chrisg

London Embassy

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi

I have jsut recieved a reply to an email I have sent to the London Embassy and it says there is a delay of 6- 8 weeks before they process my packet 3. then another wait of 6 weeks before i will have an interview date.

Is this normal????

I hope not....

For some reason waiting for the Packet 4 has been the worse part of this process. We went through tthe CSC and had to wait ages for the NOA2 but it jsut seems harder now..

It might not be the 12 weeks they're indicating in your e-mail there, but it might well be. I wouldn't expect to wait less than eight weeks between return of packet 3 and the interview date, at the very least.

The good news is that London seems to be speeding up after a severe backlog in the fall and early winter, so you may not be looking at that 12 weeks after all. But take it from someone who *did* wait 12 weeks...it won't do you any good to get your knickers in a twist about it! ;)

Join up with the London interviews thread (link is in my signature). That'll give you an idea of how long London is taking now.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I was worrying just like you, then suddenly I got an interview date. Took me 4 weeks from the date I sent back the packet 3.

My advice: Email them everyday to enquire about the status of your application.

I doubt you would have to wait longer than 4 or 5 weeks.

~James

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Well its almost coming up to 6 weeks now since I sent back Packet 3. Everything is in place for the Interview, but nothing from them.

However, I have emailed them twice since Friday without a reply. At least before that they used to tell me they had not received it!

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

That's weird they're saying 6-8 weeks, probably because we started harrassing them the second it was a day over 4 weeks! We still emailed before that though but the emails definitely got more insistent after 4 weeks were up...so maybe they upped the dates because of that!

They also said for us it would take 8 weeks after processing to get the interview date....I wonder why the discrepancy?

Hopefully it won't take you that long! Good luck! :)

Miranda

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.