doshi

FRONT LOADING AT US EMBASSY LAGOS

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Now you getting where am drifting at!!!

is it right for someone to frontload after case has been sent to embassy????

Think you are missing the whole point. Seems you guys are dead set against sending evidence that's your choice. Roll the dice and play the odds.

There's no front-loading after the horse has left the stable (USCIS). Your case file goes to the embassy after its processed at NVC and you are scheduled an interview.

The questions asked are based on the evidence presented. I have yet to hear of anyone through Lagos who was approved with presenting nothing?

Front-loading became a big thing for Lagos and other high-fraud countries because of how people were treated at interviews. Many complaining they had brought boatloads of evidence and CO wouldn't look at or consider. Yes many of these people like you thought no evidence was required to send with petition and all was to be brought to interview.

People send in extra at the NVC at times because they have a trip to add more quality evidence. And yes some find out "OMG I sent in nothing I better do it now" which is risky because it may look like you are trying to skip over USCIS and present something they might have rejected or denied. I know of someone who was denied at embassy for that very fact but they were trying to side add divorce decree they didn't add at USCIS and other rubbish.

It's up to you to present your bonafide relationship however you want. This is Lagos you are dealing with which is no small thing. But it can be easy and effortless when you follow instructions and guidance of others who have gone before you and been there done that.

Like I said I have yet to read one person say they were approved at Lagos Consulate and presented nothing. :no:

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Hi Vjers,

i know this topic has been long over flogged but my question is who(the petitioner/attorney/beneficiary) should send the paperwork/evidence to the embassy?

how important is this front loading and is it legally/morally right to do it? since the beneficiary will take evidence along to interview anyway or is it a case of share proactiveness?

this link http://www.nairaland.com/1746138/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s#23494455 shows it maynt be necessary as documentary evidence especially for spousal marriage is the least emphasis rather questions on knowledgeability of the spouse is most important.

what are your views guys?????

Front loading pertains to your initial petition send to USCIS only and very necessary for Lagos. Period.

Side loading is sending items to NVC.

You should never send anything to the embassy.

You take well rounded evidence to the interview depicting your genuine bona fide relationship. No fillers,no junk just a good

flow of the relationship from the beginning to current and much more than at other embassies.

NO.....Knowledge of the spouse is not MORE important than document evidence.

It is ALL important and puts together the whole picture.

If you lack in either you will be in trouble.

Your understanding of what was advised here is heavily clouded by your own opinion.

Be objective because what you think you heard was not said at all.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Also correct. The Consular Officer might hand you a paper that says your petition will be returned to USCIS, but it will get there by way of NVC and not quickly either.

You are getting help from people who actually know how the process works. You would be wise to read, comprehend, believe, then act accordingly rather than to argue.

so your point is evidence not sent during petition especially when the case has been sent to the embassy need not be sent to the embassy by parties asides Nvc/Uscis?

Timeline

Front loading pertains to your initial petition send to USCIS only and very necessary for Lagos. Period.

Side loading is sending items to NVC.

You should never send anything to the embassy.

You take well rounded evidence to the interview depicting your genuine bona fide relationship. No fillers,no junk just a good

flow of the relationship from the beginning to current and much more than at other embassies.

NO.....Knowledge of the spouse is not MORE important than document evidence.

It is ALL important and puts together the whole picture.

If you lack in either you will be in trouble.

Your understanding of what was advised here is heavily clouded by your own opinion.

Be objective because what you think you heard was not said at all.

well said and noted

Timeline

Think you are missing the whole point. Seems you guys are dead set against sending evidence that's your choice. Roll the dice and play the odds.

There's no front-loading after the horse has left the stable (USCIS). Your case file goes to the embassy after its processed at NVC and you are scheduled an interview.

The questions asked are based on the evidence presented. I have yet to hear of anyone through Lagos who was approved with presenting nothing?

Front-loading became a big thing for Lagos and other high-fraud countries because of how people were treated at interviews. Many complaining they had brought boatloads of evidence and CO wouldn't look at or consider. Yes many of these people like you thought no evidence was required to send with petition and all was to be brought to interview.

People send in extra at the NVC at times because they have a trip to add more quality evidence. And yes some find out "OMG I sent in nothing I better do it now" which is risky because it may look like you are trying to skip over USCIS and present something they might have rejected or denied. I know of someone who was denied at embassy for that very fact but they were trying to side add divorce decree they didn't add at USCIS and other rubbish.

It's up to you to present your bonafide relationship however you want. This is Lagos you are dealing with which is no small thing. But it can be easy and effortless when you follow instructions and guidance of others who have gone before you and been there done that.

Like I said I have yet to read one person say they were approved at Lagos Consulate and presented nothing. :no:

juxtapose all you just said with what pushbrk et al have said its so CONFUSING especially coming from respected people on VJ.

Am really confused!!!!!!!1

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

so your point is evidence not sent during petition especially when the case has been sent to the embassy need not be sent to the embassy by parties asides Nvc/Uscis?

Please stop interpreting my words other than literally. I said what I said. It does not meant what you wrote above. Yes, "sending" to the IV unit is done by NVC. USCIS does NOT send anything directly to the IV unit at a Consulate or Embassy and unless specifically requested to do so, neither does anybody else, for any reason. I did not use the word "need" in anything I wrote. I was more precise and direct than that, for good reason.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Evidence CAN NOT be SEND to the embassy.

You CARRY it there for the interview.

That is a fact not just someone's opinion.

What evidence do you carry there ? A well rounded stack depicting your bona fide relationship from day one when you met

to current.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Rather than giving feedback of what you thought you heard it may be best if you just ask the questions you want answered

and do not mix your own opinion with it. That way there is less confusion.

Spoiler

Timeline

To me, it's all about choice. It doesn't make a difference and shouldn't raise any flag. Send what you have whenever you chose to. it's an option. Why worry about issues where there's none? Fraud can happen at any point.

thats a relief!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is how I look at it, when you read the instructions provide the information

they are requesting. If you feel that the information your providing is satisfying

the requirements do it!. I did not front load my petition, So, I read the instructions

about 10 times to make sure that I was supplying the information to supplement the application and submitted it without any problems. Working for the federal government, Ive learned

that the instructions are pretty specific, if you supply the information they

are requesting you shouldn't have any problems. Because you meet the application

requirements. Good Luck! but,every embassy is different. So, check out specifics for

the embassy you will be using.

Timeline

i feel like some answers have come so harsh like i am being bullied to accept the answers.

I just may be another slow learner who needs details and some bit of back and forth before understanding is instilled

Now i understand that frontloading isnt techicaly an "official" term as per immigration just some make up by petitioners in the visa process.

I would rather follow what the law says wait for the questions to come during interview based on what was officially sent by the immigration institutions to the embassy as at time of filling and hope the CO ask for more current evidence as per what is stated on their site then i present other than that with "everything been equal" any genuine relationship that God has sanctioned is their time to be together will be approved.

what baffles me sometimes is why SOME and i MEAN some CO's still base their judgement on past interviews of genuinely sham relationships thereby jeopardizing outcomes of genuine ones

Timeline

No doubt i have followed you extensively o this site and respect your expertise on the subject matter.

But note that I WILL BE JUST ONE OF THOSE RARE STATISTICS that came out of LAGOS embassy without frontloading but rather took the chunk and box load of evidence to interview( approximately 14days from now) and CAME OUT APPROVED!!!

WATCH OUT FOR MY REVIEW COME 11TH JUNE!!!!!

ITS A DIVINE CONFIDENCE I KNOW AMNT STANDING ALONE.

what you think????

Timeline

This is how I look at it, when you read the instructions provide the information

they are requesting. If you feel that the information your providing is satisfying

the requirements do it!. I did not front load my petition, So, I read the instructions

about 10 times to make sure that I was supplying the information to supplement the application and submitted it without any problems. Working for the federal government, Ive learned

that the instructions are pretty specific, if you supply the information they

are requesting you shouldn't have any problems. Because you meet the application

requirements. Good Luck! but,every embassy is different. So, check out specifics for

the embassy you will be using.

my thoughts too.

Follow procedure and hope the best!!!!!

Timeline

To me, it's all about choice. It doesn't make a difference and shouldn't raise any flag. Send what you have whenever you chose to. it's an option. Why worry about issues where there's none? Fraud can happen at any point.

What ? What doesn't make a difference ? What is all about choice ? An option ?

Your comment makes no sense in context with the Lagos embassy.

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.