Neo007

8+ months of filling, 3+ months after interview still no decision????

12 posts in this topic

Its has been over 8 months that I have filed my N-400 at Dallas field office and 3+ months of interview and I am still waiting on my decision. I passed the interview but decision was not made at the time of interview. Anyone from Dallas field office experiencing the same delay.

I had made 2 info passes and 1 service request which did no help. I am very close to 120 days. What do I do next? any suggestions folks?
Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Its has been over 8 months that I have filed my N-400 at Dallas field office and 3+ months of interview and I am still waiting on my decision. I passed the interview but decision was not made at the time of interview. Anyone from Dallas field office experiencing the same delay.

I had made 2 info passes and 1 service request which did no help. I am very close to 120 days. What do I do next? any suggestions folks?

Thanks.

As Buckybell said above you can sue them. I advice you though to contact your congressman and ask for help they can help you do that. If it's a dead end after that as well, then sue them. Good luck.

You can sue them.

Whats the process of suing them , you know? How long does it take them to respond and what about $?

As Buckybell said above you can sue them. I advice you though to contact your congressman and ask for help they can help you do that. If it's a dead end after that as well, then sue them. Good luck.

I am actually thinking of contacting congressman and i am doing research about the process as of now. On my second info pass visit two weeks ago I was told they are waiting on a background check to come back from FBI. Isn't background check is done before the interview? And when I requested the service request a month ago based on processing time which was outside the Normal processing time of my Filing date. I was sent a letter stating, " your application/petition is currently pending consideration" what does that mean?

Filed: Timeline

Thanks.

THIS WILL HELP

http://forumarchive.immigration.com/forum/after-the-green-card-and-us-citizenship/us-citizenship/196981-anyone-with-a-lawsuit-against-uscis-or-thinking-about-a-lawsuit-merged?194681-Anyone-with-a-lawsuit-against-USCIS-or-thinking-about-a-lawsuit-%28Merged%29=

Thank you very much. This was very helpful to me. I think I am gonna need attorney to help me file the lawsuit against USCIS. Do any of you know any good immigration attorneys near Dallas area?

Thanks again.

I have contacted congressmen's office and they are saying it would take up to 2 weeks maximum to have some sorts of response back from USCIS field office. 15 days more and I would cross 120 days mark. Do anyone of you think hiring lawyer at this point of time would be helpful in my case?

Thanks
Neo
September filer :-(

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to update you guys I was approved on 10th of this month and I had my Ceremony yesterday. Even though the fact it took 9 months from the day I filed my N-400 to Ceremony day, It was happy ending ending on my side. I wish you all the best in your process, be patience and be positive you're almost there :-)

At this point I would definitely consult with a good immigration attorney. Also, contact your Congressman. USCIS has 120 days from your interview date to make a decision on your case. You said it has only been 3+ months since your interview, so you have a while to go before you can sue USCIS.

NATURALIZATION

02/25/2014 - Eligibility date.

03/03/2014 - N-400 package mailed.

03/11/2014 - Check cashed.

03/14/2014 - NOA received.

04/09/2014 - Biometrics.

04/28/2014 - In-Line for Interview - 6 hours later Interview Scheduled!!

05/02/2014 - Interview Letter received. (Mailed on 29 April)

05/26/2014 - 3 year anniversary.

06/02/2014 - Interview. PASSED!

09/11/2014 - Oath Ceremony.

09/16/2014 - Updated driver licence and registered to vote.

10/08/2014 - Updated Social Security

10/14/2014 - Applied for U.S. Passport

10/27/2014 - U.S. Passport arrived in mail (13 days - DID NOT expedite)

10/30/2014 - Naturalization Certificate arrived in mail (was not folded)

MY IMMIGRATION JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

At this point I would definitely consult with a good immigration attorney. Also, contact your Congressman. USCIS has 120 days from your interview date to make a decision on your case. You said it has only been 3+ months since your interview, so you have a while to go before you can sue USCIS.

He had his Oath yesterday ....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just wanted to update you guys I was approved on 10th of this month and I had my Ceremony yesterday. Even though the fact it took 9 months from the day I filed my N-400 to Ceremony day, It was happy ending ending on my side. I wish you all the best in your process, be patience and be positive you're almost there :-)

Congratulations!

Very good of you to come back and update us... I know there are lots of people in similar situations.

I was wondering if you know why a decision wasn't made during your interview... was there any missing information or anything unusual about your application?

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Congratulations!

Very good of you to come back and update us... I know there are lots of people in similar situations.

I was wondering if you know why a decision wasn't made during your interview... was there any missing information or anything unusual about your application?

Thank you JimmyHou :-)

I had applied N-400 back in 2012 and it got denied, this was my second time I applied and I think that was the reason it took a while for them to make a decision.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.