second stage

N-400 JUNE 2014 Filers

1,745 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Update: I had my interview today and i passed :dancing: . it went really fast .And im going to have my oath ceremony next Thursday( 10/9/2014) .Good luck everyone !!!!

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Update: I had my interview today and i passed :dancing: . it went really fast .And im going to have my oath ceremony next Thursday( 10/9/2014) .Good luck everyone !!!!

Can you write how it goes? What they ask. I am in charlotte too

<p>06/20/14: N-400 mailed06/23/14: N-400 Delivered06/26/14: I-797 in the mail7/1/14: Fingerprint notification via text and email7/8/14: Fingerprint Letter In the mail7/22/14: Fingerprint Appointment Date7/11/14: Walk-in Fingerprints completed7/24/14: SMS and Email about in-line for interview8/18/2014 receive yellow letter dated8/89/8/2014 interview txt/email9/11/2014 receive interview letter10/14/2014 interview date<p>10/21/2014oath date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats!

Timeline

Can you write how it goes? What they ask. I am in charlotte too

It took about 10 min .i dont remember all the questions but all what i remember is i dont think that he asked me 6 questions i guess maybe just 4.He asked me the questions very fast .He did not even give me a chance to say the whole answer .Just whenever i started to answer the question he goes to next question. what i remember now is 1- what is the supreme Law of the land ? 2- who is the vice president ? 3- why did the colonies fight the British ? 4- who makes federal laws ?

He asked me to read ( who can vote ? ) and he asked me to write ( Citizens can vote ) . Then he went through the no and yes questions from the N-400 .

Good luck

Congrats!

Thanks

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

It took about 10 min .i dont remember all the questions but all what i remember is i dont think that he asked me 6 questions i guess maybe just 4.He asked me the questions very fast .He did not even give me a chance to say the whole answer .Just whenever i started to answer the question he goes to next question. what i remember now is 1- what is the supreme Law of the land ? 2- who is the vice president ? 3- why did the colonies fight the British ? 4- who makes federal laws ?

He asked me to read ( who can vote ? ) and he asked me to write ( Citizens can vote ) . Then he went through the no and yes questions from the N-400 .

Good luck

Thanks

Collar

I thought you will have same day oath, but they did not

<p>06/20/14: N-400 mailed06/23/14: N-400 Delivered06/26/14: I-797 in the mail7/1/14: Fingerprint notification via text and email7/8/14: Fingerprint Letter In the mail7/22/14: Fingerprint Appointment Date7/11/14: Walk-in Fingerprints completed7/24/14: SMS and Email about in-line for interview8/18/2014 receive yellow letter dated8/89/8/2014 interview txt/email9/11/2014 receive interview letter10/14/2014 interview date<p>10/21/2014oath date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congrats! :)

K-1

Nov/13/2009 - I-129Fsent Jun/01/2010 - Interview Date (Approved)

Nov/17/2009 - NOA1 Jun/07/2010 - Visa in Hand

Mar/30/2010 - NOA2 Jun/24/2010 - POE (Washington DC)

Apr/08/2010 - Consulate Received Sep/03/2010 - Wedding

AOS

Jan/13/2011 - AOS/EAD/AP sent Mar/08/2011 - EAD Approved

Jan/14/2011 - Packet Received - Chicago Lockbox Mar/16/2010 - EAD + AP Combo Card Received

Jan/19/2011 - NOA1 Date Mar/29/2010 - AOS Approved

Jan/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received Apr/04/2011 - Welcome Letter Received

Feb/07/2011 - Biometrics Done Apr/05/2011 - GC Received

Feb/14/2011 - AOS Transferred to CSC

ROC

Jan/17/2013 - Packet Mailed to VSC Feb/01/2013 - Biometrics Letter Appointment Received

Jan/18/2013 - Packet Received Feb/14/2013 - Biometrics Done

Jan/24/2013 - Check Cashed Jul/08/2013 - Approval Letter Received (dated 07/03/2013)

Jan/25/2013 - NOA1 Received (dated 01/22/2013) Jul/12/2013 - GC Received

Naturalization

Jun/18/2014 - N-400 Sent

Jun/21/2014 - N-400 Received (Dallas Lockbox)

Jun/26/2014 - Check Cashed

Jun/30/2014 - NOA Received (dated 06/25/2014)

Jul/10/2014 - Biometric Appointment Letter Received

Jul/16/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

Jul/18/2014 - In Line For Interview

Aug/26/2014 - Text/email Interview Has Been Scheduled

Aug/29/2014 - Interview Letter Received (10/01/2014)

Oct/01/2014 - Interview - Approved

Oct/28/2014 - Oath Ceremony Letter Received (11/19/2014)

Nov/19/2014 - Oath Ceremony - Officially an American Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Congrats!

How do you know your Oath date so quickly? Were you given a print out right after the interview?

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone, my interview was today and I passed! The whole process too around 15 minutes. The IO was a very nice lady, She went through all the yes or no questions in the form and then she asked me the civic questions:

1) what is freedom of religion?

2) name one state that borders Canada

3) what ocean is on the East Coast of the United States?

4) when was the Constitution written?

5) when must all men register for selective service?

6) how many U.S senators are there?

After I answered the questions she asked me to read : "what do we pay to the government? And to write down : we pay taxes! Then she congratulated me and said I was approved and I will be receiving the date and place of my oath ceremony in the mail. It was a nice experience and I'm glad it is over.

Congrats Justar :)

I took my interview in Lawrence, MA on Aug 18th. On Sept 23rd online status changed to "Oath Ceremony" and got an sms "On September 23, 2014, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled". Stll waiting for the letter.

I came to know that there is an Oath date on Oct 9th in Worcester. Hoping to get a letter for that date.

By any chance did you ask the IO about your Oath date?

Timeline

Congrats Justar :)

I took my interview in Lawrence, MA on Aug 18th. On Sept 23rd online status changed to "Oath Ceremony" and got an sms "On September 23, 2014, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled". Stll waiting for the letter.

I came to know that there is an Oath date on Oct 9th in Worcester. Hoping to get a letter for that date.

By any chance did you ask the IO about your Oath date?

Hello raja2USA! Thank you and congrats on you approval too! She said about the ceremony on Oct9, but she said probably it would be full already and I will be in the one in November. If your interview was in Aug. chances are you will be in this one next week. Hope you are, so you will be done shortly. I am waiting for the letter too. Keep us posted!

K-1

AOS

Jan/14/2011 - Packet Received - Chicago Lockbox Mar/16/2010 - EAD + AP Combo Card Received

Jan/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received Apr/04/2011 - Welcome Letter Received

ROC

Jan/17/2013 - Packet Mailed to VSC Feb/01/2013 - Biometrics Letter Appointment Received

Jan/24/2013 - Check Cashed Jul/08/2013 - Approval Letter Received (dated 07/03/2013)

Naturalization

Jun/18/2014 - N-400 Sent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello raja2USA! Thank you and congrats on you approval too! She said about the ceremony on Oct9, but she said probably it would be full already and I will be in the one in November. If your interview was in Aug. chances are you will be in this one next week. Hope you are, so you will be done shortly. I am waiting for the letter too. Keep us posted!

Thank you Juster. I will do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had my interview today in Cincinnati. It was rather quick. I wasn't wearing a watch, but I think I got to the USCIS office around 12:40pm for my 1:00pm interview. This was a brand new office that they have been working on for quite some time. The last two times I have been to the Cincinnati office (fingerprints and Infopass) it was a different room in the Federal Building).

There was a small sign that said to wait until your name was called to approach the counter, so I took a seat. A few minutes later the gentleman at the counter called out for anyone that was there for an interview. So I went up and gave him my interview notice, showed him my drivers license and he took the letter and said he would provide it to the officer who would come out shortly. Another person was at the counter behind me with an interview also.

A little while later I saw two officers come up and decide who was going to take which interview. At about 1:00pm one of the officers came out and called the name of the other person then a few minutes later the other officer came out and called mine. We went back to his office where he swore me in and we sat down.

I gave him my Green Card and he started going over the application, reviewing just about every question and marking them off with a red pen as he went. He then had me sign the two photographs that I provided with my initial application. The interview notice recomended that I bring two new passport photos, but that it wasn't required. I didn't bring them nor was I asked for or about them. He then had me do the English and civics test.

Read: Who was George Washington?

Write: Washington was the first President

Test (may not be in order):

1) Name on war fought by the United States in the 1900s. I blurt out "Civil War". Oops. He said, go up a century, then I answered "World War I".

2) Who is the Chief Justice of the United States now? John Roberts

3) The House of Representatives has how many voting members? 435

4) We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years? 2

5) Who was the first President? George Washington

6) ??? I am not really remember the other question, it all went so fast.

At the end he had me sign a number of items on the application and handed me a paper titled "Naturalization Interview Results" with a check box checked for "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval". YAY!

He was not concerned about a traffic ticket that I had many years ago before I came to the USA. He was only concerned that I indicated that I had paid the fine and joke that it wasn't like they were going to call Canada and ask about it. He did ask about any new recent travel outside of the USA which I told him I had and what the dates were.

He indicated that I would have my oath ceremony in Dayton, much closer to where I live, and that they hold one ceremony a month. He didn't say when my oath would be, but that the next ceremony in Dayton is on October 23rd. So here is hoping I can be scheduled for that ceremony. If not, the next one may be while I am out of the country, so it would need to be rescheduled which would put me in to December. December would be easier for travel as I wouldn't need to make a trip to Detroit (four hours away) to apply in person for a passport, but I really don't want to wait over two months to go to the oath ceremony. The interview officer did recommend looking in to getting the passport in Detroit if the oath is scheduled in October.

All in all, the interview was painless and I was back to my car in the garage across the street by 1:19pm. A little wet though from the rain that had started while I was in my interview.

Filed: Timeline

Had my interview today in Cincinnati. It was rather quick.

He indicated that I would have my oath ceremony in Dayton, much closer to where I live, and that they hold one ceremony a month. He didn't say when my oath would be, but that the next ceremony in Dayton is on October 23rd. So here is hoping I can be scheduled for that ceremony. If not, the next one may be while I am out of the country, so it would need to be rescheduled which would put me in to December. December would be easier for travel as I wouldn't need to make a trip to Detroit (four hours away) to apply in person for a passport, but I really don't want to wait over two months to go to the oath ceremony. The interview officer did recommend looking in to getting the passport in Detroit if the oath is scheduled in October.

All in all, the interview was painless and I was back to my car in the garage across the street by 1:19pm. A little wet though from the rain that had started while I was in my interview.

Congrats! hopefully you'll have your Oath on the 23rd. Key will be when your status changes to Oath has been scheduled message.

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! hopefully you'll have your Oath on the 23rd. Key will be when your status changes to Oath has been scheduled message.

I think one thing on my side is that a November oath would likely be outside the 5 month processing time that they target. I don't know if they look at the processing time to schedule the oath or not, but it can't hurt. I would think they want to keep their numbers within the expected targets.

Timeline

Congrats!

How do you know your Oath date so quickly? Were you given a print out right after the interview?

Thanks . yeah after the interview they asked me to wait in the waiting room .10 minutes later they hand me a paper with my oath date on it .It seems to me like they have oath in Charlotte on every Thursday.

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Had my interview today in Cincinnati. It was rather quick. I wasn't wearing a watch, but I think I got to the USCIS office around 12:40pm for my 1:00pm interview. This was a brand new office that they have been working on for quite some time. The last two times I have been to the Cincinnati office (fingerprints and Infopass) it was a different room in the Federal Build

Congrats! :)

Edited by justar

K-1

AOS

ROC

Naturalization

Jun/18/2014 - N-400 Sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.