VetsWife328

Just got real bad news

34 posts in this topic

Once a divorce has been filed, either party can have it finalized. Have you fiancee pony up the 600 and have the attorney finalize it.

We haven't found that to be the case.... :no:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok,again

Sharon filed for the divorce while Jim was deployed.He received the divorce papers downrange,he signed the papers .Sharons signuture was already on them and the papers were notorized.Jim mailed that stuff back to her so she would turn the papers in.Her lawyer wanted 600$ from her which at the time she couldn't(or didn't want to?)pay because she had just lost her job with Sears.

We unfortunatley don't know any more.

Jim can't remember WHAT courthouse it was she filed through but he will try to get a hold of her tonight and try to find out so we can go from there.

I know all of this sounds weird,but trust me we are everything BUT happy about this.

All we want is to finally be together for good.

Does anyone know how a case like this is handled in the State of VIrginia?????????

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

nat... i have no idea since i have never been married or divorced... but, welshie is going through the same thing... she has loads of advice... wishing you the best! *hugs*

Blessings,

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Ok,again

Sharon filed for the divorce while Jim was deployed.He received the divorce papers downrange,he signed the papers .Sharons signuture was already on them and the papers were notorized.Jim mailed that stuff back to her so she would turn the papers in.Her lawyer wanted 600$ from her which at the time she couldn't(or didn't want to?)pay because she had just lost her job with Sears.

We unfortunatley don't know any more.

Jim can't remember WHAT courthouse it was she filed through but he will try to get a hold of her tonight and try to find out so we can go from there.

I know all of this sounds weird,but trust me we are everything BUT happy about this.

All we want is to finally be together for good.

Does anyone know how a case like this is handled in the State of VIrginia?????????

Nat

Hopefully Jim's ex will shine some light on the situation so you will know how you have to proceed. As long as she is happy to go forward with the divorce it shouldn't delay you too much even if you have to start it all over again.....hopefully it is just sitting on file waiting to be finalized. I don't know anything about divorce law in Virginia, but I managed to find lots of info online when I was researching Texas law.

I am sure once Jim has talked to his ex things will be clearer :yes:

Good luck to you both... :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.