Saylin

NVC Filers - June 2014

6,035 posts in this topic

It is pretty good over here ^_^ I can't imagine ending up in the midwest having grown up in MA, what took you so far away?

I grew up in Florida, actually. Then I moved to New York for a guy and I got into Hofstra University on a scholarship. Both ended up being disasters, but I stuck it out and lived in New York for 3 years. I miss the directness of people. The midwest is sooooo passive aggressive and I'm told quite often that I'm very 'harsh' LOL

I finished college, didn't want to be in New York anymore (I wasn't in Brooklyn where I wanted to be and I wouldn't have been able to afford unless I worked 30 jobs and had 10 house mates). The Hudson Valley is GORGEOUS but the small town life is not my style. I didn't want to go back to Tampa, so I narrowed it down to Atlanta and Minneapolis. Minneapolis won because at the time the cost of living was great, rent was reasonable and the overall quality of life was better.

I do miss the east coast, though!

5/21/2016: Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

5/23/2016: NOA1

7/29/2016: Biometrics Appointment

11/22/2016: I-751 Approved!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well dwipal, it depends, I didn't put N/A on address since it was the same as the mailing address, and I never got a checklist, my AOS was approved. But it's fine if you go ahead and send it.

I guess you got lucky. :)

07-09-13 - Application received at Chicago Lockbox NOA1

01-03-14 - Transfer notice to Nebraska

01-06-14 - Application received at Nebraska

03-13-14 - NOA2 notification

03-25-14 - NVC received case

04-24-14 - Case number and IIN received over the phone

05-02-14 - Paid AOS Fees

05-06-14 - Sent AOS package

05-07-14 - AOS Fees showed up as paid

05-08-14 - AOS package received at NVC (Scanned on may 8th)

05-08-14 - IV Bill showed up and paid

05-12-14 - Sent IV package overnight

05-13-14 - IV package received at NVC (Scanned on may 15th)

06-05-14 - AOS Checklist for not having N/A written for "Place of Residence" (checklist info received over the phone).

06-09-14 - AOS Checklist - I864EZ delivered today.

06-11-14 - I864EZ got scanned today.

06-13-14 - Sent original marriage and birth certificate out to NVC. (Received at NVC 06-16-14)

06-16-14 - received fake checklist asking for 864ez and marriage certificate

06-20-14 - Marriage and Birth certificate scanned

07-23-14 - Case complete (Talked to Don at NVC on 7/24) -- Received CC email 7/30

08-01-14 - Interview date assigned (Sept 9th)

08-05-14 - Received Interview Letter via email

09-10-14 - Visa Approved

09-11-14 - Paid the extortion fees

I believe it is is just the vaccination record. It's all in Saylin's wiki. Lots of useful info. It's the first post in this thread.

Also, could you give us more info about you with maybe a signature or complete a timeline? Like where are you supposed to have your interview? Its just helpful for others waiting and also we can help you better.

Welcome Newbie. :)

Thanks!

2013: Aug 16: I-130 NOA1 (NBC)

2014: Feb 20 - NOA2

April 3 - CASE NUMBER

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 28 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 29 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process

May 8 - DS-260 available and done! IV package sent

May 9 - IV package arrived as per mail tracking

May 12 - IV scanned into their system.

May 27 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS accepted

June 10 - Case COMPLETE!! :)

July 16 - Visa Approved :dancing: :dancing::dancing:

I grew up in Florida, actually. Then I moved to New York for a guy and I got into Hofstra University on a scholarship. Both ended up being disasters, but I stuck it out and lived in New York for 3 years. I miss the directness of people. The midwest is sooooo passive aggressive and I'm told quite often that I'm very 'harsh' LOL

I finished college, didn't want to be in New York anymore (I wasn't in Brooklyn where I wanted to be and I wouldn't have been able to afford unless I worked 30 jobs and had 10 house mates). The Hudson Valley is GORGEOUS but the small town life is not my style. I didn't want to go back to Tampa, so I narrowed it down to Atlanta and Minneapolis. Minneapolis won because at the time the cost of living was great, rent was reasonable and the overall quality of life was better.

I do miss the east coast, though!

lol @ harsh, I've never spent time out there but I can certainly imagine they'd be unused to (and incompatible with) the NY way of doing things. Boston is a tiny little baby city by comparison but I still get some "city kid" treatment from my friends and family in the suburbs :lol:

There's a guy who started at my company just after me, he's relocating here from Minneapolis because his girlfriend got into MIT. It's "jersey day" this casual Friday, so in addition to the people roaming around wearing Arsenal jerseys (!), there's lone Joe sporting Twins gear :D

Edited by BOS_LHR

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

lol @ harsh, I've never spent time out there but I can certainly imagine they'd be unused to (and incompatible with) the NY way of doing things. Boston is a tiny little baby city by comparison but I still get some "city kid" treatment from my friends and family in the suburbs :lol:

There's a guy who started at my company just after me, he's relocating here from Minneapolis because his girlfriend got into MIT. It's "jersey day" this casual Friday, so in addition to the people roaming around wearing Arsenal jerseys (!), there's lone Joe sporting Twins gear :D

:facepalm: at Twins gear! I guess it's better than Vikings hahahahahaha

That is awesome there are so many people where Arsenal shirts there!

oprahbees.gif

:facepalm: at Twins gear! I guess it's better than Vikings hahahahahaha

That is awesome there are so many people where Arsenal shirts there!

The English guy brought in spares and distributed them freely ;) I heard him on a sales call the other day telling his customer he was going to ask a cheeky question. Betcha five bucks he was talking to a woman and closed the deal :lol:

ROC Timeline

04/06/2016 - Mailed I-751

04/07/2016 - NOA1

04/13/2016 - Check cashed

04/14/2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

05/04/2016 - Received biometric notice

05/16/2016 - Biometrics appointment

05/17/2017 - Approved

05/22/2017 - Card in Production

05/25/2017 - Card Mailed

05/30/2017 - Card Received

The English guy brought in spares and distributed them freely ;) I heard him on a sales call the other day telling his customer he was going to ask a cheeky question. Betcha five bucks he was talking to a woman and closed the deal :lol:

It's the accent. He could probably read ingredients from a cereal box and close the deal!

oprahbees.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Yes my ds260 sent on may 8 got approve june 4 still waiting for iv scanned on May 13

Set your alarm and try again tonight! :-D

My in-laws documents were scanned on the 13th as well. Just got off the phone and was told 30 business days story. Mysteriously, they are currenlly working on documents scanned on 3rd of May. Really????

My in-laws documents were scanned on the 13th as well. Just got off the phone and was told 30 business days story. Mysteriously, they are currenlly working on documents scanned on 3rd of May. Really????

Do you mean 13th? The 3rd was a Saturday, so they don't have packages from that date.

Anyway, my AOS was scanned in on the 7th of May and that was approved on the 2nd of June.

oprahbees.gif

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Agghh guys so i called NVC and this weird really low voice guy/girl donno told me the same 30 days thing, so i ask; do you mind telling wich date are they working on now as of today. He paused and very rude said MAY 1st 2012 ( what tha hell) i couldnt stop laughing. Anyways ill call back tonight. My docs were scanned on may 13 th, i hope i get CC today. Anyone k ows which date is bei g worked in today?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Agghh guys so i called NVC and this weird really low voice guy/girl donno told me the same 30 days thing, so i ask; do you mind telling wich date are they working on now as of today. He paused and very rude said MAY 1st 2012 ( what tha hell) i couldnt stop laughing. Anyways ill call back tonight. My docs were scanned on may 13 th, i hope i get CC today. Anyone k ows which date is bei g worked in today?

THEY ARE WORKING ON May 1st 2012. They are full of it.

Memebrs mentioned May 15 last night.

So they are on 14 May and they touched some 15 May.

Good luck

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Congratulations!!!! NVC is being slow, so it might be 3-4 weeks :( BUTTTT YOUR NOT IN USCIS ANYMORE!!! wooohooo

Thank you! looking forward to the day i'll get the case number! :)

(F) USCIS

19 February 2014 - Sent I-130

20 February 2014 - Received at Texas Service Center

24 February 2014 - NOA 1

29 May 2014 - I-130 Approval/NOA2

05 June 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

(F) NVC

01 July 2014 - Case received

14 July 2014 - Case Number, IIN, and BIN assigned

29 July 2014 - DS -261 Available and complete

02 August 2014 - AOS Bill invoiced and paid

04 August 2014 - AOS Bill "PAID" status

04 August 2014 - AOS Package sent

06 August 2014 - AOS Package scanned at NVC

02 September 2014 - Expedite Request sent

09 September 2014 - IV Package sent with AOS Cover

12 September 2014 - IV Package scanned at NVC

10 September 2014 - Expedite Request under review e-mail

11 September 2014 - IV Bill invoiced and paid

12 September 2014 - IV Bill "PAID" status

14 September 2014 - DS-260 Completed online

16 September 2014 - Expedite request approved

15.October.2014 - Case complete

XX.XX.2014 - Interview scheduled

(F) Embassy

XX.XX.2014 - Medical

XX.XX.2014 - Interview

XX.XX.2014 - Visa in hand

XX.XX.2014 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When we had to deal with them the first time they was really nice but after reading on how things work I must admit my heart sank. So many couples are waiting and one person was waiting for over 3 years this to me is really unfair. My hubby don't like me to read in here lol he knows I get down from it, however its the only way to find out whats going on and why things are taking so long. I pray for all the family's this is really hard to cope with at times.

I am in similar stress and uncertainty as well. We were put into extended review at I-130 which took a long time, like never ending. You can't imagine how much I had to work on my case, talked talk to lawyers, considered sue options, wrote to USCIS every month, to ombudsman, asked one state senator to help but no reply than asked my community leaders to help than asked my local congressman who was thankfully was willing to help, even when that took a month, I even wrote to President obama and strangely my case was approved 2 days after that but I am thinking realistically it was my congressmen help that was crucial.

Now I am worried about the interview, it will destroy me if they put us again in additional processing. My wife is a doctor, she is from good and well to do family, both her parents and sibling has US visit visa. I am just hoping it goes well from here.

Edited by baltoro
N400
----------------------------------------------------------
Feb 20 - USCIS update notification.
Feb 20 - biometrics done
Jan 31 - Applied N400 online 

NVC

----------------------------------------------------------

April 18, 2014 NVC received case

May 15, 2014 Case # and IIN assigned

DS-261 not required as I had lawyer on file

May 21, AOS and IV fee available and paid.

May 23, AOS and IV Packet sent.

May 23, DS 260 filled online.

May 29, AOS/IV scanned

Jun 3, Recieved email that AOS/IV fees are paid and I need to send the papers which I have already done.

July 3, Received postal mail from NVC that my visa preference has upgraded to CR1

July 8, Case Complete

I-130

--------------------------------------------------------

Feb 25, 2013 Priority date

April 01, 2014 I-130 approved

April 04, /2014 I-130 Send to NVC

If you have not filled you signature with timeline info yet, please do it now! Go to your profile, press 'Edit' and signature field becomes available.

THEY ARE WORKING ON May 1st 2012. They are full of it.

Memebrs mentioned May 15 last night.

So they are on 14 May and they touched some 15 May.

Good luck

Not to mention the 2012 bit. They're working on files from 2 years ago? :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not to mention the 2012 bit. They're working on files from 2 years ago? :jest:

They are just full of it!

We understand that they get zillions of calls every day, but, that's their job! beats the ####### out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.