Deagle

what is the best reason to expedite I-129F ?

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

so is the a way to be together before tje i-130 ? i remember that i read something that k3 is not available so i told my wife to ask the lawyer about it and if we should apply for CR1-IR1 but the lawyer said its a different thing we just apply for I-129F, and our lawyer firm is the best in Boston we are paying big amount of money :/ i feel bad that it wont bring us together

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

so is the a way to be together before tje i-130 ? i remember that i read something that k3 is not available so i told my wife to ask the lawyer about it and if we should apply for CR1-IR1 but the lawyer said its a different thing we just apply for I-129F, and our lawyer firm is the best in Boston we are paying big amount of money :/ i feel bad that it wont bring us together

Tell your lawyer to go to this link, then scroll down to the second step.

Note: in November, 2006 USCIS started processing both petitions together. In early 2007, they started approving and sending both petitions to NVC together. NVC followed with their policy change 2/1/2010, making the K3 virtually obsolete.

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse (K-3)
The Second Step: Applying for a Visa
Important Notice:

When both petitions have been approved by USCIS and sent to the NVC or when USCIS approves the I-130 before the I-129F, the availability of, as well as the need for, a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both an approved I-130 petition and an approved I-129F petition:

• The nonimmigrant K-3 visa case will be administratively closed.
  • The application process explained below will not be available to the foreign-citizen spouse and cannot be used.
  • The NVC will contact the U.S. citizen sponsor and foreign-citizen spouse, with instructions for processing the IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process, review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

thank you. i will send that to my lawyer, but we did not get approved for I-130 or I-129F, we applied both and we will see which will come before the other, is that wrong ? is there a thing we can do to save time and be together rather than wasting time by useless forms ?

Timeline

Yes, it's wrong. Both will be approved the same day and arrive together at NVC, so NVC can administratively close the K3 case and advise you to proceed with the CR1. Did you not read what I gave you? They've been approving both petitions together since early 2007, only about six years after the K3 was created, and seven years ago. If you sent the I-129F AFTER the I-130, you lost all the time in between, as USCIS will have pulled your I-130 from its place in line and put it back where the I-129F came in.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

No. Approval of the I-130 is what opens the door to apply for an immigrant visa. Study the IR1/CR1 guide. Start by clicking on the word Guides at the top of any page here.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance has had numerous and credible death threats from a single individual. So serious that the court in Pakistan has opened a case on it and the police have documentation on it. I filed an expedite request recently and this is what I got in return:

"Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. Unfortunately, we cannot grant your request for expedited processing."

In other words, they don't even look at it. They wouldn't even allow me to send all the documentation I have. Even after I made a request to send it, they said no!

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are legally married, in what ever country, you are not eligble to file a K-1. I just printed off an application for my friend who is going to the Philippines in July to meet, his future wife, and establish a relationship, for evidence.

The first requirement for a K-1 is, 1. You are free and legal to marry.

You are already married.,.,.,.you are taking up time at USCIS with one petition that could never be valid, I just wonder "to myself only" is this fair to people who filed one petition?

Timeline

If you are legally married, in what ever country, you are not eligble to file a K-1. I just printed off an application for my friend who is going to the Philippines in July to meet, his future wife, and establish a relationship, for evidence.

You are already married.,.,.,.you are taking up time at USCIS with one petition that could never be valid, I just wonder "to myself only" is this fair to people who filed one petition?

I know waiting all this time is really hard and unfair somehow, but what can do else than this to be together ? we applied I-130 and I-129F and waiting to see what we will get first, hopefully it wont be hard a lot

Timeline

The OP is not trying to get a K1 visa. The I-129F can also be filed for a spouse, with the (currently) false hope of obtaining a K3 visa. You are inadequately informed. See the I-129F instructions for how to use it for a spouse.

Note, my wife came on a K3 visa in 2006 when still available and time saving. I know of which I write. OK?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

pushbrk, YOU, are "inadequately informed" as I merely voiced my opinion, that it is wrong, for a K-1 and I-130 to be filed by one person. That time processing the K-1 which has no value, (OP is married) is taking up time that some one could be working on a legite K-1. I am entitled to "my" opinion.,.,.,.,right or wrong.,,,.we also know that K3 is merely a letter and number and means nothing.,.,.in my opinion, the OP is still not entitled to file a K-1 when he is married.,.,.,.,I do not care what his reasons are, or who it is protecting, it is my opinion!

Also, find someone else to "run up" your posting account.,.,not someone stating their opinion!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

They Did not file a k1... They filed for K3 which is a spouse visa for married people... Uses the same form number hence the confusion... It is filed after the CR1 (I 130)... However, rarely issued...

To the OP, this is the way it is... You gotta play the game and wait...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

pushbrk, YOU, are "inadequately informed" as I merely voiced my opinion, that it is wrong, for a K-1 and I-130 to be filed by one person. That time processing the K-1 which has no value, (OP is married) is taking up time that some one could be working on a legite K-1. I am entitled to "my" opinion.,.,.,.,right or wrong.,,,.we also know that K3 is merely a letter and number and means nothing.,.,.in my opinion, the OP is still not entitled to file a K-1 when he is married.,.,.,.,I do not care what his reasons are, or who it is protecting, it is my opinion!

Also, find someone else to "run up" your posting account.,.,not someone stating their opinion!

http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Purpose of Form

To petition to bring your fiancé(e) (K-1) and that person's children to the U.S. for marriage to you or to bring your spouse and that person's children (K-3 and K-4 visas, respectively) to the United States to complete processing for permanent resident status (under the LIFE Act and Amendments of 2000).

They filed a petition for a K-3 for their spouse. They did not, and will not, file for a K-1.

http://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/k3-k4-visa/k-3k-4-nonimmigrant-visas

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.