

whatever agency deals with the hit, until they receive an answer U have to wait,

it has nothing to do with petitioner unless he/she had a case that fell under Adam Walsh

act...no Senator can speed up this process...U have to just wait

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Canadian Citizen matters because the beneficiary can enter the United States as a visitor without a visa. The beneficiary couldn't do that if he was from the Philippines.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can seek entry without a visa, as can many others. Not just Canadians.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I got the similar response , no criminal history for both petitioner and beneficiary , also beneficiar is from. Low risk country. Really don't know why we got this

I got the similar response , no criminal history for both petitioner and beneficiary , also beneficiar is from. Low risk country. Really don't know why we got this

I'm sorry, India is not a low fraud country.

OP thank you for answering my question. Strangely enough it does matter where your family is from originally in some cases. That entrance denial in 2009 doesn't matter one bit however. Even a ban wouldn't matter until interview. It's also likely the petitioner is going through more name checks than normal. I also see you're going through Nebraska Service Center.... They are VERY slow. :( That was horrible luck of the draw. Don't hesitate to get the petitioner's congressman involved. There are many posts on here about people doing just that, including Darnell (he doesn't do PMs however.)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry, India is not a low fraud country.

OP thank you for answering my question. Strangely enough it does matter where your family is from originally in some cases. That entrance denial in 2009 doesn't matter one bit however. Even a ban wouldn't matter until interview. It's also likely the petitioner is going through more name checks than normal. I also see you're going through Nebraska Service Center.... They are VERY slow. :( That was horrible luck of the draw. Don't hesitate to get the petitioner's congressman involved. There are many posts on here about people doing just that, including Darnell (he doesn't do PMs however.)

Just odd, it says that they're processing paper work in 5 months for NOA1 > NOA2 whenever we checked the official website, I guess thats not true then? (I dont think they've updated in a while anyways. March I think was the last official update)

I think I will get my wife to contact a congressman, because it can't hurt. I know some people on here are saying it doesn't matter, but I mean it seems like its worked for some, so it might work for us.

Just was hoping to be down in time for Christmas, guess it wont be till early in 2015 at this rate. So sad that these things take so long, and all just to be able to live with the love of your life. But I understand, security, making sure the country is protected among a million other reasons. Its all a delicate process :(

Thanks for all your advice. Hopefully we get an answer sooner than later.

The Path to Finding My Soul Mate ❤️

2008 - Met on deviantART.com
2009 - Visited each other for the first time as best friends.
2010 - Realized we were meant to be more than friends ❤️
Christmas of 2011 - Engaged!

July 5, 2013 - MARRIED!!
July 18, 2013 - DOMA IS STRUCK DOWN!!!

Waiting on IR-1 Visa to be approved then will celebrate with the beach ceremony/reception of our dreams ❤️

My Visa Journey for IR-1

11/21/2013 - I-130 Package Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

11/26/2013 - Package Arrived in Phoenix!! Waiting on NOA1!

12/02/2013 - NOA1 received VIA Email! Waiting on Hard Copy!

12/04/2013 - Hard Copy Arrived, waiting on approval!!

06/26/2014 - E-Request sent, Security Check still pending. Still waiting on Approval.
07/05/2014 - Our first marriage anniversary!
08/17/2014 - Still awaiting approval. Planning on sending 2nd E-Request in September
10/09/2014 - I-130 APPROVED, NOA2 Received by E-Mail, waiting for package in the mail!! 311 days later, wow!
12/05/2015 - NVC Received. Assigned Case # and Will be Going to Montreal!
12/11/2015 - AOS and IV Bill paid!!!
05/13/2015 - AOS and IV Package sent!
07/05/2015 - Happy Two Year Anniversary!
08/27/2015 - Interview Confirmed on September 25, 2015 at 8am! WE'RE GOING TO MONTREAL! Fingers crossed!! (one day before my birthday!)
09/08/2015 - Medical Done in Toronto with Dr. Lyndon (Highly recommend! Easy to get too via the subway). All clear there! Waiting for it to come in the Mail
09/25/2015 - Visa APPROVED!

Total Time Taken (Till Interview): 1 Year 10 Months

Point of Entry/Green Card Delivery

09/26/2015 - Back home from Montreal, waiting for LOOMIS delivery to pick up VISA
09/30/2015 - Visa Arrived in London, ON for pick up; Visa in hand!
10/01/2015 - Flight Booked! Moving date is October 7th!
10/07/2015 - POE @ YYZ (Toronto Pearson International). Waiting on Greencard delivery

2019 UPDATE Going Home to Canada. Process for their application took 4 months. Smell ya later USA. Won't miss ya.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The actual processing takes about a month.

The rest of the time it sits.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 4 weeks later...

Can seek entry without a visa, as can many others. Not just Canadians.

Canadians are in a unique position as they do not require a visa and do not require a visa waiver through the VWP. Also Canadian visitors are not part of the US visit program and therefore do not get finger printed.

In relation to OPs question 7 months is still within normal processing times is it not? I wouldn't expect much to be done while this is the case. I see from your posts you are a Canadian citizen, you still don't confirm which country you were born in?

Edited by britishdakota

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey, same-sex couple here. We were expedited at USCIS but we've been together 18 years.

You can't do much of anything with Congressman or Senator, because you're not their constituent. Your wife is.

She should call both Senators and her Congressman and ask to speak with the aide who works on immigration cases. Don't think because you're gay that the Democrat will be of more help. You're not Latino so they don't care about you right now (I'm a Democrat saying this). My Republican rep (who voted for DOMA) has been the only one to help. The Dem Senator running for reelection thinks we're voting for him anyway, so he doesn't care.

She will find someone who seems interested, but she will likely have to educate the aide as they often know less than we do about the process. She (and you) should be able to recite the NVC process from Saylin's info here in her sleep; knowing it will help you to make VERY specific requests of the aide. You need to tell them exactly what to do or they will send an email asking what's up and NVC will respond we're working on it and then they think they're done. You must be a .

Just odd, it says that they're processing paper work in 5 months for NOA1 > NOA2 whenever we checked the official website, I guess thats not true then? (I dont think they've updated in a while anyways. March I think was the last official update)

I think I will get my wife to contact a congressman, because it can't hurt. I know some people on here are saying it doesn't matter, but I mean it seems like its worked for some, so it might work for us.

Just was hoping to be down in time for Christmas, guess it wont be till early in 2015 at this rate. So sad that these things take so long, and all just to be able to live with the love of your life. But I understand, security, making sure the country is protected among a million other reasons. Its all a delicate process :(

Thanks for all your advice. Hopefully we get an answer sooner than later.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

A service hold is a regular procedure, this means no immediate action can be taken on your case till whatever they are waiting for is done. If it's security check they are doing, which I guess they do on everyone, then you have to just wait till it's over.

You can call a tier 2 officer on their help line for better explanation. You can contact the head of USCIS at VSC directly to ask what is going on. The names and numbers of the head of each service center is published online, though it's not that easy to locate. But it's out there.

You can ask your senator to take a look. There is another thing, VSC is the slowest of them all, and this is their regular way of doing things, couple of months outside the normal processing time is normal for them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.