jacqueline6001

Egyptian Ministry of Interior asks neighbors about husband??

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Okay, I have a good one for y'all and looking for opinions please. 3 days ago (Monday), our request for an expedite through the NVC was approved after sending in 5 different medical records showing the emergent necessity. Well apparently some people from the Ministry of Interior came to my husband's apartment building today and asked many people about my husband's character. His neighbors replied that no he is a good man, he doesn't start trouble/fights, etc. So my question, is this a regular practice in Egypt or elsewhere? To have an agency scout out potential candidates for a US visa be thoroughly checked out. I just never heard of such a thing!

Currently we are now waiting on an interview date and time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by jacqueline6001

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Okay, I have a good one for y'all and looking for opinions please. 3 days ago (Monday), our request for an expedite through the NVC was approved after sending in 5 different medical records showing the emergent necessity. Well apparently some people from the Ministry of Interior came to my husband's apartment building today and asked many people about my husband's character. His neighbors replied that no he is a good man, he doesn't start trouble/fights, etc. So my question, is this a regular practice in Egypt or elsewhere? To have an agency scout out potential candidates for a US visa be thoroughly checked out. I just never heard of such a thing!

Currently we are now waiting on an interview date and time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It is a good one because you can see that they are preparing for the case to come to interview. This method may be unusual but so is the circumstances in the case due to expedite situation. Whatever the reason if it only serves to limit of eliminate the dreaded A P we so often see in the MENA cases it would be good.

Timeline

Just talked to the NVC and they still apparently have our case in their office. Maybe because my husband went to the US Embassy last week to try to talk to someone in person to get things moving (before our expedite was granted)? I'm just exploring all options at this time.

I truly hope it is what you're saying Ning

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ministry of Interior Egypt ?

Usually it's personnel from the US Embassy /Cairo that do this work.

So - I would be suspect about this - unless somehow the IV Unit in Cairo has asked for help from the Egyptian Ministry of Interior to help out with the backlog of inspections coming from the backlong of casefiles that occurred due to the IV Unit being closed there due to the civil unrest.

anyway - that's my wild guess. With it and a roll of toilet paper - one can handle one's business.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wish I could remember the name on here but just recently I saw another case like this where they came to his place and questioned him and his family.

Timeline

It happens sometimes It never happen to my husband but I remember someone else from Egypt said someone came and was asking questions about them.I can't remember the couples names

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

hello there...

Now the embassy sent someone to my husbands home 2 days after his first interview, an investigator that possed as a DHL rep on the phone when he called and my husbands sister answered the phone.

i called Dept of state and they said the embassy will do what they have to so to check on everything, basically making sure the man is not living with anyone...lol.

Timeline

hello there...

Now the embassy sent someone to my husbands home 2 days after his first interview, an investigator that possed as a DHL rep on the phone when he called and my husbands sister answered the phone.

i called Dept of state and they said the embassy will do what they have to so to check on everything, basically making sure the man is not living with anyone...lol.

Well it's good to know that I'm not alone in this case then. My husband was not at the time of the investigations, he was at work. The only person he lives with is his parents. Interesting that they do such a thing, but I completely understand and appreciate them doing this because it helps unclog the system (those of fraud).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

are you certain it was someone from the Egyptian Ministry of the Interior?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello there...

I saw your picture and blog on CNN. WOW. I hope you two can be together soon. How TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! I will dieeeeeeeeee. What is the status of your case as of now? I'm so sorry you guys are going through this

Timeline

Well it's good to know that I'm not alone in this case then. My husband was not at the time of the investigations, he was at work. The only person he lives with is his parents. Interesting that they do such a thing, but I completely understand and appreciate them doing this because it helps unclog the system (those of fraud).

That is good he was at work.

The embassy has investigators that lie as well, just as in our case. they have never shown any factual or concrete evidence on any accusations made by the so called investigator they sent to my husbands home in 2012. So as i always say, be careful, even the investigators will lie as well from the embassy. From what i gather in the 3 1/2 years we have been fighting and we been back to the embassy level 3 times, they never use any outside ministries to help them, they wont even use the ministry of civil status to check on any papers. they rely on these investigators they have that lie. this one asked my husband to look thru his apartment and closets, wrong thing to do, dont they know that is wrong??? these investigators are not the police and have no right to invade a persons privacy.

Timeline

I saw your picture and blog on CNN. WOW. I hope you two can be together soon. How TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! I will dieeeeeeeeee. What is the status of your case as of now? I'm so sorry you guys are going through this

I have no such blog dear. You must have me confused with someone else dear.

Timeline

sometimes i feel like i am dying a little inside but we keep our love alive. i miss him everyday but thanks to skype...lol..we go and viber too...lol

our case is at the board of immigration appeals right now in line to be heard. when i was in Egypt in january, we found out USCIS revoked our petition after the second NOIR. when i came back i appealed it and we are still waiting, so i plan on another trip this october to go and spend time with my husband and step daughter.

it seems the embassy did not care about our relationship because they never asked my husband any questions about us, always about his siblings and his ex. they are not educated on the laws of egypt as well.

the only thing i can do now is plan for the next trip, put our story out there for all to see and pray that the BOIA will over turn this decision.

Timeline

I have no such blog dear. You must have me confused with someone else dear.

she was talking about my blog...lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.