UmmSqueakster

ME/NA pictures

377 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I've got a picture of some trash in Morocco, but I didn't think that anyone would want to see it! I'll upload it when I get home. :lol:

I remember I took a picture of the trash because it was right in the middle of a "nice" neighborhood. It blew my mind that people who lived in these well-kept houses would tolerate an empty lot with rubbish all over it in the neighborhood. But then again, I'm not really familiar with how trash pick-up etc. works over there.

Yea, there is the thing about trashy empty lots. I don't get that either. Trash pickup is regular, but if no one lives in the lot, I guess no one picks up after it.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Egypt has no trash pick up that I could see. In any given neighborhood you can walk by heaps upon heaps of garbage. I'm not proud of this but once when I was out with my SILs having ice cream I just tossed my trash in the heap like everyone else. My SIL laughed and patted me on the back...she said, you're one of us now!

ok i'm back in here.

Is it just me or does Morocco wicked blow doors off of Egypt????????

I mean the streets there look clean, the houses are so quaint looking, etc. etc.

Hey Doodle. this a town in Morocco called Ifrane. It's in the Cedar forrest and you think you are in a swiss village not north Africa at all....

258.jpg

259.jpg

and yes a shameless post to up the Morocco count :whistle:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I always, always put my trash in my pocket and took it home to threw out. I made my husband pick up any trash he threw on the ground and take it home.

but then again, the trash at home was just thrown out in the emptry court yard for the goats to much on. Meh.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm also noticing the blue skies. Where's the smog????????? I was blowin' black boogers like Rahma when in Cairo and it was gross!!!!

Not only that, when there hadn't been rain for DAYS the streets would be wet with puddles. Any guesses on where that liquid came from? :whistle:

Moody I remember walking with a diet Pepsi can and Usama kept saying, "just throw it on the ground!!!" and it took me a while but I finally did and he gave me a hug. :blush:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beautiful! Morocco is definately going on my list of places to tour when we go on our Muslim world history tour (like 40 years from now :lol: )

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.