Henia

Sunday

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi everyone! I have a day off finally, but not really doing anything fun since Maj has to work. I'm going to attempt to bring some order to my house, which has become a disaster area. But I'm also reading the paper and this new book I got by Diana Abu-Jaber called Crescent. It's really good, I wonder if the Lebanese ladies here have read it?

Sharon

I just got this, too, but haven't started it since I have a dozen others I'm in the middle of. I'm looking forward to reading it, though.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Happy BD henia!

Well my morning started off good. We had guests this morning. My husband's cousin and his son from kansas came to visit. We had a wonderful arab breakfast of pita bread, labneh, makdous, olives, tomatoes, onions, hummus, ful, olive oil and zataar and scrambled eggs with arab tea. We finally got dish network, so now my husband is watching the arab channels. The rest are taking a nap!!

Happy Sunday to all!

Hi everyone! I have a day off finally, but not really doing anything fun since Maj has to work. I'm going to attempt to bring some order to my house, which has become a disaster area. But I'm also reading the paper and this new book I got by Diana Abu-Jaber called Crescent. It's really good, I wonder if the Lebanese ladies here have read it?

Sharon

:dance::dance: nice to see you Sharon! hope all is well!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sharon

:dance::dance: nice to see you Sharon! hope all is well!

I agree... so nice to see you Sharon!!! :dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs: Don't be a stranger!

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Sharon!! I'm so excited to see you post! How is NY treating you guys? Enjoy your day off - you work too hard!!!! :dance:

Well, we actually miss Boston a lot! Maj especially misses that cafe in the North End.

We live in the Bronx, so not that great of a neighborhood. It's always exciting to go into the city though. I usually get one day off a week, and occasionally it's the same day Maj has off :P But I'm halfway through my intern year now; starting in July my life will be a lot better. I just finished my OB rotation, and I loved it! Delivering babies is the most amazing thing ever.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Sharon

Wow look who finally showed up ! Been a long time since we've seen you on the board -- I'm glad to see you post again.

Diana Abu-Jaber is an amazing writer. She's had to fight against a lot of pressure and even censorship in the U.S. publishing world -- she's been pressured to change her words, to change her titles, to rewrite her characters, to remove references to Israel and war crimes against the Palestinians, and on and on. She's a fighter, though -- she's not about to be shut up.

I haven't read this latest book yet -- but I will soon.

:thumbs:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We're iced in and my daughter started running 103 temp. :( I've been giving her Tylenol & Advil which has brought the temp down to about 100. Just sucks because I really don't think there is anyway I can get out of my driveway to take her to a doctor because road crews have not cleared our street yet. It's supposed to freeze rain more tomorrow too! :o I need to move someplace warm. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
We're iced in and my daughter started running 103 temp. :( I've been giving her Tylenol & Advil which has brought the temp down to about 100. Just sucks because I really don't think there is anyway I can get out of my driveway to take her to a doctor because road crews have not cleared our street yet. It's supposed to freeze rain more tomorrow too! :oI need to move someplace warm. ;)

C'mon down to LA! It's not so bad here.... we even have hurricane parties! :dance::whistle:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Timeline
We're iced in and my daughter started running 103 temp. :( I've been giving her Tylenol & Advil which has brought the temp down to about 100. Just sucks because I really don't think there is anyway I can get out of my driveway to take her to a doctor because road crews have not cleared our street yet. It's supposed to freeze rain more tomorrow too! :oI need to move someplace warm. ;)

C'mon down to LA! It's not so bad here.... we even have hurricane parties! :dance::whistle:

Not having a hurricane party today, are you??

I swear you are going to get some of this wet stuff . . . . maybe not the freezing variety though. Slowly but surely it is moving thru the metroplex (Dallas/Ft. Worth for those that don't know).

I am sitting here eating some chili I made . . .and writing that review, lol!!

Have a nice day!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Birthday Henia!!!!!! :luv:

Hope your daughter's fever breaks soon aymerlu. (F)

um...mind started Friday toooooooooooooooooooooo. rofl.

I blew up at my kids this morning and while I type this they are cleaning their rooms with a vengeance. :devil: Woke up to find the sink FULL of dirty dishes and the kitchen looked like a big bag of oil and flower threw up in it. Nice way to wake up on a Sunday morning right???? NOT.

I want to get out of this house as soon as their done and go to a craft shop to get materials for the scrap books I'm making for my trip pictures. I love doing that stuff. :thumbs:

I want to move somewhere warmer too. I've been looking at the money magazine top places to live but there are bloggers that have nasty things to say about just about each town that is cited so I dunno. Not that I can up and move but I'm just thinking ahead since boston is so expensive and Usama may want to go where the weather is warmer and employment is better. Who knows. Hope everyone is having fun today.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline
I want to move somewhere warmer too. I've been looking at the money magazine top places to live but there are bloggers that have nasty things to say about just about each town that is cited so I dunno. Not that I can up and move but I'm just thinking ahead since boston is so expensive and Usama may want to go where the weather is warmer and employment is better. Who knows. Hope everyone is having fun today.

Maybe you should avoid Texas . . . LOL, I'll only say that if you like "warmer" because it is definitely not "WARMER" today . . . now 9 months out of the year, it is much balmier than it is today (FREEZING) and might even remind Usama of Egypt . . . HOT summers (don't need to go to Egypt for the heat).

Employment is generally good in this area, no state income tax (high sales taxes though), real estate is cheaper than in the north (it is all relative). Could be worse places to live . . . I always think about moving because I hate the HEAT, but I am not exactly a snow-bunny type!

Edited by cbd2cai

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

happy birthday henia (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.