NORIS14

another RFE (chklst) from nvc

14 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just recieved another rfe (chklst) from nvc after submitting a new set of i864 and i864a on the first one.

they send another rfe saying that my wife did not complete the i 864 and uncomplete part of i864a.

What i dont understand is im the petitioner not my wife why they asking her for i864?im a little confuse right now

maybe some of you guys has the same issue.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~two duplicate threads removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just recieved another rfe (chklst) from nvc after submitting a new set of i864 and i864a on the first one.

they send another rfe saying that my wife did not complete the i 864 and uncomplete part of i864a.

What i dont understand is im the petitioner not my wife why they asking her for i864?im a little confuse right now

maybe some of you guys has the same issue.

I am confused as well, your profile states you are K-1 been a mention since 2008, your timeline is blank so I don't have a clue what you are doing with checklists from NVC. What visa are you chasing?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I am confused as well, your profile states you are K-1 been a mention since 2008, your timeline is blank so I don't have a clue what you are doing with checklists from NVC. What visa are you chasing?

im sorry i used an old account.actually this is about my stepsons petition im the petitioner.

Timeline

im sorry i used an old account.actually this is about my stepsons petition im the petitioner.

OK. Are you doing an I-130 for your stepson? Not a K2 to follow

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call or email NVC - nvcinquiry@state.gov, false checklists are an inherent part of the process. However, they were specific, so it warrants attention, again.

The I-864A, if her income was needed (as a household member) to help meet the poverty guidelines if your income fell short.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

OK. Are you doing an I-130 for your stepson? Not a K2 to follow

im doing 130.let me copy paste you the chklst i read thoroughly the letter and it says

send the missing items to the applicant.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

We have finished reviewing your case. We will tell you when we set an interview
date for your case. Please do not contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in
MANILA, PHILIPPINES about your interview until we give you the date.
We saw that either your Affidavit of Support was incomplete, some of your
supporting documents were missing, or both. We have marked the missing items
on the checklist below.
You should send any of the missing items to ______________ so he or
she can take them to the visa interview. The Consular Officer will review the
missing items at the time of the interview.
Please pay special attention to any items related to the Affidavit of Support form.
If the checklist shows any problems with the form, you should complete a new
form and send it to _____________.
If you do not send the missing information to _________, his or
her visa application could be delayed or denied.
and they asking for my wife to complete part of the i864 which is she did not send one i did because shes not
the petitioner.do you think they made a mistake on this one?

Timeline

Ya I think they made a mistake, but that is just my opinion, no fact. I am not well versed on the I-130 immigrant visas at NVC. Have you called/emailed NVC on this?

USEM does have requirements that will include duplicates of documents requested by NVC so be aware of that.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/865058/instructionpackets/IV%20Applicants_%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20_as%20of%2017%20September%202013_%20without%20footer.pdf

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

im doing 130.let me copy paste you the chklst i read thoroughly the letter and it says

send the missing items to the applicant.

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

We have finished reviewing your case. We will tell you when we set an interview
date for your case. Please do not contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in
MANILA, PHILIPPINES about your interview until we give you the date.
We saw that either your Affidavit of Support was incomplete, some of your
supporting documents were missing, or both. We have marked the missing items
on the checklist below.
You should send any of the missing items to ______________ so he or
she can take them to the visa interview. The Consular Officer will review the
missing items at the time of the interview.
Please pay special attention to any items related to the Affidavit of Support form.
If the checklist shows any problems with the form, you should complete a new
form and send it to _____________.
If you do not send the missing information to _________, his or
her visa application could be delayed or denied.
and they asking for my wife to complete part of the i864 which is she did not send one i did because shes not
the petitioner.do you think they made a mistake on this one?

No, it's not a mistake or a false checklist when NVC is very specific about the [missing] items it's requesting. Whatever missing items listed in the checklist, make sure your wife has those exact items at the time of the interview.

NVC is not asking your wife to complete the I-864 or any part of it. The missing items are the issue, but if the checklist indicates a problem with the I-864 itself, then fix those problems. She needs a new original AOS anyway with your signature for the interview.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

No, it's not a mistake or a false checklist when NVC is very specific about the [missing] items it's requesting. Whatever missing items listed in the checklist, make sure your wife has those exact items at the time of the interview.

NVC is not asking your wife to complete the I-864 or any part of it. The missing items are the issue, but if the checklist indicates a problem with the I-864 itself, then fix those problems. She needs a new original AOS anyway with your signature for the interview.

Wife is already in the USA, this petition is for his step-son, which is why all the confusion regarding wanting an I-864 from the wife.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Wife is already in the USA, this petition is for his step-son, which is why all the confusion regarding wanting an I-864 from the wife.

Now that makes sense.

In addition to gathering the missing items per the checklist, a call to NVC to resolve the AOS issue wouldn't hurt.

Timeline
"We saw that either your Affidavit of Support was incomplete, some of your

supporting documents were missing, or both."

Missing or incomplete?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.