MENA spouses and dogs

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Pepper 10 lbs:

1103061604.jpg

Pepper's best friend Roscoe 70 lbs

0417061904.jpg

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wadi wants a rottweiler. I do not like big, scary dogs. Furthermore, he wants to allow it inside, insisting that there's some kind of dog vacuum so that you vacuum the dog before he comes inside so he doesn't stink everything up. Um, yeah, I can just see now who's gonna be doing that! Dog vacuuming, pfft. Can you tell this has been an "issue" for us?

:lol:

Wadi wants a rottweiler. I do not like big, scary dogs. Furthermore, he wants to allow it inside, insisting that there's some kind of dog vacuum so that you vacuum the dog before he comes inside so he doesn't stink everything up. Um, yeah, I can just see now who's gonna be doing that! Dog vacuuming, pfft. Can you tell this has been an "issue" for us?

http://www.alltvstuff.com/jodc2.html

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I already have 2 small inside dogs, he knows this and i did sense he wasnt to crazy on this idea. I think most of it tho goes back to when he was younger and got scared or something, I have assured him they will be his (friends). RIght this minute one is laying up on couch and the other laying in front of a heater, they do have it made in the shade. :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Well, I mean if your pets go outside at all, then you either have to wash their feet every time they're going to come in the house, or they'll track the outside all over the inside.

I don't wear shoes inside the house and I like to keep tracking to a minimum.

Also, with cats... even if they're indoor cats, they use the catbox and walk around in it, then walk around all over your house - furniture etc and some people even let them walk on tables and counters.

Waaaaay too dirty for me.

Blech. :P

You sound exactly like my mom. Me- i've never understood her :wacko:

I have a dog, my SO has no problem with people owning dogs- lots of people in Morocco do. He just has never owned one and my be just a little nervous because in his mind the only dogs he knows are the street dogs- much more intimidating than my girlie-man dog. :lol:

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

What is ti about men and big dogs? Okay i know its a generalization, but .... :whistle:

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What is ti about men and big dogs? Okay i know its a generalization, but .... :whistle:

Oh, don't get me started!

OMG, yup, that's it! :rolleyes:

My dog is scared of the vacuum :blush: Runs upstairs when I am doing the downstairs, downstairs when I am doing the up and waits like a chicken until the horrible machine is gone.

:lol: yep my dog is the same way.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have 2 dogs (I accidentally typed gods first :lol: ) inside w/ a dog door to go out at their leisure. Said loves them and plays w/ them alot. He's had dogs before in Morocco and just adores these too. They adore him as well. Our dogs are large - border collie mix @ 40lbs, catahoula/pointer mix @ 60lbs. They are on the sofa w/ us when they can be and used to be in the bed w/ me til pops got here! :luv: . You should see the amt of hair and such in the vacuum when we're finished! Dogs=love.... no problem here! We also walk them together, but I pick up the poop - always have, don't mind it. Meet my babies: Lily & Bourre'

eta: LIFE IS GOOD!

My dog is scared of the vacuum :blush: Runs upstairs when I am doing the downstairs, downstairs when I am doing the up and waits like a chicken until the horrible machine is gone.

:lol: yep my dog is the same way.

mine are too.... bourre' even goes outside when the vacuum is running.... lily just goes in another room! :lol:

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I had a dog before I met Amed, and he's had lots of time to get used to her. For the most part, he likes her, but sometimes he'll get frustrated (like the time he left the trash sitting out by the front door and forgot to take it outside, and came home to find that Molly had gotten into the chicken bones). At that point, he'll fuss and say that he doesn't like dogs. Then, the next day, he has her sprawled out as he's scratching her belly.

I think that for the most part, he's not a fan of dogs. He tolerates my dog and sometimes I think he likes her, but we do have certain guidelines. She is no longer allowed to get on the bed, and she can't go into the guest bedroom because that's where Amed does his prayers.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:no:

I'm not a dog person. He's not a dog person. I'm a cat person. He's neutral towards cats. We're gettin a kitty inshaAllah!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline

Mohammed wants a dog until he's driving me crazy. I explained that with both of us gone a lot its kind of hard on a dog to sit alone all day and to be honest, I just don't want to deal with dog care anymore. I explained everything involved and he was willing to let it go. He hears the neighbor's akita howling all day long on weekends so he said he doesn't want to put a dog through that.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't like either but I bought a cat a few years ago for my daughters and that's it. Nothing more is going in my house period!!!

I used to have two mini poodles before I had the kids. We had a doggie door where they could come and go as they pleased out into the fenced backyard. Well lemme tell ya, there was so much poop out in the backyard you couldn't even walk. Right after we got them I got pregnant and stayed pregnant for about two years or so. (my kids are less than a year apart). It was hell. They'd track mud into the house when the backyard was muddy and I was so sick of having to mop the floors!!! Not only that, I'd have to be sooooooo careful about my daugthers' teething rings and binkies because inevitably they'd wind up buried in the backyard or ripped to shreds. Eventually I had to put them both up for adoption and was lucky enough to have found an elderly couple that took both of them.

Somedays I wish my cat would escape...other days I love her. She has ripped up most of my furniture. I'm allergic to her too but zyrtec isn't one of the covered meds and is expensive so I take Claritin and have about three air purifiers going at once in my house. Once she's gone that's it. Maybe a turtle or a goldfish but no dogs or cats.

oh btw Usama HATES dogs but will tolerate a cat.

Edited by doodlebug

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.